Blooming heck

Listen to this…

Been on agency with dhl at m&s. After Xmas they had a meeting with gaffers of agency to say they need to “streamline”. This means they will be paying less than £8.50 an hour,take it or leave it. That’s artic work by the way?..

I know what id do

This might have something to do with it :
uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/marks … 53854.html

trimming the lean when the horse has bolted one might say.

Kinda ■■■■ when you consider what their own drivers get paid :confused:

merc0447:
Kinda [zb] when you consider what their own drivers get paid :confused:

Are dhl drivers on good money then?

Minger:
Been on agency with dhl at m&s.

I`m curious to know which agency you was working for, as I know that Milestone do quite a lot of agency driver supply to DHL.
Milestone raised their rates paid to drivers back in Sept when the DCPC kicked in, however milestone have reverted back to the old rates on certain contracts. Citing the agreement with DHL to increase the rates was to be reviewed at the end of the year.

nearly there:
I know what id do

Normally I`d say vote with your feet.
Unfortunately this time of the year is the start of the bleak season, so the OP may not have an option of finding work elsewhere to put bread on the table

Minger:
Listen to this…

Been on agency with dhl at m&s. After Xmas they had a meeting with gaffers of agency to say they need to “streamline”. This means they will be paying less than £8.50 an hour,take it or leave it.

Leave it then.

Your a driver so they know whatever they offer you will take it

I worked through an agency for dhl tradeteam and we were only on £95.50 a shift. The classic based on 10hrs average crap but really it’s 13hrs. That was class 1.

Worked for me though as they took me on a week after getting my class 1 and I got 3mths experience before getting a nice full time job somewhere else.

Maybe dhl are not great payers?

Seany:

merc0447:

Are dhl drivers on good money then?

around £28,000 to £30,000 at a guess[I think that’s minimum]

merc0447:

Remember Tsco staff got payrise that News brought it during Agency got cutted back.
First there were not many agency Drivers when the Rioters feighted,when Snow or high wind came off as no one took any Risky Job for that Paycut.
Now is only TRG there what i know
(Welham green i mean)

mrginge:
Maybe dhl are not great payers?

They’re not, fur coat & all that…

peirre:
Milestone raised their rates paid to drivers back in Sept when the DCPC kicked in, however milestone have reverted back to the old rates on certain contracts. Citing the agreement with DHL to increase the rates was to be reviewed at the end of the year. I`d say vote with your feet.

I voted with my feet, ms is a Zb agency & DHL supply chain are a Zb company to work for, these 2 put together is no good.

Not all MS contracts suffered the reduction in rates

trux:
This might have something to do with it :
uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/marks … 53854.html

trimming the lean when the horse has bolted one might say.

My wife said she’s doing her best but she can’t get M & S out of the ■■■■ on her own!!!

Leave it tell them you will get more stacking shelves

The agency is Reynolds,they reckon all the agencies have been told the same about reducing hourly rates throughout DHL M.&S round the country

didnt you get the bonus for working over xmas?

thetastytrucker:
Leave it tell them you will get more stacking shelves

I always have to laugh when I read that comment. People who stack shelves in shops and supermarkets at the bottom level do not get more than drivers, in fact for the most part they get just above minimum wage unless you progress to team leader/management level.

I’m not condoning haulage companies who pay wages like £8 an hour for Class 1 work, in fact its down right scandalous and luckily its not the norm for most of the country but its still pays more than working in a supermarket so people really need to stop using that comparison.

reynolds wouldnt know what other dhl sites are saying as, as far as i am aware they are a 2nd tier supplier.

if it makes you feel better primetime who run the contract have got rid of a few in the office too.

Coventry and Leicester GM depots are to close spring 2015, the axe is swinging again.

I personally think the marks and Spencer’s supply situation is far too complicated and must cost a absolute bomb. 3 companies all with their hat in the ring - norberts look after a fair few warehouses on the GM side, Dhl run quite a few warehouses and the bulk of the GM transport and have been heavily chasing the ambient contract recently. Then you have gist who look after ambient, chilled, frozen and that sprawls arms and legs all over the place.

£8.50 is a ■■■■ poor wage especially in the region where the op works just at the tip of the golden triangle. Even though it’s a doodle of a job I bet if the op does loose loading and gets a store with a 100 rails he must be pretty ■■■■■■ off at £8.50!

I’d like to know if the op’s depot was recruiting in July/August and he got overlooked because his agency wanted a sign on fee so they gave the jobs to outsiders?.