Which route would you do?

Collected in North London today and was told to head to Wakefield area. Took M1 and was about level with Luton junction got a call telling me to divert to Lincoln area. What route would you have taken from that point. (ignore the A1 close of today 12/2/13)

Would of told them to eff off…Lincoln then to Wakefield!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No the load wasnt going to get to Wakefield in time so Lincoln was its place for the night. The route I chose was bitched at. I am just curious to see if I was in the minority or majority

I would stay on the M1 until J21A and then picked up the A46.

Northampton A45/A605 to A1 then off at Newark A46 to Lincoln, easy

I would of gone up the M1 to Leicester not sure of the jnt number it’s the one after the servs then straight up the 46 all the way to Newark then onto Lincoln.

Thetaff2:
I would of gone up the M1 to Leicester not sure of the jnt number it’s the one after the servs then straight up the 46 all the way to Newark then onto Lincoln.

+1

why, what way did you go lol?

As has been said 21a then A46 or alternatively J13 across A421 to black cat r/about then up A1 to Newark then A46. Depending on traffic/which cafes you wanted to stop at.

the maoster:
As has been said 21a then A46 or alternatively J13 across A421 to black cat r/about then up A1 to Newark then A46. Depending on traffic/which cafes you wanted to stop at.

The A1 was shut between Grantham and Newark for most of today according to all the matrix signs,so The Bedford way would of been a world of hurt!! :wink:

Thetaff2:

the maoster:

The A1 was shut between Grantham and Newark for most of today according to all the matrix signs,so The Bedford way would of been a world of hurt!! :wink:

Yep, you’re dead right, but he did say in the op to ignore A1 closure. :wink:

M1 A46

chaversdad:
Northampton A45/A605 to A1 then off at Newark A46 to Lincoln, easy

Jct 14?

M1 A46 for me too. That A1 was a ■■■■■ yesterday. Took me 7 hrs to get from Lincoln to Tilbury. Got to Grantham and sat on the A1 for 3 hrs before they turned us round and sent us back towards Newark

Am i right in thinking that the A46 is now D/Cway from Leicester ALL way to Newark ?

Jimmy_2012:
‘… M1 until J21A and then picked up the A46…’

Ditto

A no-brainer: It’s an almost straight line and most of it do-able at legal max-chat :smiley:

The Rustler:
Am i right in thinking that the A46 is now D/Cway from Leicester ALL way to Newark ?

It is but just a pain at newark and lincoln if you hit it at the wrong time

I hold my hand up then - I am the dipstick. I prefer across to Black cat and up the A1. Had a belting headache all day and had a rest from radio - never realised A1 closure until I had committed.

I will eat humble pie.

Up to the M18, across the the A1, down A1… Sorted

Paid by the hour route :grimacing:

M1/A46 Newark