Whats the smallest?

So whats the smallest load you have ever taken anywhere?

I had a delivery today from york to haydock and back ,and my cargo…

2 cases of Terry’s all gold :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: That’s 12 sales units.

Could have put that in the post!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Ah well it’s all money in my pocket at the end of the day.

1 pallet of beans, from alconbury to newhaven. in my old city transport days. niether wonder they went bust. incidently my reload was felixstowe for full load of beans to alconbury… hehehehehe.

Sorry guys, I can beat both of those. 2 bags of frozen chips (2kg each = 4kg in total) from Reading, Berkshire in an 18t reefer with freezer going full tilt at -28 running up to a Beefeater in NOTTINGHAM and then running back empty, 9 hour round trip for chips they could have bought at the shop next door to them. (they were McCain oven chips). That was possibly the most pointless load I have ever taken anywhere. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

From Durham Passport Office to-----

Aberdeen (1)
Chesterfield (1)
Blackpool (2)
Edinburgh (1)

Credid Card, Blyth to M. Keynes :slight_smile:

OK, so it was in a wallet that was in a jacket that had been left behind :blush: and it had to be at the hotel before 08.00 hrs for the guy to pay his bill (and mine) :smiley:

The most valuable--------------

A human heart,

Freeman Hospital, Newcastle to Edinburgh

The only drugs left in the UK to save a life------------ Sunderland to Brighton where the Consultant and Theatre Sister met me on the Hospital steps. ( they had guided me the last 2/3 miles to them via mob phone)

I don’t do Hospital work now, but I have a great deal of respect for those who deal with a RTA.

So when you see White Van Man speeding past you he might just have an urgent appointment

A curtainsider full of empty triwall plastic boxes, could have been flat packed and sent in a transit with 3 guys to assemble them.
We off loaded them by hand, a pallet at a time, they were that light.
Imagine being pulled onto a weighbridge,
loaded or unloaded driver?,
fully loaded officer,
then why are you running with your axles up?
Cos I like to have some traction in the wet.

A container full of air, picked up an open top in Kirkby, Liverpool with the top missing (new top to be fitted at the Isle of Grain when loaded) to load at Malton, Yorks, then down to the Grain.
Got to Malton ‘‘where’s yer top driver’’ :question:
me ‘‘New top to be fitted at the grain mate’’ :confused:
‘‘sorry mate, no top, no load, its bright steel’’ :unamused:
me’‘O’’ :blush:
made telephone call ‘‘zbing fussy customers :imp: , run down to the grain empty, then give us a call’’ :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

1 x Vauxhall Agila from Paisley to Edinburgh … Very Small, probably would have been easier to sit it on the passenger seat haha

1 x laptop computer, Plymouth - Southampton, 44 tonner :open_mouth:

but I have a great deal of respect for those who deal with a RTA

Having been on the end of such care at the QE in Gateshead,and then the General and RVI in Newcastle during the same accident,I totally agree 100%.

Ken.

an envelope, mossend to ediburgh,

2 computer moniters mossend to coalville on a sunday as well it hurt me taking all that money from them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Last christmas I drove from Norwich to Daventry to collect a trailer which I then dropped of at Milton Keynes before returning home.
The worst job for wasted milage however was Golden West at Hemel Hemstead, you could check & double check when a trailer was due in, you could turn up late after checking & then double checking & still have to return without the zb trailer.
I’ve also worked for a company who had a contract to store any over production at a food plant, this involved a 2 hour trip with any stored over production required at the factory, followed by a 4 hour wait & then the return trip with any over production, if there was any. This paid as a 10 hour night shift & never involved more than half a load & often no load at all.

Forgot…

Once ran from Leeds to Northampton,bobtail,for my current outfit,to collect a trailer.Got to HQ at Northampton,only to be told that there was no trailer for me.!!!

So it was bobtail back to Leeds then. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ken.

Ten loaves of Bread from Sheffield to Corby :open_mouth:

Didn’t complain though - got paid for 8 hours and did the job in 4 hours.

Following day did same run but took a full 18t load and full of empty baskets on the way back. That run took a bit longer but still less than 8 hrs.

One sack of mail in a 53’ trailer. It was a regularily scheduled run, so it woul’ve gone empty otherwise. Actually, it happens frequently that a trailer is sent empty on mail runs in the US.

Wigan to Wembley… 44ft tri axle. 1 dyson cylinder hover ( not even an upright )

emptey trailer back (but a different one from the one i took down )

Wigan to Wembley: leave trailer come back solo… they need a trailer down there.

next night: go to Wembley solo leave the unit there. they need units down there.

same unit as the night before… opening depot as a satalite depot. you plan that not spur of the moment :open_mouth:

1 3’ x 4’ sheet of cardboard. but i think some of yous have me beat

A 18.3 metre drawbar outfit , From Telford to Wackersdorf ( on the German Czech border) , with an envelope with 1 test certificate in it

same truck … from Leeds to Turin with 2 small boxes weighing a total of 100 kgs , and small enough to sit in the passenger footwell

A shoebox sized insulated container with two frozen lobsters in. Drove from Madrid to Vigo (600km) with the fridge (artic trailer) running at -26. Then they made me sit and wait 2 hours before they would accept the box in the coldstore!

did usual run delivering beer,got back to depot to be told these need delivering urgent.40 cocktail stirrers i could have fitted them in my pocket.

1 x coil of steel from dagenham to istanbul…open t.i.r. cos it had to be chained down…had to strip the tilt to off load it though…

2 x pallets beer to st petersburg via denmark…sweden…norway.

1 x tilt full of fresh air yugoslavia to italy