Overpriced.
Expensive spares
Poor fuel economy

From Driver POV:
Bad seat design resuting in “Scania Back Syndrome”
Poor cross cab access.
Little leg room on left for driver.
Lazy range change.
“Scania Surge Syndrome” due to a common fault on the speed limiter.
Crap mirrors.
Poor fresh air circulation in cab.

SCANIA

kitkat:
SCANIA

That’s what I was going to say, only with a few more words!! :wink: :wink:

Perhaps this should be just left alone for now, or at least until Rikki has been to speak with Scania.

And just for the record, Scania are number 8 in my ‘Top Ten’ of fave trucks so there’s certainly no bias going on here!! :laughing:

i have a life…ask an easy quistion

THEYRE NOT RENAULT :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well built, all cables wires and air pipes superbly positioned and out of harms way.
9.6 mpg from a 470 bhp (excellent fuel return).
not quite king of the road but not far off.
if i was looking to buy a truck it would be amongst the top 2.

What me and chavers meant was we had missed the post, and don’t know what had gone on

ok - i realised once i came to the other post (removed) but by then it was too late.
perhaps scania would have done better coming on here before they released the r series and asking what drivers wanted in a new model of the 4 series.
they might have found out that most drivers these days like to use a laptop whilst they are out on the road, they like a tv or video/dvd player on the dashboard but not that close to your face that it sends your vision blurred, that the bunk at the front isn’t such a bad thing and that 2 outside storage lockers beats one anytime.

And that is the problem perhaps if maufacturers asked the users of there product and not the people who buy them, what they want and what is wrong with the current product then things may change, i can’t comment i have only driven a scania once and because of what is going on will save my comment’s, but in 24 years of driving i have never been asked. On here we have an ideal place but has anyone ever seen a question off a manufacturer please ask us as it is obvious you read what we write.

Mine is best

:unamused: Lost the plot since the end of the late 3 series, downhill since, well with the 4 series anyhow, not tried the r series. :confused:

ive driven 3 4series scannys a 420reddot a 380topline chipped to 480and a v8 480 topline all three i tramped in and thought they were good trucks and the 4 series in my opinion looks smart just look at some of the sites for scania on the web and if your into customising you can get no end of stuff for em.my only concern is the attitude of certain dealers and how you should feel grateful scania have let you buy one of there trucks.but if i ever go back on the road and i were able to afford my own motor i would want a 480 or 580 v8 topline 4 series :laughing: