Where did you go on Holiday?

We had a few days in Pembrokeshire coastering before we got blown away!!!
Also had a few days with just my wife in North Norfolk in a tent that was really nice, first time in 21 years we have been away alone!

Lanzarote in April
Tenby last week, chucked it down most of it.

Whats a holiday■■?

Why would i want to go anywhere when its all on my doorstep

Lagos then West Cork and back to Lagos in october

went to sidari in corfu…

it was really bloody expensive, nice place but expensive. we went the middle 2 weeks in july and it wasnt worth the money spent. the weather wernt that great either. :imp:

Spain. And talking about long-haul lorry driving I went on a coach to Spain (don’t worry I’ve done it 6 times before. This was my 7th time and the worst). Takes around 24 hours but obviously during peak times it can be extended. The company I go with travel either from Monday or a Friday. On a Monday they leave from where I live at around 7:45 so they can be at the Spanish border around 8-9am and then Costa Brava around 10-11am. It used to be the same for the Friday but due to new laws coming in they have to leave 2 hours later = 9:45 which makes us later at the Spanish border and the traffic is heavier as it’s 2 hours later. Being it’s Summer as well, the French, German, Italians, Swiss, Czech Reublicans etc. all come to Spain to that particular area. Costa Brava just before Barcelona. It’s over 1000 mile journey approx from where I live. Also, we go through Lyon and because we leave later, it means we get to Lyon later. Around 4-5 in the morning and traffic their was horrendous. We were crawling on the E15 through Lyon for around 2 hours. Adding 2 hours to our duration meant more traffic leading on to the A7 then the A9. The Spanish tolls were crowed so traffic lead miles up the A9. So it took around 30 hours in total, including our stops.

I’ve done the 1000 mile journey around 14 times in total (that’s there and back) so I’m experienced in long-haul already. Doesn’t bother me at all. The coaches they use are the Berkhof coaches and they use the 12 litre Volvo engines with the I-Shift (I saw the I shift gearbox attached to the drivers seat plus the speedometer and rev dial is the same as the Volvo FH lorrys). Exactly the same. We fly past all the lorries. I’m not sure if coaches limited to 100kmh or 110kmh. Seems faster than 100kmh.

got back from filey nr scarborough for a week in a cararvan with my in-laws :cry: it done nothing but rain all week!!

Went to Benidorm in June with wife and kids, my sister and her family because we got told it was the best :open_mouth: , spent a fortune, yes nightlife was good for a single man/woman.Would not go back unless the lads asked me :laughing:

long break Easter in Berwick
cant remember where else but having week at mates in Bodmin in September
depends how many jobs shes got for me whether i get to sight see

KevinKevin:
The coaches they use are the Berkhof coaches and they use the 12 litre Volvo engines with the I-Shift (I saw the I shift gearbox attached to the drivers seat plus the speedometer and rev dial is the same as the Volvo FH lorrys). Exactly the same. We fly past all the lorries. I’m not sure if coaches limited to 100kmh or 110kmh. Seems faster than 100kmh.

It probably was a Volvo coach, Berkhof was who bodied the coach.

Ross Hall private hospital in Glasgow.
Cost me three grand to get my knee sorted
so no sun sea and sand this year :imp: :imp: :imp:

As you can probably guess i’m pretty ■■■■■■ off with the NHS at the moment.
24 week wait to get seen when you can hardly walk, ■■■■■■ terrible. :imp: :imp:

wspent a week visiting wife in hospital for hip op etc then spending rest of time doing washing ironing cleanng cooking etc, hollday in back at work for a rest :smiley:

i would never go back benidorm, i was there this time last year, it stank and its the only place ive met arrogant spanish at a holiday resort, defo not 4 the kids! we had smart views ov other sky scraping hotels :laughing:

Orlando. Did Disney with missus and kids. Overate like i was a local, got lobstered by the sun, and on the 2nd last day i saw this-

It was at a rally of classic cars. Now i loved the Dukes when i was 10 years old, and i was like a little boy again! Dug my phone out to take a pic and of course the bloody battery died. Grr. Ran back to the car and sat there for 15mins while it charged a bit and then went back. I asked the bloke was it used in the tv series and he said yes. The dashboard had been signed by the cast. He wouldn’t let me sit in it, which is fair enough, but i did get to touch it. Yeeehaaah. :smiley:

…anywhere wet, windy, and miserable… :slight_smile:

Puerto Banus next Sunday for 2 weeks. Can’t wait for the break, I’m bloody knackered.

jessicas dad:
went to sidari in corfu…

it was really bloody expensive, nice place but expensive. we went the middle 2 weeks in july and it wasnt worth the money spent. the weather wernt that great either. :imp:

rekon i went there for me honymoon,its got gert big rocks on the beach which the breakers just hide so you go arse over ■■■ over them :open_mouth:

i´m just on holliday by my dad in spain

Went Cornwall in July, stayed at Sennen just up from Lands End. Had a superb time. Went into the First & Last Pub in England & I can recommend the Rack Of Ribs £8.95.

A word of warning when we go to that part of Cornwall we make a B line for St Just Fish & Chips.& have done for many years BUT dont even think about it now.

After standing waiting for at least 15mins & they were not busy I took them back to the caravan & they where RUBBISH the bin enjoyed them. Its under new management.

In September we are off to Edinburgh for a long weeekend.

Gurner:
Lanzarote in April
Tenby last week, chucked it down most of it.

what was it like gurner of there in november

in a weeks time i’m of to ourgate