Blooming heck

tmcassett:

thetastytrucker:
Leave it tell them you will get more stacking shelves

I always have to laugh when I read that comment. People who stack shelves in shops and supermarkets at the bottom level do not get more than drivers, in fact for the most part they get just above minimum wage unless you progress to team leader/management level.

I’m not condoning haulage companies who pay wages like £8 an hour for Class 1 work, in fact its down right scandalous and luckily its not the norm for most of the country but its still pays more than working in a supermarket so people really need to stop using that comparison.

Hi same thing at dhl nwk (know how ) weve been told as its passed ‘’ PEAK’’ they are knocking the agency rates down by a quid. I seems they were worried about not being able to cover runs over christmas peak
im now rather pleased with myself for working max max before christmas at least ive got a bit extra to cushion the slow down
the rates are still higher than this time last year so thats a positive. in the meantime while i wont be Walking but i wont be making as much of an effort either
as they really do have trouble attracting and retaining ( reliable ) full time drivers they will always need people to fill in. its a 5 on 3 off shift system so your always working weekends pretty much and i belive the salery dosent reflect that (26000/28000 i think ) and with very variable start times it suits some but not others

there are other companies that i do go and work for at a higher rate and if the opperrtunity arises i will give them preferance

I left a factory job that paid 8.32 for 37.5 hours and didn’t need any qualifications

thetastytrucker:

tmcassett:

thetastytrucker:
Leave it tell them you will get more stacking shelves

I always have to laugh when I read that comment. People who stack shelves in shops and supermarkets at the bottom level do not get more than drivers, in fact for the most part they get just above minimum wage unless you progress to team leader/management level.

I’m not condoning haulage companies who pay wages like £8 an hour for Class 1 work, in fact its down right scandalous and luckily its not the norm for most of the country but its still pays more than working in a supermarket so people really need to stop using that comparison.

I’m surprised it says £6.03 because assuming the person is 21 or over the national minimum wage is £6.50 but regardless for your average shelf filler without any sort of added management or team leader responsibilities in their job description they will be on or close to the £6.50 figure, the £9.01 end of the pay scale will either be the overtime rate after 36 hours (which is what Tesco class as full time) or it will be the Saturday/Sunday/Bank Holiday rate. Technically their within their rights to advertise it that way because it is possible to earn that figure per hour but it won’t be from hour 1 at work on a week night and it almost certainly won’t be the norm for all your hours worked.

I worked for Tesco’s on the retail side for 11 years from 2000-2011 and they certainly didn’t pay anywhere close to that for shelf fillers, inflation has certainly not increased to those levels in 3 years. As far as I can see Aldi are probably the best paying supermarket for their general assistants as they start on £7.50 rising to £9.50 after you have been with them for 3 years.

Yes I and Aldi night stacker are on £11 a hour over here so I am lead to beleive

Thruxton:
Yes I and Aldi night stacker are on £11 a hour over here so I am lead to beleive

Yes and some do quite well out of it. Spoke to a lad working in one whilst delivering the milk, still there at 8am, said he was regularly doing 50 hours because they are so snowed under due to the tight staffing levels. Thats £550 a week.

Generally though, shelf stackers are earning no where near that per week, even if their hourly rate might look decent. If they were, there would be a queue for their jobs.

You got to feed the “parasites”
For every bloke who does the work you got to support a mountain of pen pushers and paper shufflers.
They are far more important than you.