Overnight parking Shap

anybody on here park overnight on the bit of road next to the council depot at J39 M6 Shap ■■?
not for much longer. the council are putting a ban on it…
be warned, cos no doubt they will only put a small sign up and then start handing out tickets…

Has anyone challenged it before it goes in ?

What’s the reason for it going in, Overnighters leaving crap everywhere ?

If that’s the reason a 2 or 4hr max waiting time would box that off.

Might be sommat to do with some muppet blkcking the road… as its an emergancy foute into the quarry and to the farms beyond.
Not been down it for years but recall the verges were soft when we dumped wrecks on it for later collection after cleaning rtc’s on m6.
Yet another parking place lost to all by the minority.

another parking place lost?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca … e-30435059

Driver-Once-More:

He did not have a choice?? He’s in a truck I’d have just pulled up and sat there reading the paper getting paid for it whilst the ■■■■■■ in in the other vehicle screamed blue murder for me to shift :smiley:
Mind you the driver of the recovery truck could be making things up and there really was no other vehicle involved :wink:

In the summer used to see more and more trucks parked up there but since they put Police cones down never seen one.

^^^ throw them in the back of the trailer :smiley:

Usually see a few there at night, personally they are well away from any people so I don’t see the harm

Driver-Once-More:

That is the biggest non story ever. Not sure how it took so long to recover. If run off road then surely pull it back the way it went in. As for the humorous quote? Glad I was in the bath reading it just in case I needed to pee. Roasters.