The sat nav debate - which of the big boys are the best?

Hi everyone,

Ive been reading though the pages and pages of advise about the different sat nav systems out there - which has provided me with some interesting reading for sure - but I decided to play it a little different and ask those of you who have experience with any of these systems to let me know which you prefer and why - also if there’s anything you would change.

I am interested in TomTom 7000 vs Snooper S7000 vs Pronav PNN300 vs older TomTom with trucking maps/software installed (a lot cheaper than other truck specific options)

All of these units are designed for truck use, the cost is on the higher side… so which is the best one on the market today between these units. Which handle POI’s the best including things like Keyfuels and truck stop POI’s. Avoiding routing by low bridges etc - has anyone had any of these units and it HAS sent you down a low bridge road or anything like that? I would be really interested in views from people who have these systems - and also for people who could compare them and let me know which they would pick and why.

Thanks - hopefully this should turn into another very interesting thread!

I GOT me from handtec a MIO,put google Map on,and everything done
i even use WIFI BT-FON

What about a laptop with Autoroute/Mappoint ?

im using the tomtom 7100 truck which has just come out this week,seems ok up to now

Currently the older tom-tom with truck maps installed will handle poi the best an is the cheeper option if you already have tom-tom that is comparable

Snooper I haven’t used but I’ve never been a fan of

Pronav I’ve just reviewed the pnn300 and it’s a great bit of kit poi can be installed on it bit it’s more fiddly than tom-tom

Garmin. Haven’t used one but there usually reliable

If there designed for truck and have uptodate mapping then they shouldn’t route you under any low bridges

Then theres copilot truck available on Pc IPhone and windows mobile unto 6.5 (windows phone 7 uses a completely different programming language and developers haven’t really taken to it yet) as with the above does what it says on the tin and has tracking built in multi stop is the easiest ive used yet and it will optimise on the device

Mapfactor Windows mobile and Pc have yet used the latest version which in v10 but have used v9 extensively and it’s ok importing poi is complicated even with the supplied software and the voice is very quiet to

Hope that helps a bit

Yeah cant beat Autoroute 2010 with low bridges and weight/width limits on map… used autoroute for years on laptop. and you can use your laptop as DVD player, TV, music player, access the internet, do your time sheets, and at the end of the week pack it up and take it home in one bag !!!

i have a tt720 with truck maps added which as never let me down but if it ever breaks down i think ill invest in the snooper. i’ve fallen out with tomtom since learning you are able to add and ex-change poi files on the new models.