Which sat nav would you buy?

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am looking at buying a good sat nav, obviously a truck compatible one, does anyone currently use either a TomTom 7000 Truck or a Snooper S7000 Truckmate?

Any opinions or info on either?

Thanks in advance.

John.

I personally would buy a normal sat nav and use it in conjunction with a map or general knowledge, but I’m slightly old fashioned I suppose.

bald bloke:
I personally would buy a normal sat nav and use it in conjunction with a map or general knowledge, but I’m slightly old fashioned I suppose.

And of course a bit of common sense! :laughing:

Tomtom 7100 or tomtom truck diy :wink:

tom tom every time

I can answer that question in one word: Non.

Managed perfectly well without for the last 20 years.

I use TT 7000 Truck and apart from the odd error it is spot on. As others have said, no matter which you use - always add common sense and pair of eyes mk1.

Have a Pronav 330 Truck Satnav for sale if you interested. PM for details.

Dean

i just ordered the pronav pnn300 its cheaper than the rest and going off reviews and threads on here its bang on should have it later today will let u know how it gets on

Bought a second hand TomTom 730GO and turned it into a TomTom trucks. Any TomTom with a SD card slot will do though :wink:

bald bloke:

Yep, a cheap sat nav from Asda. Dont use maps anymore but google maps app on phone.

Google maps on a smart phone is good because you never have to update the maps but I have to watch my data allowance.
Or any TomTom running the Truck software.
Or if you want a cheap unit with a big screen, something like this running TomTom Truck. (You can PM me about the software…)

I use a tom-tom with truck software, it’s ok nothing special. I had a tom-tom 7000 truck but sent it back, for £400 it didn’t have any truckstops or cafes and you couldnt add poi’s to it. I tried the pronav p3000 it sent that back cos it wasn’t as user friendly as the tom-tom although I would like to give it another go.

BH_Haulage:
Google maps on a smart phone is good because you never have to update the maps but I have to watch my data allowance.
Or if you want a cheap unit with a big screen, something like this running TomTom Truck. (You can PM me about the software…)

PM’d :smiley:

BH_Haulage:

hi
do these units run a ver 8 truck navcore or the standard ver 6 navcore for windows

Tomtom x20/x30/x40 series with truck maps / navcore update. Same as Tomtom Truck but without the price tag

jessicas dad:
I use a tom-tom with truck software, it’s ok nothing special. I had a tom-tom 7000 truck but sent it back, for £400 it didn’t have any truckstops or cafes and you couldnt add poi’s to it. I tried the pronav p3000 it sent that back cos it wasn’t as user friendly as the tom-tom although I would like to give it another go.

you should no where the truickstops are you only go round west yorkshie area best of times

killsville:

bald bloke:

this common sense. were do you buy that from can you get it from the asda and is it any good :grimacing: :grimacing:

I like the look of the tomtom 7150 truck as it looks like you can keep a record of driving times and breaks can you get this on a sd card and run it on other devices any idea

BH_Haulage:

That’s a nice looking screen for the money but I don’t think the truck Navcore is compatible with Windows CE 6.0 Might be worth checking before anyone goes splashing out. :wink:

globby 480:

killsville:

bald bloke:

this common sense. were do you buy that from can you get it from the asda and is it any good :grimacing: :grimacing:

You only look at the whoops counter you tight git so that would be a good start. :grimacing: