overnighters

where i work we have drivers overnighting on the road around the car park,going home tonight i spoke to one of these drivers and found out its no longer allowed,the managing director was happy to let them park there until some drivers decided to start chucking out rubbish on the ground and bottles full of urine,these minority have screwed it up for the majority of drivers delivering goods to the depot where i work,they now have to find alternative parking elsewhere,not sure if these drivers are european or british,either way its wrong considering we have toilets and waste bins inside the grounds and security were happy to let these drivers use the facilities,obviously the minority were too lazy to walk a couple of hundred yards for said facilities

Seen a lot of good parking places go for the same reason. First comes the rubbish then the rats and then the ban.

bazstan009:
Seen a lot of good parking places go for the same reason. First comes the rubbish then the rats and then the ban.

as i said all because of a minority

bazstan009:

no no no
the rats are first, followed by the rubbish then the ban :open_mouth:

Truckers Tizer strikes again.

The same happens on oysterbed road on Felixstowe Dock and it is only UK registered trucks that park down there, seen the dock cleaning squad down there the other day cleaning up after the dirty gits, it doesn’t help that they have removed the large bins that were down there before they put the tracks in, but that is no excuse!

weeto:
The same happens on oysterbed road on Felixstowe Dock and it is only UK registered trucks that park down there, seen the dock cleaning squad down there the other day cleaning up after the dirty gits, it doesn’t help that they have removed the large bins that were down there before they put the tracks in, but that is no excuse!

Bins wouldn’t make much difference, that would require walking :unamused: Most litter in laybys etc. has clearly just been lobbed from the cab window. If theres a fence, bush or a verge next to somewhere trucks park, it’s almost guaranteed to be polluted with truckers tizer and plassy bags full of faeces. It’s pathetic. Another reason we aren’t treated like professionals - and it’s not just the foreigners.

There is simply no need for littering at all.

In my opinion, people that litter are scum & should have a finger removed for each occurrence.

You’ll have noticed its one thing that really winds me up.

rob22888:

• and it’s not just the foreigners.

In my experience the Brits are the worst.

It enrages me that we are a out own worst enemy.

How bright do you need to be to understand that you for ■■■■ on your own doorstep?

I wonder about the state of some drivers houses when you see litter piled up in lay-bys

Tipper Tom:

How bright do you need to be to understand that you for [zb] on your own doorstep?

I wonder about the state of some drivers houses when you see litter piled up in lay-bys

They’re immaculate…they dump all their crap elsewhere!!

Silver_Surfer:

In my opinion, people that litter are scum & should have a finger removed for each occurrence.

I’m all for that too!.. Not many would be re-offending into double figures :smiley: :smiley:

Silver_Surfer:

Agreed. I’m pretty left wing and liberal as a rule, but I really despise people who thoughtlessly drop litter.

truckman20:
where i work we have drivers overnighting on the road around the car park,going home tonight i spoke to one of these drivers and found out its no longer allowed,the managing director was happy to let them park there until some drivers decided to start chucking out rubbish on the ground and bottles full of urine

Is this a private road on private land?

When coming off a motorway slip road or dual carriagway,rubbish has been thrown out of vehicles.
Most of it is tin cans.
Why do folks chuck Macky D 's and Kfc packaging a few miles from the place.?

Tipper Tom:

How bright do you need to be to understand that you for [zb] on your own doorstep?

probably harry enfields wayne and waynetta slob types

Simple answer, like boats and motorhomes, tractor units should be big enough to be fitted with a toilet and shower, but of course that would cost a couple of pallet spaces so it will never happen. Until then, I guess we all still need to ■■■■ and crap, same as our masters. :wink:

Harry Monk:
Simple answer, like boats and motorhomes, tractor units should be big enough to be fitted with a toilet and shower, but of course that would cost a couple of pallet spaces so it will never happen. Until then, I guess we all still need to ■■■■ and crap, same as our masters. :wink:

Way past time that this was looked at by the legislators and truck makers.
Quick enough to pass new regulations that extract money.

toby1234abc:
When coming off a motorway slip road or dual carriagway,rubbish has been thrown out of vehicles.
Most of it is tin cans.
Why do folks chuck Macky D 's and Kfc packaging a few miles from the place.?

More to the point, why don’t they eat the packaging and throw the ridiculous “food” away?

Dog walkers who pick up dog ■■■ in a bag then throw the bag in the hedge or bush.
I saw someone do this while i was on the cab bunk.
They thought nobody was watching them.