How Did It Get This Way!

Doe’s not matter where I seem to work be It Homebase Tesco Asda or any other blue chip company there is a recurring pattern evolving.

Im lucky If I get 2 or 3 shifts each week at 8 hours a shift, yet the Poles at any of these places seem to be getting 12 hour shifts 5 or 6 days each week and making very nice money yet Im very close to having to sign on again because Im just not earning enough money to cover my rent council tax ect.

Why do us British drivers put up with this crap? and before any wishy washy liberal do gooder says Im racist far from it but these are cold hard facts in my area, its happening. Surely It has to be British drivers for British jobs.

Im sure the majority of British drivers out there feel the same way I do, No other trade or profession would put up with this crap but us British drivers bend right over touch or little toes and take a good hard one up the arse.

Do you think us British truckers would ever be able to form a Union just for HGV drivers so we have a voice out there to represent us and look after or needs, Or am I living In a dream world and this is our lot?

You lot got no answers to this, whats bloody wrong with you lot am I the only one who thinks this way?

dantruckman:
Im lucky If I get 2 or 3 shifts each week at 8 hours a shift, yet the Poles at any of these places seem to be getting 12 hour shifts 5 or 6 days each week and making very nice money yet Im very close to having to sign on again because Im just not earning enough money to cover my rent council tax ect.

You must be on the same hourly rate aren’t you? What you’ve written doesn’t quite make sense. Maybe your use of the word ‘seem’ is important here. Sorry if I seem like a clever ■■■■ but why would you be treated differently if you’re on the same hourly rate?

Yep you SEEM to be a clever ■■■■ to me mate. My point im trying to get across is this…If a company only need say 2 drivers for 1 night now theres 4 of us wanting the work 2 Poles and 2 Brits us BRITS should get the work wether the poles have been there longer than us or not. But it dont SEEM to work like that.

How did you vote at the last election?

Ukip but this is not about what you vote for this is about us British drivers sticking together it matters not who is in goverment if we had a truckers union and all stuck together we could get things done. Yes there would be a period of unsettlement to begin with but the future would be bright and much better to be a trucker.

if only it was that simple

Perhaps the client doesn’t WANT you there as often? Just a thought…
Also, if you are doing 3 shifts, how do you know the same driver is getting 5 shifts there? Are you sat outside the gates clocking them?

I can appreciate its not that easy, but most trades have there own union to represent there needs.
It would not be impossible for such a union to be formed just needs a maverick with a vision to make a better brighter future for us drivers.

Where do you live, I’ll give you 5-6 shifts a week, already turned 3 jobs away today, which is a daily occurance and yes I am an Agency based in South Lincolnshire and yes I also employ EC drivers as well as UK Drivers.

The Sarge:
Perhaps the client doesn’t WANT you there as often? Just a thought…
Also, if you are doing 3 shifts, how do you know the same driver is getting 5 shifts there? Are you sat outside the gates clocking them?

No but my mate on security is and the girl who sorts the pay out in the office it happens. I get the feeling you are all for our polish friends taking our work from under us?

In Oxford

PDL:
Where do you live, I’ll give you 5-6 shifts a week, already turned 3 jobs away today, which is a daily occurance and yes I am an Agency based in South Lincolnshire and yes I also employ EC drivers as well as UK Drivers.

dantruckman:
I can appreciate its not that easy, but most trades have there own union to represent there needs.
It would not be impossible for such a union to be formed just needs a maverick with a vision to make a better brighter future for us drivers.

You start it and I’ll join it.

Bit too far away then!!!

Trust me If I had the money and the knowledge I would do. I cant understand why a union barron has not formed such a union, maybe the goverment would not allow such a union to be formed as it would hold a great deal of power.

Us truckers could bring the country to a stand still If our demands were not met …look I dont want to get all militant but what I do want is the crazy demands they put on us to stop ie DCPC, drivers hours, no rights for us agency drivers, having to pay for your digi card when they brought it in ect.

I don’t understand why the foreign drivers would get more work than you if youre all on the same money perhaps they’re just better at the job.

As the law stands you could not form a trades union that only takes on British workers.

LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND IT BLOODY HELLS BELLS.

THIS IS HAPPENING IN MY AREA

A nice little polish driver has been at the agency for 6 months and me a british driver only 1 month.

Now a company calls and says can i have a driver for the night shift now the pole gets the postion I took this up with the agency there answer to this was hes been with us longer than you so he gets first choice.

Now that cant be right and NO IM NOT A CRAP DRIVER ive got a clean licence and am a very polite good boy when in work.

The agencys round here seem to believe in = rites wether your a pole or british driver I think this is wrong we should come first in our own country DO YOU UNDERSTAND MY POINT NOW. FFS

Its almost as if you lot want to protect these little darling polish drivers, I got nothing against them as people hell I even let one buy me a coffe the other night we had a good talk about this he could see my point. maybe most of you have got a nice little permanent job earning a nice wage each week and this dont effect you.

dantruckman:
Trust me If I had the money and the knowledge I would do. I cant understand why a union barron has not formed such a union, maybe the goverment would not allow such a union to be formed as it would hold a great deal of power.

Us truckers could bring the country to a stand still If our demands were not met …look I dont want to get all militant but what I do want is the crazy demands they put on us to stop ie DCPC, drivers hours, no rights for us agency drivers, having to pay for your digi card when they brought it in ect.

There are to many drivers who live for there truck and the bosses no it that’s why they can do what they want.

mac12:

dantruckman:

There are to many drivers who live for there truck and the bosses no it that’s why they can do what they want.

very well put