LITTER

As anybody seen how much litter there is anywhere where trucks are involved,every lay by and slip road is rammed with rubbish lobbed out of the window,most of it is carrier bags full of our stuff ,get your act together fellas :unamused:

Just thinking the same the other night. Stopped in lay-by on A13 just east of M25 and thought it looks just like our local tip.
Mind you, a lot of flip-flops park there overnight so it can’t all be blamed on UK drivers.

Laybys on the a1 and on the 650 in bradford are embarrassing :neutral_face:

All of Bradford is an embarrassment :slight_smile:

I was delivering to an ind est that I sometimes overnight park at. Only just noticed all the crap lying around as it was daylight.
Equal blame I reckon both UK and EE drivers. So I reckon the parking is on borrowed time
All these Jeremy Kyle type dossers that are unemployable could be utilised to sort this problem , give them a hi viz and a pair of gloves use them as road cleaners, at least then our taxes could be put to better use than maintaining their scrounging life style.

I was thinking about this rubbish last week, carrier bags all up the A40 . What a right mess !! It’s as though there’s been a sudden surge of carrier bag lobbers, & not just on laby’s but along the roadside for miles :unamused: :unamused:

raymundo:
All of Bradford is an embarrassment :slight_smile:

Not really pal :unamused: ,im talking about LORRY drivers not throwing rubbish .

robroy:
All these Jeremy Kyle type dossers that are unemployable could be utilised to sort this problem , give them a hi viz and a pair of gloves use them as road cleaners, at least then our taxes could be put to better use than maintaining their scrounging life style.

What we really need is for professional drivers to stop dumping their â– â– â– â–  everywhere!

I’m 100% with the OP on this one, it boils my ■■■■ the state truck drivers leave so many parking areas in, then they wonder why the local council end up knocking them on the head :unamused: It’s not always just litter on the floor, grass verges being torn up by inconsiderate tossers is an issue as well.

rob22888:

robroy:

What we really need is for professional drivers to stop dumping their [zb] everywhere!

I’m 100% with the OP on this one, it boils my ■■■■ the state truck drivers leave so many parking areas in, then they wonder why the local council end up knocking them on the head :unamused: It’s not always just litter on the floor, grass verges being torn up by inconsiderate tossers is an issue as well.

Agreed, and you always get the majority suffering from the actions of the minority. Unfortunately because of the minority we are all looked upon in the same way.

seth 70:
As anybody seen how much litter there is anywhere where trucks are involved,every lay by and slip road is rammed with rubbish lobbed out of the window,most of it is carrier bags full of our stuff ,get your act together fellas :unamused:

Were it better with more Parking Places as known from Continent?

No, it’s just that no one seems to give a bugger anymore. We come back for holidays now and again and we’re both seeing how it gets a bit worse on every trip. :angry:

I tend to store mine up and then lob it on the A75…if people didn’t litter,then think of all the street cleaners that would be on the dole… :slight_smile:

I bag mine up and when it’s full I throw it out of the window…
…I have to make sure the sheet isn’t on though. A snooty jobsworth at Smiths told me once that I shouldn’t even throw my bagged up litter in the back as their tip was only licensed for inert waste. :unamused:
Always managed to hide tree roots though. :wink:

Funnily enough I was also thinking the same the other day, worst is the bag of â– â– â– â– â–  hanging in a tree and the many bottles of layby lucozade!!!
Although it’s never an excuse, a lot of lay-bys don’t have bins, guess they would have to employ a bod to empty. I always bag and either stop at the next bin I see take back to the yard skip.

Muckaway:
I bag mine up and when it’s full I throw it out of the window…
…I have to make sure the sheet isn’t on though. A snooty jobsworth at Smiths told me once that I shouldn’t even throw my bagged up litter in the back as their tip was only licensed for inert waste. :unamused:
Always managed to hide tree roots though. :wink:

I work at Smiths Gloucester and it’s pretty much what I do. When rolling back into the yard the carrier bag goes out the window onto the landfill pile.

Always take a couple of bin bags with me. Couldn’t think about throwing general rubbish out of the window. Just bag it and get rid of it next time you stop for fuel?

Throw the odd bit of biodegradable out the window. Banana peel, Apple core etc as I cmt see what harm it’ll as long as it’s thrown into a field or grassy area.

Really annoys me when I’m driving along and the vehicle in front just starts emptying all their McDonald’s rubbish all over the road. No need for it.

It’s not only lorry drivers that are guilty. I’ve been campaigning for months to have a dog ■■■ bin put up on a local dog walk. Last week, this was done. A big red shiny one, difficult to miss. This morning, not five feet from the bin was a huge pile of dog ■■■■. I sometimes despair of the human race.

Sometimes them bins are a tad too high for the dog to reach, and sometimes the dogs are a bit too heavy for the owner to pick them up and hold them in position while they do their business.

It’s not hard to just put your rubbish in a carrier bag, tie it up n throw it in the next bin you see :unamused: whether that be at a garage, layby, customers premises, wherever.

Unfortunately it’s just a sign of lazy ■■■■■■■■ from all walks of life, not just lorry drivers.

Next time you come off a m/way,take note on how much of the rubbish is old lager tinnys ,im not saying its lorry drivers having a beer going down the road but hell of alot of drivers do :open_mouth: