Broadband advice

My contract with Virgin has come to an end & I can go for a cheaper option. Can anyone tell me if Talk-Talk or Plusnet are reliable or not. I loathe BT so its no go there. All opinions welcome. Virgin is stitching me up £28@month for BB & line rental & after Dickie-boyz fire its bound to go up. I have gone onto a comparison site so I know more or less whats on offer.

The reason they call it Talk Talk is because they are always calling you with sales calls and high pressure sales talk. I cancelled mine within a fortnight and still get bloody pest calls.

I am with BT, but it is bloody expensive. I went back after a silly spited nose row with Orange. I cannot wait for this contract to end to return to Orange Unlimited everything.

I have heard good things about plus-net and Post Office Broadband.

Thanks for that - I heard the rumours about T/T. I can get orange here but it looks a bit too inclusive for me .
ie; my cell phone is pay as you go ,I don’t need a contract on that.

If it all comes down to cost then it’s an easy choice. But for that low cost you get low bandwidth, poor contention ratio (shared between lots of your neighbours), and poor customer service when things do go wrong. If you not bothered about these things then I would suggest to take the cheapest option.

I regret the day I ever swapped from SKY to TalkTalk.

And just for information, you are locked into a TWO year contract with TalkTalk when you sign up.

HTH
Dean

Don’t bother with AOL as they are owned by Talk Talk.I have slow broadband with AOL and can’t get any sense out of them when I contact them.

It looks like I will be renegotiating a better deal with Virgin ,then?
Any word on Plusnet?
whats the word on Sky - B/B & line rental?

i got phone contract with orange i get free broadband with my contract in total i pay roughly £35 a month all in the actual service seems ok not had any issues and the customer services seem ok once i get to speak to someone i understand

O2 does a great job, perfect customer service, low price and as good as anybody else (cannot get anymore than 7gig in our area)
After a silly conversation with Orange (I got accused of discrimination because I couldn’t understand their bloke in India) after my modem broke 3x in a month down, I decided to go after 6 year to O2, what a refreshing approach :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
UK call centre, contract was fixed in minutes, good money off because I have my Mobile with them, they thought about that not me.
When the modem arrived after a working day, was plug and play worked immediately, no messing around, no difficult installation, no sales calls, no annoyance, and it’s still like that after 3 years.
Yes you need a BT land line, but that wasn’t a problem, all these packages with TV and broadband and the phone thrown in are more expensive than my “expensive” BT connection combined with my O2 broadband.

caledoniandream:
O2 does a great job, perfect customer service, low price and as good as anybody else (cannot get anymore than 7gig in our area)
After a silly conversation with Orange (I got accused of discrimination because I couldn’t understand their bloke in India) after my modem broke 3x in a month down, I decided to go after 6 year to O2, what a refreshing approach :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
UK call centre, contract was fixed in minutes, good money off because I have my Mobile with them, they thought about that not me.
When the modem arrived after a working day, was plug and play worked immediately, no messing around, no difficult installation, no sales calls, no annoyance, and it’s still like that after 3 years.
Yes you need a BT land line, but that wasn’t a problem, all these packages with TV and broadband and the phone thrown in are more expensive than my “expensive” BT connection combined with my O2 broadband.

i know what u mean i had a pakistan man say good morning sir my name is fred i dont think so some how

You get what you pay for. I wouldn’t go with ‘cheap’ Broadband I’m with BT and although I could get it a little cheaper I am very happy with what I get. Good speeds, up and down, and unlimited downloads, that is proper unlimited with no fair usage policy that other providers sneak in.

Mujibar was trying to get a job in India .

The Manager said, ‘Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except one. Unless you pass it, you cannot qualify for this job.’

'The manager said, ‘Make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink, and Green …’

Mujibar said, ‘The telephone goes green, green, And I pink it up, and say, Yellow, this is Mujibar.’

Mujibar now works at a call centre.

No doubt you have spoken to him …

Virgin (via fibre optic, they now have copper wire sevice) is the most reliable way to go assuming we’re talking landline and not mobile. I’m on 20mb and I realistically get an aveerage 17mb. It’s not the cheapest btw. Most other services involve BT Openreach exchanges and are always subject to throttling at peak times.

caledoniandream Re;O2- I will look into that.
Language probs I am keen to avoid. If I struggle unnerstenen 'em I hang up & redial until I get an Englisch Schpracher. The effers are so childish ,they expect you to nurse 'em

My BT was good but I was always over my limit, so I had to pay the extra, unlimited everything which costs me around £42 per month, but that is running 3 desktops and 3 laptops which are constantly connected, my actual voice calls are only about ten quid a month.

I am tempted with SKY but not all the packages

Wheel Nut:
My BT was good but I was always over my limit, so I had to pay the extra, unlimited everything which costs me around £42 per month, but that is running 3 desktops and 3 laptops which are constantly connected, my actual voice calls are only about ten quid a month.

Have you got a PC for each Forum Malc :question: :laughing: .

Dave the Renegade:

Wheel Nut:

Have you got a PC for each Forum Malc :question: :laughing: .

I need them for my other user names when its quiet on here. I can argue with myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for all the help. I was tempted by theTalk/T blurb until I got the info on here. I was paying virgin £ 27 @month for landline & unlimited BB ,they have offered the same deal for £21 so I have gone for it - the devil you know!

I signed up with Talk/Talk 3 years ago,they have never billed me.Highly recommended.

alamcculloch:
I signed up with Talk/Talk 3 years ago,they have never billed me.Highly recommended.

And now you tell me…