Sky v. Virgin

We’ve got Sky at the moment, the problem is when weather conditions affect the picture and your recordings. It hacks me off so I was wondering if you get the same problems with Virgin as it’s cable?

Virgin is a lot better and easier to hack too :wink:.

Can be better but you can still get bad days of signal even loss of it

Might depend on location - living in a large city as I do there is no probs with Virgin - I’ve even got a V+ box so can do the same as the Sky users.

I prefer the cable - seems to be the same difference as the one between landline phones and mobile ones - most work ok for most of the time but landlines get the edge if in a fixed location as there is not the possibility of airwave interference.

We’ve got Virgin and picture is spot on all the time.

Only problem we had was when they cut us off by accident instead of the house over the road!

killsville:
We’ve got Virgin and picture is spot on all the time.

Only problem we had was when they cut us off by accident instead of the house over the road!

We have had the odd hiccup like that but found that they are quick to remedy the problem.

Do you mean;

Sky Analogue
Sky Digital
Sky +
Sky HD

■■?

Obviously SKY HD is the ultimate and nobody can touch sky on that one, especially Virgin. If your installation has been done correctly and assuming its one of the digital options you should not have a problem even if it snows or rains.

However have you tried FreeSat HD ?

Hacking Virgin is not clever, its illegal and cost other people money, because they will just put the price up as someone who thinks its clever abuses the system! Oh and they can track you down and just a bit of useless information if your downloading pirates, they know your IP and your bandwith, so your connection speed will slow up as a penalty :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

You know very little indeed.

If you say so jammy darling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wOtEvA!

nick2008:

Proves you know F all,

I’ve had cable for years, never had loss of signal with virgin.

I’d recomend cable just for the broadband, 20 meg it’s the best in the country.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

nick2008:

Proves you know F all,

I’ve had cable for years, never had loss of signal with virgin.

I’d recomend cable just for the broadband, 20 meg it’s the best in the country.

Totally agree with you and no need for a rip off phone line from BT.

We have Virgin, having swapped over from Sky, heres a small list of why you should switch…

1. No need for a BT line
2. Broadband is a lot faster on cable as its a dedicated line
3. TV, Broadband & Phone for £30 (costs just that for Sky alone, let alone the BT line then a seperate ISP for Broadband.)

Ah I have my wires crossed.

All my tv’s are 1920 x 1080p and true.

So I only watch HD TV and sky offer the best choice im afraid.

FreeSat HD is built in on one of them but theres only 2 HD channels BBC, and ITV, but only when it informs you.

Not sure what Virgin HD have ?

jammymutt:
Virgin is a lot better and easier to hack too :wink:.

Why pay for your Channels :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :smiley: