Cleckheaton to Portsmouth

How long will it take me running at 54mph?
Also should i go M1 M42 M5 or M62 M6 M42?
Just wondering what the M6 is like i.e roadworks etc.
Setting off tommorow for a drop Wednesday morning so i can leave when i want to,all depends how long it will take.
Thanks
Mark

Id be tempted to go down the 1 to the a43 and over to oxfd the a34 myself.

Same as Mal
M1-J15
A43
M40
A34
M3
M27

Exactly the way I would go, Mal!
Down the M1 pick up the A43, then the M40 and straight down the A34 and then the M27 … you will need a break though, Mark. About 5 hour drive

I’ve done Doncaster to Portsmouth quite a few times and always found that the best way to go.

It’s the most direct route and is either motorway or dual carriageway for most of the way.

Nice roads as well now aint they lads. I was thinking about 5+1/2 as well Bear!

I was just thinking Jacks Hill at towcter for a cuppa!

Yeah, that’s the way I would go. :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Depending on what time you are going, you may be interested to know that they are closing the M27 between the M3 and Fareham tonight and tomorrow night from 10pm until early morning to remove some signs, so that may change your route.

Thanks for the replies
I will go the way the way that as been suggested.
I will set off about 12.00ish then.
Thanks
Mark

Definately the best way. We always go that way to Gosport and I can do that from Teesport in 5.5hrs on a good run.

We also used to use the same route when I was running to Bradford/Leeds to Southampton or vice versa.

If the M27 is shut use the A27 (although you’ll have to check the best wt onto it on a map, my memory is failing me this morning… :blush: )…if the A43 gets blocked use the M69 to the M40.

if the M27 j4 is shut, the best way to go is this:
M3 j13 (Eastleigh)
right at the end of the slip road (Leigh Road) then right at the next lights (Xroads)
follow that to the bottom, right at the miniroundabout then left at the next one
follow that all the way to the roundabout which is M27 j5/A335

M3 j13, turn right, right again, down to the end and turn right then left. all the way to the roundabout

Mals way is the way to go.

Since I moved to Hilton, I always use M42. M40 A34 now and it saves a lot of time, although I can be on the M1 in half an hour :confused:

Same as Mal and Rikki.
I did Goole to Fareham on Wednesday and did it in 5 hours 15 mins, mind you, that was the first time without any hold-ups :slight_smile:

I was going to go this way…BUT
They had shut the M1 between J29 & J30 also me boss decided to put a drop on in Worcester!

Coffeeholic:
Yeah, that’s the way I would go. :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now, that I would like to see :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: