Whats wrong with this picture.......?

Just called an agency in London to enquire about a job being advertised. One of the positions is in Charlton and this is the pay rate - up to 39hrs £11.25ph, 40+hrs £10.25ph. Now whats wrong with this picture, surely working overtime should be paid either the same or slightly more. I told the girl that I’d have to pass on this. I find this absolutely ridiculous, they have got to be taking the proverbial on this. The agency is called Milestoneops.
milestoneops.com/OurProgramm … fault.aspx

What was their explanation for this seemingly strange state of affairs :question:

When asked the reply I got was, ‘well they are our rates’. Thats when I told them I’m going to pass on this job.

so youre passing on a job that pays £11.25 an hour? :open_mouth:

i take it you arent struggling for work like some folk then?

i know the overtime is crap (and a bit stupid) but its still not bad pay. is it?

especially looking at your signature

I know I need Experience but how if no one will give me a Class1 job

surely they’ve just printed the rates back to front, £10.25 and £11.25 for O/T.

They haven’t printed the rates wrong and yes I’m passing an agency job that pays £11+ an hour. This is the usual ad hoc job and can’t keep me working for at least 5 days per week which is what I require. I’m not going to leave a full time job no matter how much I dislike it and work for an agency for less hours, more travel & less money(after all the expenses are deducted). BTW I’m on £11.60ish for 43 hours and work 1.0 miles from home. Even though the money is good the work is becoming way to excessive, trying to achieve the set times we are required to be ‘creative’.

well if you were here you would be offered £7.00 per hr so i would take it

but as you have said you have a decent job atm ( on you dont like it ) & within walkin distance of your home & no the agency cant garentee anything you may be better watin a little longer or work every-other wkend that way you will gain experience with out to much risk

I think the problem is with my eyes, cos I for the life of me can’t see a ■■■■’ing picture :open_mouth:

garnerlives:
I think the problem is with my eyes, cos I for the life of me can’t see a [zb]'ing picture :open_mouth:

Thank f*** for that I was just about to go to the opticans lol