Which is better, Sky or Virgin?

Thinking of changing over to Virgin, scrapping Sky Movies, which is crap, and singing up for Netflix.

Anyone have an opinion on which is better??

I’m not in a virgin area so don’t know first hand. From why friends have said, Virgin are ok until you have a problem. Apparently the customer service is diabolical.

Freesat !

Sod paying any extra for the same stuff, not interested in football (only motorsports, I might have to start paying next year :cry: ) & like you say, the films are crap.

I stopped bothering with Virgin when Murdoch & Branson had their little Tiff a few years ago, half way through ‘24’ & we missed the end of the series, because Virgin dropped Sky 1 :imp:

I’m with virgin & have been for years. Almost left last year when the lost espn America, I watch the baseball & American football, but stayed when they struck a deal with BT sport which you get for nothing extra. never had a problem with the customer service, any problems, there’s not been many, have been dealt with very well. Not interested in football & don’t watch enough films to bother with sky.

I’m with sky have all the channels broadband and phone with them. Do what I do phone them every few months and tell them your leaving and going to virgin. There services are much more enjoyable when you get it cheaper after they pretty much bend over and beg you to stay. I started of at about £100 a month for everything and then they tried charging me for a hd box and £10 a month ish on top for hd channels. I got the box and install free and knock down price of £90 a month all in I’m currently down to £70 and will be moving hopefully next Friday so ill ring again and tell them I’m leaving I’m sure I can scrape another tenner a month of them :slight_smile:.

Assuming we are talking about tv the Sky is better.

Virgins have to be better because as long as you’re gentle you can train them that all your favourite fetishes are perfectly normal and she should enjoy them all :slight_smile:

Virgins have to be better because as long as you’re gentle you can train them that all your favourite fetishes are perfectly normal and she should enjoy them all :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Spoken like a true Wurzel :laughing: :grimacing:

Karl86:
I’m with sky have all the channels broadband and phone with them. Do what I do phone them every few months and tell them your leaving and going to virgin. There services are much more enjoyable when you get it cheaper after they pretty much bend over and beg you to stay. I started of at about £100 a month for everything and then they tried charging me for a hd box and £10 a month ish on top for hd channels. I got the box and install free and knock down price of £90 a month all in I’m currently down to £70 and will be moving hopefully next Friday so ill ring again and tell them I’m leaving I’m sure I can scrape another tenner a month of them :slight_smile:.

£70 a month for that ■■■■? You want your bumps felt! And no doubt you’re one of those who ■■■■■ about the licence fee…

My sky bill is about 80 a month.

All the channels
Broadband
Multiroom
Phone inc line rental and ALL calls

When you consider that’s a saving on BT of near 40 quid a month and BT was just the phone and broadband

i preffer sky although w have tivo it can record more things at once than sky and the apps are you can get on it are very good

Got the max package from virgin including mobiles for us both all for around £80 pcm

DrivingMissDaisy:

Karl86:

£70 a month for that [zb]? You want your bumps felt! And no doubt you’re one of those who ■■■■■ about the licence fee…

No not at all, my reasoning is me and the mrs rarely go out I don’t ■■■■ my money up the walls and don’t gamble im s saver so it’s my form of entertainement. I’d spend alot more going out every weekend so I think the cost is justified.

Not sure what the reception etc is like from SKY but VIRGIN is always great in my area - are both cabled in?

I’ve got freesat with HDMI from laptop to telly so all catchup/Netflix/EE films etc. Netflix £6 per month - everything else free. Also freeview on telly and freesat recorder. What more can I want?

Virgin cable broadband is great when it works. The customer service ■■■■■ though. Our broadband has been off for 6 days so far. Everyday I call them and they book a technician to visit in a couple of days time so my other half arranges to be in. They then text me at work cancelling the visit as they found a network fault and our broadband is now fixed. Needless to say It still was offline. Repeat every day for 6 days.

I’m using Sky adsl broadband to write this as it works fine but is slow compared to Virgin, but better than no connection which is what Virgin have supplied for the last 6 days.

Sky unlimited broadband is only £7.50 per month compared to £28.65 for Virgin’s offering.

I have Sky TV and landline which I’m happy with.
I do think some of the ladies in the Sky 900 to 950 channel area are slightly over dressed though and I suspect there aren’t many virgins among them. Should I complain to Sky?
Do Virgin have any virgins?

Virgin seem to be prompt with faults when in a city but the less the density the less the service

All faults with my virgin service repaired PDQ

Big Jon’s dad:
do think some of the ladies in the Sky 900 to 950 channel area are slightly over dressed though and I suspect there aren’t many virgins among them. Should I complain to Sky?
Do Virgin have any virgins?

Some of them are God awful and you have to wonder who the hell employs them! :laughing:

Pity about Virgin Internet, was thinking about switching.

Been with Virgin for 12 years now. Tried once to switch to sky, biggest bunch of jokers ever.

Regarding breakdown of service. I can count on one hand the breakdowns I’ve had in 12 years. Always prompt to deal with issues, will always refund or compensate you.

Every year I threaten to leave and every year I get a good deal. Currently on the biggest tv package, telephone, 3 tivo boxes, cant remember what broadband but somewhere up round 30meg. All sports and all movies and I pay £68 a month.

Virgin broadband is not working again this afternoon. It did work from late yesterday until about 10.00 AM today. This has now been the 8th day without service. I called to cancel my contract and was promised the fault would be fixed by 10.00 AM tomorrow. I think I have heard that tale before. Anyway, they have offered to reduce my price if I stay with them. I currently pay £28.65 for a 20Meg connection. If I sign up for another 12 months, I can get the same level for £20.00 per month or I can have 30megs for £21.00 per month and get a new hub for free. I can cancel within 7 days of installation if the service doesn’t come back to life as they have promised it will. Hmm, says I. How much is a 30Meg connection normally?
£25.00 says the customer service guy. So Virgin have been charging me £3.65 more for a worse connection than they offer new customers. I think I may have been screwed by a Virgin. I told them I’ll try the 30meg service but to expect a cancellation if the network doesn’t start working properly again. The customer service guy advised me to call them every year to get the latest deal. Seems those customers that don’t call get charged a higher price and aren’t offered a reduction if they don’t ask for one.
I’ve made a note in my diary to call them next year, assuming I’m still with them.

Sky is working just fine. But slowly.