Help regarding pay and agency

im in abit of thing with my Agency because im still confused as things arent fully explained to me when I ask again and I keep asking.

Im not getting wage slips through because apparently Virginmedia/Ntl wont accept their emails which I know is ■■■■■■■■, because they would come through as spam, not ‘repel them’ like something from lord of the rings.

Basically, I did 41 hours in one week. 6.50 an hour for the van (the company set you on vans for a few shifts then onto class 2) which I did 13hrs 15 minuets (thats taking my 45 mins off) and I get £7 an hour for Class 2 which I did 27hrs 15mins.

So in all, I got earnt £86.12 for the van, and £190.75 for class 2 which is £276.87. I got paid £222 all together, thats apparently after tax and national insurance. So im taxed/NI for £54.87. Surely thats wrong isn’t it? Ive only done 33 hours this week, so thats 33 times 7 which is £231. So how much am I going to get Taxed/NI off that then?

Also, i asked if I was a full time employee or a temporary worker; he said Im a full time worker for the agency but a temp worker at the places I go. So does that not mean im entitled to holiday pay seeing as im classed as a full time worker.

What tax code is that?

Sounds about right, I get £9ph for 37 hours through agency and I’m lucky to get £240 some times, last week I got £179, don’t even ask because I’ve given up fighting it now :unamused:

The agency will probably be taking profit margins and all sorts from you, hound them for those payslips though.

There seem to be quite a lot of underhand tactics going on with Agency Wages.

You are entitled to a wage slip which breaks down your pay and deductions. If its not coming trough email then they have to play their part and rectify this. Either printing out a hard copy or helping resolve the email issue.

You have a basic right to a hardcopy payslip, tell them they can post it to you.
If they don’t come through ask em what their tax office (code) is, so you can check up that your PAYE is going in (or say you need it for tax credits), or ask to see your entry on their P11.
Some agencies are a law unto themselves, taking deductions then not passing them on to HMRC, denying holiday pay etc, best get it checked out before HMRC send you a bill for unpaid tax or should you need to sign on there’ll be a gap in your NI contributions possibly making you ineligible for JSA, I had this problem in 1997 and it took some sorting out, especially as I didn’t have any pay slips either.

Re: Virginmedia/Ntl, they do bounce some stuff that they see as junk/malware, but generally crap goes into your webmails spam box and doesn’t get forwarded to Outlook on your pc. :bulb: Setup a Hotmail or Gmail account and see if they give the same excuses :bulb: .

They have to provide you with a Pay Slip that states your name, address, NI Number, Tax Code (or UTR ref) and show the gross wage, deductions (broken down by what they are ie tax, NI, other deductions etc) and then show your take home (Net). Plus a running total for the current tax year (YTD).

Legal requirement, if they claim they cant email it, they have to post it or you collect from their office.

If you not happy with what they pay slip shows, and how it tallies back to your timesheets, ask for an explanation (especially for any strange deductions), in writing if need be, if they refuse then go to your local tax office, explain the problem and they will help you.

Sam Millar:
… don’t even ask because I’ve given up fighting it now :unamused:

+1

nice to know at least there’s someone else in that club :neutral_face:

COOKiEEES!!:

Sam Millar:
… don’t even ask because I’ve given up fighting it now :unamused:

+1

nice to know at least there’s someone else in that club :neutral_face:

Well you 2 are idiots then.Try speaking to citizens advice bureau they should help you.

andrew1990:
So in all, I got earnt £86.12 for the van, and £190.75 for class 2 which is £276.87. I got paid £222 all together, thats apparently after tax and national insurance. So im taxed/NI for £54.87. Surely thats wrong isn’t it? Ive only done 33 hours this week, so thats 33 times 7 which is £231. So how much am I going to get Taxed/NI off that then?

Also, i asked if I was a full time employee or a temporary worker; he said Im a full time worker for the agency but a temp worker at the places I go. So does that not mean im entitled to holiday pay seeing as im classed as a full time worker.

I had a bit of this with an agency.

They are stopping 20% tax from you. This may be because you haven’t given them your P45. Effectively, you are being taxed at a ‘second job’ rate, the assumption being that you have another employer who has your P45. If you give it to them your tax should be sorted within 2 or 3 weeks (with a refund). If you don’t you will have to wait until 6th April next year to complete a tax return to get your overpayment (if any) back.

If you are a full-time worker at the agency (employed) then the law says you must get holiday pay. I think the minimum is 20 days a year.

Hope this helps,
Alan