truck nav

anyone know where the best place to buy a reasonable priced one and which to buy or avoid please :smiley:

Im on my 3rd PRONAV in a year. when it works, it works well, but it is prone to freeze up or just die! It does plan routes based on vehicle size etc, most times keeps me away from low bridges and weight limits, but you need to use a bit of common sense with them all!

danj:
anyone know where the best place to buy a reasonable priced one and which to buy or avoid please :smiley:

I got a TomTom go 730 with truck sd card installed on it for £170 on e-bay,just type in sat nav for trucks and you get a few come up on there.

i think alot go for the tom tom and stick the card in, i was lookng at the snooper 7" screen also has freeview but i wont commit to paying that much if its a bad buy. i dont no any 1 who has bought one so i aint gonna be the first :wink:

i have the 7" snooper s7000 its fantastic never seen me wrong yet highly recommended

cerbrious:
i have the 7" snooper s7000 its fantastic never seen me wrong yet highly recommended

iT WILL BE WARNED’ !!

never found a problem been using it for about 12 months doing between 10 and 25 drops a day never had problems with it.
like every sat nav keep your eyes open and dont rely on it too much lol
then again i am a drayman so our wagons fit anywhere and if they dont we make them :grimacing:

i use a standard tom tom , i dont think a truck one would make any difference to me , if i typed in where i wanted to go with a truck nav i’d never make a delivery :confused:

I use a TomTom 910 and to be honest, it’s getting on my nerves now. Obviously you need to use some common sense but too many times I have been following a route only to find a weight limit or low bridge. I’m spending as much time looking in my truck atlas as using the satnav now. I’m at the crossroads; get a ‘proper’ truck nav or bin the whole idea!

What I’ve also noticed is that the 910 has been choosing some crap routes lately. Example; I’m leaving Stamford to go to Leicester. 910 tells me to go Oakham - Melton - Leicester when it plain to see (on a map - and I know the area quite well anyway) that the best route is the A47, the main Peterborough to Leicester road. Example 2; Thurrock to Hinckley. The 910 tells me M25 - M1 - down the M96 from J21 - A5. Me thinks M1 J18 and the A5 all the way to Hinckley or even J20, through Magna Park and then A5!!

I’m going to update it this week, see if it gets any better and then probably leave it in the car. :unamused:

Has anyone used the TomTom Go 7000 Truck?

thanks for all the replies my wife bought me the s7000 snooper yesterday :smiley:

danj:
thanks for all the replies my wife bought me the s7000 snooper yesterday :smiley:

Be careful she is obviously up to something! :laughing: :laughing:

danj:

Wow you are spoilt…mine got me a mars bar :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,
Yeah watch out there might be a method in her madness for that. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: .Let us know how it is when your up and running,I was looking at that one before I got the tomtom. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

marcustandy:
I use a TomTom 910 and to be honest, it’s getting on my nerves now. Obviously you need to use some common sense but too many times I have been following a route only to find a weight limit or low bridge. I’m spending as much time looking in my truck atlas as using the satnav now. I’m at the crossroads; get a ‘proper’ truck nav or bin the whole idea!

What I’ve also noticed is that the 910 has been choosing some crap routes lately. Example; I’m leaving Stamford to go to Leicester. 910 tells me to go Oakham - Melton - Leicester when it plain to see (on a map - and I know the area quite well anyway) that the best route is the A47, the main Peterborough to Leicester road. Example 2; Thurrock to Hinckley. The 910 tells me M25 - M1 - down the M96 from J21 - A5. Me thinks M1 J18 and the A5 all the way to Hinckley or even J20, through Magna Park and then A5!!

I’m going to update it this week, see if it gets any better and then probably leave it in the car. :unamused:

as you know the area quite well can you tell me where the M96 is please :question:

I use the 7" Snooper too, has been working just fine for me (bought it last Nov). Happened to have it on when the M6 was closed one evening last month (not that I need to find my way home from there) TMC warning came up red and on enquiry asked me if I wanted to accept diversion (options for that too). Which I decided to try and got off the motorway early at Bedworth sensibly coming down the A45

My only critcism is the sensitivity of the touch screen, you need to be positive with it.

Jim

as for watching what the wifes upto i try not to get that close to her lol but will let you know how it goes with the snooper is it not the wife lol :smiley:. she has just bought 3 outfits and 3 pairs of shoes to go with them apparently she needs them for her holiday to egypt at the end of may and yes i am allowe to go and the kids can come too. :open_mouth:

green456:
as you know the area quite well can you tell me where the M96 is please :question:

I’ll tell you where the M96 is…and it’s not where Marcus ‘typo’ Tandy thinks it is in his
parallel universe :laughing: :laughing:

Take a look:

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source … 2Tg7XEs9IA

danj:
as for watching what the wifes upto i try not to get that close to her lol but will let you know how it goes with the snooper is it not the wife lol :smiley:. she has just bought 3 outfits and 3 pairs of shoes to go with them apparently she needs them for her holiday to egypt at the end of may and yes i am allowe to go and the kids can come too. :open_mouth:

Ive got the S2000 and its pretty good 9 times out of 10 :wink:

Okay, okay - it was a typo!! I did of course, mean to type M69. :unamused:

wow how hard is this to work out just the tv left to sort out now cant seem to get a signal and i have an external areial too the nav system is great too and start work on class 2 next week class 1 test 14th may cant wait :smiley:

marcustandy:

Not sure but one of the problems with it could be to do with using IQ routes, not sure if you have maps and navcore that support that if yes then disable this function