Whats your rate

£7.85 and only 8 hours a day is all im getting on class 1 at this time of the year in manchester with transline £45.00 per day after stopages im sure im being taken for a ride here by them… drivers i meet tell me there earning in excess of 400 + whats the picture at the moment if i dont get enough cash fast come january ill be looikg for income support

Guess depends on your area.

I’m agency again and i’m struggling to get work just now for some reason.

Signed up with a few agencies, one hasnt called me back ive called them three times.

I signed up with another agency, said they had lots of work and only managed two shifts this week.

Other agency has offered me a few shifts but cause of commitments getting my daughter not been able to do their shifts.

Problem i guess for me is i left a full time job and just back with the agencies so need time for companies to get to know me and ask for me. So i’m getting work when the other drivers aint avialable.

Pay again depends seems to be from £7-£10 for day shift. Hours again depends, did a 6 hours shift the other day, then the other night did a 13 hour shift.

I struggled last year at the run up to xmass, didnt get that much work maybe three or four days a week up until the end then got a lot. When i worked with DHL full time they used to get in loads of agency drivers on the run up to xmass, but a few years ago they tried to stop that and instead employed a lot of full time staff on three month contracts to save costs i think a lot of companies are doing this now to save on agency costs.

I got a hell of a lot more work in January/Feb last year i worked full time with agencies i guess because all the extra xmass staff had been laid off and now they were desperate for drivers because of Jan sales and stuff still big demand to get stuff shifted.

My main problem is i cant be flexable with work because i look after my daugher a lot of the time. If i got on a contract with an agency i,m sure id get 40+ hours a week.

4 years ago I was on £8.50 for first 40 hours then £12.75, been off driving since then so surprised to see what some guys are working for. Been in touch with a mate running a haulage business, he just offered me the same rate :open_mouth: (blames the cheap labour market and big hauliers doing work on the cheap).

class 2. £7.15 ph. time and a hlf after 8 :frowning:

■■■■■■00:
£7.85 and only 8 hours a day is all im getting on class 1 at this time of the year in manchester with transline £45.00 per day after stopages im sure im being taken for a ride here by them… drivers i meet tell me there earning in excess of 400 + whats the picture at the moment if i dont get enough cash fast come january ill be looikg for income support

£9.50 days, £10.50 nights.

Today I have had the shortest shift in months - 9.5hrs, but so far this week:-

Mon 13.5, Tue 13, Wed 12.5, Thu 9.5 and tomorrow will be 12hrs+.

■■■■■■, if you aint working every day at this time of year it dont bode well for the new year. Be a pest and talk to drivers in the services, truckstops, butty vans, RDC’s etc about agencies and how they are doing, work that they have, how they treat their drivers. There’s loads of work in the Manchester/Warrington area - and not at £7.85hr.

Stan

Double ££ figures for 1st 8 hours, time and a quarterish after 8 for Class 2.

Local work, no early / late starts & no nights out.

■■■■■■00:

■■■■■■, get over to Sainsburys at Stakehill Middleton. They had a big sign up, think they was offering £9or 10 PH days and £10 or £11 PH nights. Not sure if permanent or just for Christmas rush.

£8.50ph and £12.75ph after 8 hours and my days are normally between 10 and 15 hours which i enjoy.
Tom.

(blames the cheap labour market and big hauliers doing work on the cheap).

I suppose it beats blaming owner drivers for cutting the rates :smiley:

The money is crap because there are too many agencies chasing too little work. Ban agencies and things will improve.

£10/hr flat. Around here there are hardly any agencies looking for drivers - previous years every one of them have had ads in the local press on a jobs night last week I counted 2 - both just wanting drivers to sign up. I know our agency will shortly have even more spare drivers as they’ve recently lost a big contract - it doesn’t bode at all well for the post Christmas slump.

i’m on agency

did a 7.5 t job a while ago, got minimum wage, and it after 8 hours it didnt go up by much.

did a long day last week and only got £8 for class one and the over time was at the same rate.

i wouldnt be too bothered if i was working day in and day out but when it is just odd days here and there it really kills me.

i have spent alot of money getting a class 1 licence, but right now i could get more by working in the local call centre or lidl

£9.50 per hour for nights and then £14.25 per hour after 8 hours. £16 per hour on a Sunday.

£7.27 p/h & 27% shift pay = £9.24

time and a half after 8 hrs and on saturdays = £13.85

Glad i gave up lorry driving and back on my forklift. :laughing:

still get agency offering me £6.50 class 2 multi drop lol :open_mouth:

Hymix drivers get 37.50 per hour, not a bad rate

thanks for the weird al link, havent heard that for ages. sat here and laughed my ■■■ off. ta.

I GET £110 PER DAY… NO MATTER WEEK ENDS OR THROUGH THE WEEK, 4 ON 4 OFF, BUT AT THE MO DOING 5 ON 3 OFF PLUS NIGHT OUT MONEY AND PARKING PAID

With an agency, £7ph, plus a third more on OT and up to time and a half on sunday.

Only 7.5t though. Might save up for my class 2 though once I’ve cleared the credit card… :blush: :blush:

Over £500 a week , below £550 .
Nights . No more than 50 hours a week , last week I did 47 .
Salaried .

£10 p/hr with agency, but only gettin 45-50hrs a week cuz the runs are barely 8hrs…

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

cyclicscooby:
£10 p/hr with agency, but only gettin 45-50hrs a week cuz the runs are barely 8hrs…

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Yeah :frowning: IKWYM