LITTER

Ever seen a crow or seagull taking rubbish from bins , and if toilets were provided am sure drivers would use them , except the few lazy toads :smiley:

It’ll be the agency drivers that are responsible for most of it.

Contraflow:

Because it suits their way of life :wink:

the maoster:
Sometimes them bins are a tad too high for the dog to reach, and sometimes the dogs are a bit too heavy for the owner to pick them up and hold them in position while they do their business.

quality!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OTS:
Ever seen a crow or seagull taking rubbish from bins , and if toilets were provided am sure drivers would use them , except the few lazy toads :smiley:

I have,i was parked at bridgewater services on break when this seagull landed on a bin not 10 ft from me,then proceeded to empty a bin to get to a Mc donalds bag in there,i sat there laughing,never seen it before,also another tale was told to me about a chip shop in Whitby,apparently the food is so good there is usually a half hour wait to be served,a woman had apparently waited that long to be served when she got the fish and chips she walked across the road to her husband only to be robbed halfway across by a seagull,according to what I was told she then burst into tears,should not laugh but it would have been one for you tube

Contraflow:

good try contraflow,but not biting this time,lol

In France in rest areas, I saw giant bins underground, that has you drive past the bin, there is an upright chute to throw rubbish down.
Imagine a plastic cement mixer body, that is upside down underground, but the quarter of the size of mixer .
When it is full, a lorry with a crane lifts it out to empty it.

peterm:
No, it’s just that no one seems to give a bugger anymore. We come back for holidays now and again and we’re both seeing how it gets a bit worse on every trip. :angry:

Thats coming from somebody who visits from oz and as noticed how bad its got :cry:

toby1234abc:
In France in rest areas, I saw giant bins underground, that has you drive past the bin, there is an upright chute to throw rubbish down.
Imagine a plastic cement mixer body, that is upside down underground, but the quarter of the size of mixer .

And it’s all free :smiley: (or is it :question: :bulb: )

I’ve found a lot of the mess is caused by international trampers parking up overnight I’ve seen them crap on the side of the road and leave it there and drive off when toilet blocks are available

toby1234abc:

Let us not forget that our snail-eating adversaries get the biggest dip (alongside our bratwurst munching, teutonic cousins) of the not inconsiderable Brussels slush fund. Just look at their immaculate, flower laden roadsides/roundabouts for further confirmation of this.

Litter bins should be like fruit machines. You keep chucking litter in then randomly it throws out cash. That way you’d get all the scroungers driving to lay-bys to get cash for cheap drink. They’re entertained, occasionally get money for drinks and the lay-bys get cleared.

Diversion2:
Litter bins should be like fruit machines. You keep chucking litter in then randomly it throws out cash. That way you’d get all the scroungers driving to lay-bys to get cash for cheap drink. They’re entertained, occasionally get money for drinks and the lay-bys get cleared.

The simple ideas are always the best - brilliant! Send it to a politician and see if they claim it as their own!

the maoster:
Sometimes them bins are a tad too high for the dog to reach, and sometimes the dogs are a bit too heavy for the owner to pick them up and hold them in position while they do their business.

its a pity some dogs arnt as well trained as others.

dog.jpg

seth 70:

peterm:
No, it’s just that no one seems to give a bugger anymore. We come back for holidays now and again and we’re both seeing how it gets a bit worse on every trip. :angry:

Thats coming from somebody who visits from oz and as noticed how bad its got :cry:

It’s sad to say Seth but I think that anybody who leaves the U.K. for a couple of years and then returns notice’s just how much litter and fly tipping goes on over there. I am not saying that we don’t have inconsiderate buggers over here but lots of people do volunteer to put it right. Every year we have a Clean Up Australia Day which happens to be next Sunday. It’s also a family thing which gets the kids involved and after four hours you get a free hot dog from the barbie which are usually supplied by most of the local shops and businesses . It’s a community thing so there is no reason why it couldn’t work in the U.K. if somebody really wanted to do something about it.

sustainableschools.qld.edu.a … ?tabid=913

rob22888:

robroy:
All these Jeremy Kyle type dossers that are unemployable could be utilised to sort this problem , give them a hi viz and a pair of gloves use them as road cleaners, at least then our taxes could be put to better use than maintaining their scrounging life style.

What we really need is for professional drivers to stop dumping their [zb] everywhere!

I’m 100% with the OP on this one, it boils my ■■■■ the state truck drivers leave so many parking areas in, then they wonder why the local council end up knocking them on the head :unamused: It’s not always just litter on the floor, grass verges being torn up by inconsiderate tossers is an issue as well.

ASDA Cribb’s Causeway is a perfect example. 24 hr toilets less than 100m away and litter bins everywhere, yet the area where trucks used to park was covered in bags of rubbish, and bags of a lot worse too.

Is this the topic m8,

Seems like tramp - ing just about sums it up.

I think the A14 from the M6/M1 to Cambridge must be the worst stretch for rubbish , I wanted a break and stopped in the last layby that was open before catthorpe . Jesus the rubbish was literally a foot deep on the embankment absolutely disgusting . I think I would of been sick if I had got out of the truck . I drove onto Corley services instead :unamused: . The ■■■■ soaked lorry park seemed almost pleasant in comparison :confused:
Cheers Mike

It must be said that truckers aren’t the only guilty parties when it comes to the amount of litter.

I drove up the A1 today on the old stretch towards Darrington & the amount of litter along the carriageway is absolutely shocking. When they start work upgrading that stretch they’ll need to allocate several days & numerous waste wagons just to clear the crap. The laybys (that are left) are the worst areas, but clearly a lot of it is making its way from car windows.

I believe the responsibility for litter picking along these old stretches lie with local councils & it’s a once a year thing because the cost of getting the HA to shut lanes etc.