why do they do it

spoke to chap aint seen for while young lad what you up to etc got to be at yard 3pm to get lift with other driver to collect my truck 3hrs away pick up his truck 6pm go load tip cant get tipped till 6am when they open then go load for home now how much for 3pm sunday till loaded at reading Monday morn after 6am tip so wont be finished till near 9am no yer all wrong £90 mental also told boss needs to pay back hours as done 6 cards in 2 weeks boss says he wont get paid till hes back at the wheel all for £90 a shift so you pay for licence and drivers cpc and digi card and get this £90 for 15 hrs £6hr not to mention 3hrs unpaid to get to yer truck any one fancy a start big flash trucks :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :question:

neverhome73:
£90 for 15 hrs £6hr not to mention 3hrs unpaid to get to yer truck any one fancy a start big flash trucks :open_mouth:

Chuck in some frilly curtains and a couple of LEDs tie-wrapped to the grill and we can talk. :unamused:

3 pm sun til 9 am mon is 18 hrs
is there something your not telling us here :question:

Seems three hours unpaid to the pick up.
Jeeze you gotta be desperately cab happy :unamused: :laughing:

I’ll do it of I can drive a Topline.

FFS what’s wrong with people. Wages are dismal on average because of drivers like that.

However, if the choice was 90 quid a day or the dole then I’d obviously be working for them.

Something would has to go seriously wrong though

Depends where you live as to the wages as there seem to be a big difference as a lot of company up here in nowhere land :laughing: pay £7.50 ish per hr or £100 per day ish & think that is good ok some do get more some do get a bit less depends who you work for

But for new / or little experience this is what they can expect at 1st & no no nice shinny new lorry

Supply / demand there are to many drivers not enough work atm although is getting better but still not there yet

animal:
Depends where you live as to the wages as there seem to be a big difference as a lot of company up here in nowhere land :laughing: pay £7.50 ish per hr or £100 per day ish & think that is good ok some do get more some do get a bit less depends who you work for

But for new / or little experience this is what they can expect at 1st & no no nice shinny new lorry

Supply / demand there are to many drivers not enough work atm although is getting better but still not there yet

things not getting any better in my opinion working time directive then digi cards now driver cpc all the time its to improve things no sign of it happenin yet and am a cab happy driver with chrome and frilly curtains all paid for buy my employer I know am in minority but to here of drivers new and old paying for kelsa bars and tank wraps out of there own pocket for this kind of money I just cant understand why I know of night trunk driver who packed in and now shelf stacker at asda for more money end of whinge :laughing:

Flash trucks ■■ Do they look like this ? :smiley: :smiley:

How the ■■■■ does he see to drive. Nice motor despite the grime

Tipper Tom:
How the [zb] does he see to drive.

Uses the hard shoulder line of course 8-/

green456:
3 pm sun til 9 am mon is 18 hrs
is there something your not telling us here :question:

that’ll work out at £5 ph bet he’s gotta pay his parking and a tenner night out because the boss gave him a sleeper with a night heater :unamused: