Same prob as midlifetrucker

i had the same thing happen to me yesterday.went on tinterweb yesterday.an agency in manchester was looking for drivers asap perm on £24,000 pa.went down and filled in a raft of paperwork,then had the interview.this is where it gets funny…,the woman said "im sorry but those jobs have gone but we have more and the rate is £7 per hour :open_mouth: .i cut short the interview there and then and told her how on earth can u pay such poor money?,we ended up talking for half an hour how the game is screwed.she admitted that the money is nowhere enough for a man to support his family.u get more collecting trolleys at tossco.she said its the big firms not paying the rates and they go elsewhere for their drivers.they also have a company connected to them in australia in perth and she said the lads out there are taking home between £40,000 to £45,000 a year.can u imagine a lad my sons age wanting to be a driver like his dad?, car license, 7 t, cat c, then his c+e all to earn £7 an hour? then ur cpc…i know we all talk about it,but wish we could be like the french and do something about and make people take notice… rant over :angry:

Thats proper ■■■■ poor £7 an hour! i did a year on agency may '12 to may '13 and flat rate was £10 an hour. £14 saturday and £15 sundays! was gettin 5 shifts most weeks too. i suppose they need to pay more on that job delivering for tesco… maybe not as many drivers in yorkshire ?

When I started out on agency’s in 2004 on class 2 work I was on £8.50-£9.50 day work. It seems to me that agency’s have fallen in line to what firms are paying their regular drivers.
However I bet you a pound to pinch of ■■■■ that the agency will be charging the company about £15 an hour for your services :unamused:
Agency’s are just lying,robbing ■■■■■■■ at the end of the day :imp: I got the chance to see some paperwork with the terms of the contract onwhen i went to pick up my wage slip when I was doing class 2 work and the agency was charging the company £18 an hour! :confused: So they were picking up £9-£10 an hour just for sitting on their pile ridden arse and supplying a driver to a company! :unamused:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
However I bet you a pound to pinch of [zb] that the agency will be charging the company about £15 an hour for your services :unamused:

Not any more.

lefty61268:
i had the same thing happen to me yesterday.went on tinterweb yesterday.an agency in manchester was looking for drivers asap perm on £24,000 pa.went down and filled in a raft of paperwork,then had the interview.this is where it gets funny…,the woman said "im sorry but those jobs have gone but we have more and the rate is £7 per hour :open_mouth: .i cut short the interview there and then and told her how on earth can u pay such poor money?,we ended up talking for half an hour how the game is screwed.she admitted that the money is nowhere enough for a man to support his family.u get more collecting trolleys at tossco.she said its the big firms not paying the rates and they go elsewhere for their drivers.they also have a company connected to them in australia in perth and she said the lads out there are taking home between £40,000 to £45,000 a year.can u imagine a lad my sons age wanting to be a driver like his dad?, car license, 7 t, cat c, then his c+e all to earn £7 an hour? then ur cpc…i know we all talk about it,but wish we could be like the french and do something about and make people take notice… rant over :angry:

Can`t see that as a rant, lefty - more a wholly justifiable moan at the status quo.

Also, I dont see her comparison to Aus as remotely relevant though, when you consider theyre booming amidst a mining/export frenzy that looks set to continue for the foreseeable future. A glance at the Megatruckers series shows that a lot of haulage there is riding high on the back of it.

Very few (certainly not me) would disagree with SteveBarnsleytrucker, agency folk are among the most naturally gifted liars on the planet.

seems im not on my own here from ur stories,i live on the doorstep off one of the biggest ind est in western europe(trafford park) and theres not one full time job to be found anywhere :open_mouth: