Someone please explain to me WHY

So it was early hours of this morning after a hectic day yesterday on the M6 Keele, I had to call it a night there after being parked for 5 hours… I was eating breakfast at 4am this morning in my cab and saw a co-operative double deck trailer coming through, then I heard a bit of a crunch… i looked up and his rear trailer wheels had mounted one of the seriously high kerbs, I thought it was gonna send him over especially if he was top heavy. As it came down, it bent the wheel drum on the 1st axel, closest to the legs… it went with a bang and was flat instantly. He got out, scratched his head, slammed his doors ect then drove off… I set off about 10 minutes later and saw him on the hard shoulder, all the way down to stafford services, knowing he had effectivley no wheel back there… why would he do this?

I’m gonna have a guess…steering wheel attendant so knows no better?

I once had a low tyre in a services, rang my gaffer and he told me to drive 200 yard down hard shoulder. He reckoned that to repair or change it inside the msa he’d have to use an approved tyre company with permission to work on the msa… Instead of our regular cheap as chips tyre monkey. How true that is I honestly don’t know…

fredthered:
I’m gonna have a guess…steering wheel attendant so knows no better?

+1 - My guess would of been ‘maybe he likea mcdonalds and not kfc whilst he waits for a few hours…’ lol.
On a professional level, its a ■■■■ right stupid thing to do.

When I was a clerk at co-op on nights, we had a trunk come in from Coventry NDC, the driver had mounted the kerb going round the 2nd to last roundabout before the Nottingham depot, he did all 3 n/s wheels lol.

Think he only got a warning apparently it was almost £3000 in damage, at least he was on time which was a change for that shower of…

stupidn00b:
I once had a low tyre in a services, rang my gaffer and he told me to drive 200 yard down hard shoulder. He reckoned that to repair or change it inside the msa he’d have to use an approved tyre company with permission to work on the msa… Instead of our regular cheap as chips tyre monkey. How true that is I honestly don’t know…

200 yarss you can understand, afterall you could of been moving to a more suitable place like you did in your employera case… but about 10 miles is beyond a joke. There was a bad accident in the same area less than 24hrs prior…

Oh as for why?

He probably did it to cover his arse and will say it happened in transit!

NewLad:
Oh as for why?

^^^this^^^

stupidn00b:

Had similar called tyre fitter(one of the big named co).Told to me pull out of msa.Only went about 50yrds onto h/shoulder, he followed,said it was cheaper.

newmercman:

NewLad:
Oh as for why?

^^^this^^^

^^^+1^^^

He parked in front of my motor in Stafford services this morning about 4.15 am, someone else asked him to move as he was blocking them too. On the return trip north about 6.a.m. he was on the hard shoulder having his wheels changed.
I got caught up in that tailback yesterday for 5 hrs, I couldn’t get on Keele it was rammed !

stupidn00b:

Your boss is an idiot of the highest order end of :unamused:

And you could be construed as pretty much the same for following his instruction.

Do you think it was acceptable for you and the tyre fitter to be put at greater risk of been smacked in the unlikely event of it costing a few more quid in the msa for using an approved (by who?) wherever he gets that myth from

bodycarelad:
200 yards you can understand, afterall you could of been moving to a more suitable place like you did in your employera case… but about 10 miles is beyond a joke. There was a bad accident in the same area less than 24hrs prior…

manitou:
Had similar called tyre fitter(one of the big named co).Told to me pull out of msa.Only went about 50yrds onto h/shoulder, he followed,said it was cheaper.

What sort of cheapskate, numpty idiots do you work for?

The same ones who wanted me to sit in that traffic till my 15hrs was up and find somewhere free, potentially another 4 hours in that case instead of paying for parking in services

Both times I’ve had a blowout I’ve been maybe a mile from Strensham services. Instead of parking on the hard shoulder, I limped into Strensham each time, parked as far away from sleeping drivers as I could, and called the office to get a tyre fitter to me. If I’d realised it was more expensive to get a fitter to the services, I’d have done exactly the same. Parking on the hard shoulder is potentially very dangerous indeed, and more importantly, you can’t wander into the services and get a coffee. :smiley:

manitou:

stupidn00b:

well i’v never heard that of that before, would be easier and safer too do it in the services than on the hard shoulder

speedyguy:

stupidn00b:

Your boss is an idiot of the highest order end of :unamused:

And you could be construed as pretty much the same for following his instruction.

Do you think it was acceptable for you and the tyre fitter to be put at greater risk of been smacked in the unlikely event of it costing a few more quid in the msa for using an approved (by who?) wherever he gets that myth from

bodycarelad:
200 yards you can understand, afterall you could of been moving to a more suitable place like you did in your employera case… but about 10 miles is beyond a joke. There was a bad accident in the same area less than 24hrs prior…

manitou:

Tarmac job.
I was helping out an O/d at the time whose wife had just passed away.

Say it blew out on the road instead of by being a numpty, saves his arse maybe?

scotstrucker:

manitou:

stupidn00b:

well i’v never heard that of that before, would be easier and safer too do it in the services than on the hard shoulder

Well neither had I. Fitter happy enough,Hato there job done.

manitou:

speedyguy:

Tarmac job.
I was helping out an O/d at the time whose wife had just passed away.

That explains a lot “steam & p#ss” springs to mind :stuck_out_tongue:

manitou:
Well neither had I. Fitter happy enough,Hato there job done.

I hope they didn’t shut a lane for you and hold everyone else up on the motorway to save your tight fisted boss a couple of quid :grimacing:

bodycarelad:

The same ones who wanted me to sit in that traffic till my 15hrs was up and find somewhere free, potentially another 4 hours in that case instead of paying for parking in services

Maybe you get the bosses you deserve :question: when they pull stunts like that if your happy to go along with it.

This free place to park you talk of, does it provide toilets or do you just use the local countryside or expect some other business to provide your tight fisted boss with a free service ?