Which way....

…would you go from Hull to Brighton?

I ask the question simply because one of my stablemates gave me a route that quite frankly seemed daft to me :confused: . When I told him the route I normally take, he told me it was much further than his, and woe betide me if the office saw me taking it on the tracking system. FWIW, I’d go A63, M62, A1, M25, M23, etc. My chum said to go A63, M62 then M1 to Northampton, then A34 to the M40 (to miss out the roadworks around Luton) and M40 to the 25, which seems a lot of a**ing about to me. I can’t decide if it was a wind-up or if he was genuinely serious?? I also ckecked and my way is literally a few mile longer :unamused:

Thankly-dankly.

Theres an airport in both places, Robin hood at Doncaster has flights to Brighton. :smiley:

Are you telling us you want to come out? :laughing:

You can tell I’m bored today, put the route into auto route Assuming your using the m18 between M62 and M1/A1

The A1 route is 282miles
Straight down the M1 to the M25 is 281 miles
The M1 A34 M40 route is 296 miles

Personally I’d go either A1 or straight down M1 depending on traffic reports and time of day.

If your not using the M18, then why not, you’ll cut a good chunk of the route out.

Henrys cat:
If your not using the M18, then why not, you’ll cut a good chunk of the route out.

Completely forgot about the M18 :unamused: . In mitigation, I was disloading in Brighton when I posted so I was probably having a homosexual moment :blush: :grimacing:

I would go straight down m1 and round the 25. But I’m failing to see how the A34 comes into this :confused: You mean the A43 between m1 and m40■■?

Dose your company have set rout to places?. If not i would go the a63 m62 a1 a11 m11 m25 m23 or a63 m62 a2 m25 m23 i hope this helps.

sorry to hijack your thread op, but i been having a similar discussion with another driver at work, but about driving from Goole to swindon, i have been going, M18, M1, A42, M42, M5, junc11a, A417 and A419 to new B&Q RDC just next to the honda factory.

fella at work is saying to go down the m42 but turn down m40 and go down the a429 to pick up the a 419 at cirencester

is the a429 dual carriageway■■?

i am goin to swindon again tomorrow so might give it a go if anyone says its a better way

A429 is bleedin hardwork,dual carridgeway, its hardly single carridgeway, for a start you have to go through Stow. if its a market day it seems like every pensioners outing is there with the assosiated amount of coaches, there is also a hill that makes birdlip look flat,and you cannot take a run at it cause theres a sharp bend at the bottom. Milage wise it may be less but,fuel/time and aggro wise its definately worse.

selby newcomer:
sorry to hijack your thread op, but i been having a similar discussion with another driver at work, but about driving from Goole to swindon, i have been going, M18, M1, A42, M42, M5, junc11a, A417 and A419 to new B&Q RDC just next to the honda factory.

fella at work is saying to go down the m42 but turn down m40 and go down the a429 to pick up the a 419 at cirencester

i am goin to swindon again tomorrow so might give it a go if anyone says its a better way

stick with the way your going,my brother works at the B&Q depot in swindon & that’s the route he uses when he’s going to the redhouse depot at doncaster,it’s the easiest/fastest he says

dowahdiddyman:
A429 is bleedin hardwork,dual carridgeway, its hardly single carridgeway, for a start you have to go through Stow. if its a market day it seems like every pensioners outing is there with the assosiated amount of coaches, there is also a hill that makes birdlip look flat,and you cannot take a run at it cause theres a sharp bend at the bottom. Milage wise it may be less but,fuel/time and aggro wise its definately worse.

thanks dowahdiddyman, thanks for the info, will stick to the way i have been going judging by your info.

a hill that makes birdlip look flat■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , i am struggling up birdlip at 20mph max

jrl driver:

selby newcomer:

stick with the way your going,my brother works at the B&Q depot in swindon & that’s the route he uses when he’s going to the redhouse depot at doncaster,it’s the easiest/fastest he says

certainly will, makes sense after the description of the a429, thanks for the info

uh insulting the Fosse Way like that many a centurion will be turning in his grave
Fosse is ok just take it steady
after the first twenty / thirty times you’ll get used to the hills and bends
and though not fast you wont loose time not knowing the road

The market is in Moreton in Marsh the steep hillis at Fosse Bridge nice pub at bottom
2 trucks will fit on the bridge but best not to do it

and the A515 is

Have been doing that run for years, I lived near Brighton and had family near Hull so it was a regular route. My favourite was always A63, M62, M18, A1, A14, M11, M25 via Dartford, M23, A23.

oldsid:
Theres an airport in both places, Robin hood at Doncaster has flights to Brighton. :smiley:

Flights to Brighton, really? :unamused:

Martin:

oldsid:

europe-airports.com/uk-and-i … p?code=ESH :smiley:

oldsid:

Martin:

oldsid:

europe-airports.com/uk-and-i … p?code=ESH :smiley:

:laughing: OK for Cessna’s the like, but I’m sure no passenger flights from Donny arrive at Shoreham…

threewheelsonmywagon:

Henrys cat:

Completely forgot about the M18 :unamused: . In mitigation, I was disloading in Brighton when I posted so I was probably having a homosexual moment :blush: :grimacing:

Disloading■■? is that the same as unloading/tipping or have I gotten too old for this youngspeak