WHY ??

Trukkertone:
why did i see at least half a dozen artics involved in accidents in the snow and ice on the 74 last night ■■?

weeto:
They are doing it in the middle of the summer on dry roads, so they must be idiots!!

Since when has January been classed as mid summer? And when has ice and snow on the road still been classed as “dry”?

traction control can be switched off in my car pete , it’s automatic and performs in snow a lot better without it , dave

The-Snowman:

Trukkertone:
why did i see at least half a dozen artics involved in accidents in the snow and ice on the 74 last night ■■?

weeto:
They are doing it in the middle of the summer on dry roads, so they must be idiots!!

Since when has January been classed as mid summer? And when has ice and snow on the road still been classed as “dry”?

It seems to be a regular occurance, they crash off the road, into one another wether its summer or winter, so if they are doing the same thing in summer as they do in winter = stupid drivers!!!
and what part of summer don’t you understand, but it being Scotland, its like winter all year round, so i will excuse your confusion, :smiling_imp:

weeto:
It seems to be a regular occurance, they crash off the road, into one another wether its summer or winter, so if they are doing the same thing in summer as they do in winter = stupid drivers!!!
and what part of summer don’t you understand, but it being Scotland, its like winter all year round, so i will excuse your confusion, :smiling_imp:

This post was asking why they were spun out LAST NIGHT. Last night being January. As in Winter. What part of summer is it YOU dont understand?
Who said the same drivers from last night spin out in summer too? Yes they might but you dont know that. So I was commenting on last nights actions,and last nights alone (you know,the winter ones!)

FFS change your pad Snowman.

The-Snowman:

weeto:

This post was asking why they were spun out LAST NIGHT. Last night being January. As in Winter. What part of summer is it YOU dont understand?
Who said the same drivers from last night spin out in summer too? Yes they might but you dont know that. So I was commenting on last nights actions,and last nights alone (you know,the winter ones!)

Same breed, they were just unfortunate that they ran out of talent, whilst the other 99% of truck drivers passed through the area with no problems.

i was on the a75 this morning seen some right morons driving overtaking in thick snow eventualy came to a standstill for 1 hour never moved i know the a75 is a rat run to stranraer but there are some stupid drivers about

Contraflow:

Aye it must be hard on one long period :unamused: :unamused:

windrush:

chicane:
I’ve driven bikes, cars, tractors and trucks both with and without ABS.

ABS is very effective in most normal conditions, where a good, safe driver should never need it. On wall to wall snow/ice it is a liability. I still believe it is a crutch for bad drivers, the video didn’t demo it on gravel, snow or ice

BMW tried to demo a bike with and without ABS on gravel and it was way less than convincing.

At one time ABS was switchable on certain cars (Audi etc) to allow better control on ice and snow with it turned off, I understand that bikes still have it switchable for that reason?Pete.

I’ve got a 2004 BMW K1200RS bike with ABS and abs is permanently enabled (not switchable), my previous BMW was the same.

Don’t think you can get a road bike without ABS now :confused:

Contraflow:

Change my pad? He quoted my post and was going on about summer. So I responded. Why do I need to “change my pad”? If I don’t like what someone says then il respond. If I dont like their response to that then I’ll respond again. It’s who I am and I’m not ashamed of it. Since you seem to have a problem with the way I am then go to your user panel and put me on the foe list. Then you’ll never need to read anything from me ever again. Coz Im not changing. The thing is I’m a very opinionated person. I’m not denying it. But unlike 90% of Internet forum warriors what you see on here is exactly what you see in person. Anything I type is what I would say face to face.

handbags at dawn coming up now…always nice to watch a battle of wits between unarmed opponents…coffees on,and the crisps and sweeties are getting dug out…settling back in bed waiting to see whos next to spit the dummy out…I reckon its time for contraflow to put up the vid of the 2 riskie grannies flogging each other to death, :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
handbags at dawn coming up now…always nice to watch a battle of wits between unarmed opponents…coffees on,and the crisps and sweeties are getting dug out…settling back in bed waiting to see whos next to spit the dummy out…I reckon its time for contraflow to put up the vid of the 2 riskie grannies flogging each other to death, :slight_smile:

Nah not me. I’m not getting drawn into an argument. It’s extremely childish(and yes I know that makes my early posting history childish!) and it resembles those drunk idiots you see rolling around the floor outside nightclubs at 3am. My dummy is well and truly secured and not getting spat!
Contraflow knows where the foe button is. If he still chooses to read my posts then that’s up to him. The thing is he only comes on here to wind people up. I’ve never actually seen him post anything to help anyone or offer advice. And if that’s the way he wants to be then that’s up to him. I stopped being concerned about people liking me when I was about 12.

1)…Contraflow knows where the foe button is. If he still chooses to read my posts then that’s up to him. The thing is he only comes on here to wind people up. …job done there then??

2)…My dummy is well and truly secured and not getting spat! …And if that’s the way he wants to be then that’s up to him. I stopped being concerned about people liking me when I was about 12…jobe done there again??

looks like 2 nil from here sofar…but its never over till the fat lady sings??.. :smiley:

dieseldog999:
1)…Contraflow knows where the foe button is. If he still chooses to read my posts then that’s up to him. The thing is he only comes on here to wind people up. …job done there then??

2)…My dummy is well and truly secured and not getting spat! …And if that’s the way he wants to be then that’s up to him. I stopped being concerned about people liking me when I was about 12…jobe done there again??

looks like 2 nil from here sofar…but its never over till the fat lady sings??.. :smiley:

Nice try! I actually like your posts for the humour and refreshing honesty (running bent etc) but I see your shiny hook fisherman and I will not take the bait!

The-Snowman:

dieseldog999:

Nice try! I actually like your posts for the humour and refreshing honesty (running bent etc) but I see your shiny hook fisherman and I will not take the bait!

wait till your man wakes up and has another dig at you then… :smiley:

I followed a gritter/plough from the Raith junction of the M74, up onto the 73 then onto the M8… not ploughing or gritting :confused:

The Tesco truck that was right in the grass between junctions 7 & 8, looked pretty stuck in the verge, there was a car on its side just along from it… but for me the worst looking one was the Sainsburys truck jacknifed on the M80 at Auchenkillins

Keep it chappin’… I’ll be doing 35 :slight_smile:

I don’t dislike you Snowman and I don’t have any “foes”, so don’t flatter yourself by thinking you’ll be the first. I enjoy reading your posts and watching you fly off the handle at the first hint of someone disagreeing with you, it’s funny. :laughing:

G6Bob:
I followed a gritter/plough from the Raith junction of the M74, up onto the 73 then onto the M8… not ploughing or gritting :confused:

The Tesco truck that was right in the grass between junctions 7 & 8, looked pretty stuck in the verge, there was a car on its side just along from it… but for me the worst looking one was the Sainsburys truck jacknifed on the M80 at Auchenkillins

They were probably flat out on cruise control!

weeto:

G6Bob:

They were probably flat out on cruise control!

The Sainsbury one was quite funny. He was just sat in the cab with the light on as if nothing was wrong.