Who is dropping the rubbish in overnight stops

About to park for the night in a small industrial estate as I have done many times only to be told by a security man that as this was a private estate and the owners had finally got sick of picking up bags of rubbish, neatly tied of course, and shovelling up human waste that the place was no longer available. Signs have been put up and apparently the clampers are to go on the job.

I know that I don’t toss the bags out, and according to everybody I ask , they don’t either, so who can it be? Don’t blame foreign drivers, very few of them shop at ASDA or Tesco. So another good spot is no longer available.

have u seen the amount of rubbish as u leave the m25 for the m1 northbound!!.. its covered in bags of crap and bottles of ■■■■…

I dunno about the bags of rubbish everywhere
But I was in Whitwood yesturday afternoon for a 30, when I gets out of the cab to go to the cafe/toilets, and something caught my eye, yep it was a nice patch of brown mud someone had let behind in the parking. it was only the andrex that tipped me off, as several trucks must have run over it.
Ive only ever O/N there once but i know there IS a toilet available in the garage shop if reqd

its not me i can tell you that :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: but what on slip roads the amount of bottles of ■■■■ is disgraceful. what is so hard to put them in a bin on your next stop. :question:

jessicas dad:
what is so hard to put them in a bin on your next stop. :question:

Even better just pour it down a drain so it’s not left for the binmen to clear up :blush:

I think it’s fair enough taking a ■■■■■ behind the tyre at 2am in the morning mid sleep if you are a fair distance from the loo but not in the day time and you can walk to the services bog. Taking a dump anyway other than a toilet or bushes that no one will frequent (if you are in trouble) is pretty low.

Some scum bag took a dump in the back of one of our empty trailers once, someone had to clean it up!!!

Put your rubbish in the bin, how hard is it? Makes the place look depressing and scummy, like has been said when the people who own the land get fed up of it then they just close the area to HGV parking. Bottles of ■■■■ should also go in the bin in a plastic bag, i’d feel ashamed making someone else pick that up after me.

I have always bagged my rubbish, it then sits inside my passenger step till i stop for fuel. Every forecourt has bins. Strange how none of us spot these scum bags.

I’ve often found that my rubbish bag won’t fit in the bin’s slit. But there again I’ve noticed that the facilities in Britain are generally optomistic to say the least. ‘Household’ type bins are often used where industrial ones are really needed.

French service and lay byes have gotten round the problem by putting huge cab height bins at the exit where RH and LH truck drivers can lob out their rubbish. Here you’ll be lucky to find a pink paint pot size swing bin weighed down by a blob of mouldy banana.

David H:
‘…I’ve noticed that the facilities in Britain are generally optomistic to say the least…’

The removal of containers large & publicly prominent enough to accept a reasonable sized IED (improvised explosive device) has been a terrorism control measure. Any larger and they also invite un-licensed bodgers & fly-tippers evading council tips.

Thank successive governments for irritating the hot-heads for the first cause and them again for shoddy leadership in deregulating waste disposal & delegating scant guidance down to local authorities without displaying any meaningful policies nationally.

Perhaps its because those of us on here are sufficiently interested in our jobs to come on an internet forum and talk about it. Therefore are likely to be the kind that wouldn’t just chuck rubbish out the window.

Them that do the job because its one they were given, or the dole paid for it etc, might be more likely to chuck rubbish out the window?

Me. Its me. McDonalds wrappers, turds, everything. I do it.

How about drivers taking a dump in amongst the load?

a couple of classics are:
drivers delivering those large bulk bags of sand and gravel, to builders merchants. climb into the back of the CS trailer, dig a hole in the sand, take a dump, and cover it back up :open_mouth:

and theres my old mate Nigel who worked on the glass recycling bins, getting caught taking a dump in the back, by a guy who was convinced nigel was mixing up the brown/green/clear glass in the compartmented tipper.
The guy wasn`t convinced it was separated, so climbed up to look inside, thinking no one was around … nigel was in the back with his pants down :smiley: :smiley:

peirre:
How about drivers taking a dump in amongst the load?

a couple of classics are:
drivers delivering those large bulk bags of sand and gravel, to builders merchants. climb into the back of the CS trailer, dig a hole in the sand, take a dump, and cover it back up :open_mouth:

why didnt he just plan his stop better, i went to a mc donalds for a dump last week also services customer premises. the only places i wont go are the asian places in bradford because they have different ideas of toilets like the french.

He probably got caught short after visiting 1 of those asian places the night before

This is a age old problem it is not a new thing, WE NEED MORE KHAZIS that

are available 24hrs a day in laybys. We shouldn’t have to depend on the McDs

of this world to have a Tom ■■■.

Why can’t we be like the French or any other Euro country they have them.

As for the rubbish yes it does and has always been chucked out the window

by some , not all drivers, the thing is these days it’s not cleared up. The Slip to

M1 north from M25 is a disgrace, yes it shouldn’t be there and people should

use the bins, but FFS someone MUST be resposible for cleaning it up.

peirre:
He probably got caught short after visiting 1 of those asian places the night before

Gandhi"s revenge
:laughing:

Reminds me of a time many moons ago when i was parked up in a lay by,
literally miles from anywhere in the wilds of North Yorks.
Up bright and early the next morning doing a squat under the trailer(into a carrier bag),when out of nowhere, a jogger trots past, looks at me and all i could do was say “morning” as went on his merry way!!
:blush:

Suedehead:
Up bright and early the next morning doing a squat under the trailer(into a carrier bag),when out of nowhere, a jogger trots past, looks at me and all i could do was say “morning” as went on his merry way!!

Similar thing happened to me in a layby at stocksfield near hexham having a pee next to the tyre ,passenger door open ,when a family of four, kids an all came strolling past,“Alright” was the only word i could muster.

It would help if the councils bothered to empty the roadside bins so that you could actually put something in them intead of beside.

Suedehead:

thats why we need mr Vain to sort his “neat seat for sheeeeet” so you never need to go through that again