Whats the likely out come

if driving while awaiting for operators licence to all be sorted out .

once have started ball rolling will it give bit of leway if caught without one as they can see your procideng to obtain one not just blantly not bothering at all ■■

psv8:
if driving while awaiting for operators licence to all be sorted out .

once have started ball rolling will it give bit of leway if caught without one as they can see your procideng to obtain one not just blantly not bothering at all ■■

If you intend to operate straight away,you must obtain an interim ‘o’ licence while your full ‘o’ licence application is being processed by VOSA,if you dont pay for the interim authority on your ‘o’ licence application form at the start,then you CANNOT legally start to operate until you know that your full ‘o’ licence application has been granted…this usually takes 9 weeks to process as long as there are no problems along the way with your application…if your application for a full ‘o’ licence is rejected for any reason,then the interim authority ceases to be valid,so that would leave you without authority to operate legally,so you will have to stop trading as the interim licence isnt a guarantee that your full ‘o’ licence application will be successful.

totaly understand that but if someone got pulled and did not have o licence then whats the punishment likley to be and will they actualy take into fact that the oporator is actualy taking correct methods to afctualy obtain one .

Did you read what he said?

you must obtain an interim ‘o’ licence

So why ask WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF caught without a o’licence? Obviously you werent going about it correctly if you hadnt obtained a Interim licence whilst awaiting an answer about obtaining full O’Licence…

as said you muct do it at the start of your application form .

not to worry will find the answers elsewhere

psv8:
totaly understand that but if someone got pulled and did not have o licence then whats the punishment likley to be and will they actualy take into fact that the oporator is actualy taking correct methods to afctualy obtain one .

The consequence would surely be that your application would be rejected.

i drove for a firm that had no o’license and we ran about 12 trucks and everytime we was stopped by vosa, 8 out of 10 times they would confiscate the truck, trailer an load, we wud usually get the trailer an load back but the boss wud have to buy a new motor, he never had an o’license as he had it revoked for 1 reason or an another, the tackle was all good everythin was serviced an repaired when needed !

mark h:
i drove for a firm that had no o’license and we ran about 12 trucks and everytime we was stopped by vosa, 8 out of 10 times they would confiscate the truck, trailer an load, we wud usually get the trailer an load back but the boss wud have to buy a new motor, he never had an o’license as he had it revoked for 1 reason or an another, the tackle was all good everythin was serviced an repaired when needed !

many thanks mark thats exactly what i was after .

am presuming the drivers didnt get into trouble then ? would of thought they would as been drivers responsabilty to check tax and o licence is in place

wood fuel:

That was my initial thought too.

wood fuel:

I would agree that this is the most likely outcome.

In the event that you managed to persuade them that in spite of blatantly flouting the rules before your licence was even granted you were of suitable repute to have a licence, then you would have them on your back scrutinising every tiny detail of your operation for the first few years at least, which is surely the last thing you want?

Paul

point proven , just anoying to say the least atm

let me see if i understand what you are really thinking here…

you have applied for your ‘O’ Licence, but don’t really want to wait for it to be granted, you are expecting it to be granted as a formality, so, you are possibly considering running a truck without it until it arrives and you want to know what the consequences would be if caught?

if i have got it right, tell you what, DO IT :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

then WHEN, NOT IF, you get caught, you can tell us exactly what will happen :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

it will also have the other more desireable side effect, one more dubious haulier out of the way :unamused:

well its getting boring for them to sort it out :laughing: i was just asking what the out come would be and i have got my answer of mark rather than a rant .

i could do plenty of worse stuff and go run on someone elses but choose not to .

lets face it the chances of getting pulled with a motor with tesco livery or such like is slim :laughing:

having a o licence achives very little imo its in the oporator of the trucks best intrest to keep in all upto scratch otherwise more hassle than its worth .

but got to play by the rules .

and if you was to find anyone stupid enough to let you run on their ‘O’ Licence, if you got caught, not only would you be in trouble, so would they and may even have their licence revoked.

not adviseable.

how long is it now since you applied?

have the necessary waiting days elapsed for the advert in the paper to receive objections?

i was advised against applying for an interim licence by VOSA themselves, as they said that the original application would only take about a week longer.

if you think that you have waited too long, try calling them or a progress update, they don’t bite :wink:

better to do that than do something totally stupid like what you was thinking of doing

psv8:

mark h:

many thanks mark thats exactly what i was after .

am presuming the drivers didnt get into trouble then ? would of thought they would as been drivers responsabilty to check tax and o licence is in place

no mate drivers just were told to empty their stuff from the cab an arrange a lift as the motor isnt going anywere

i wil admit i was 1 of the lads who had a w reg scania confiscated as i was coming down the m57 back to the yard we used to come off the junction before were they always sat but there were waitin just after the 1st junction so had to follow him, while there was 2 other of r drivers behind me which he had’nt saw, could of been 3 birds with 1 stone, am not sayin he was right in running the business as he knew the consequences of getting caught, but when i was stopped they went over the truck with a fine tooth comb and gave me a warning about a low tyre, now i thought i was getting away with and being allowed on my merry way until he noticed the o’license in the window wasnt valid :unamused: so it was a quick fone call to the fitter to come an pick me up, never seen the truck again but the trailer an load were returned, and this was a year ago maybe longer and i hav’nt heard a thing and have been stopped since.

I had to wait approx 12 weeks for mine to come though… :open_mouth:

Sorry psv8 if i didnt give you the info that you wanted,but your 1st post is a bit vague…it looks like you were asking the question along the lines of how i answered it.

Mark was right,the vehicle,trailer and load would be seized and there would be substancial fines for persons involved…dont do it…wait the few weeks until the ‘o’ licence is granted…why pay out all the money to apply for an ‘o’ licence in the first place and then scupper your chances by doing something stupid.

As Rob has said above…give them a ring and chase the application up…i was on the phone at least once a week…normally you will be assigned a case worker who you will deal with throughout your application…you will recieve a letter from them and this will have your trading name and operators licence number on it…dont assume that the application has been successful even if your ‘o’ licence number is on it…they will let you know when the licence is valid and in force…you will normally have the final fee to pay before the licence is granted.

Best allow a few extra weeks, If your spelling is as bad on your application as it is on here :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Mungo:
Best allow a few extra weeks, If your spelling is as bad on your application as it is on here :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Weather the chap can spel or not, his manners are a dam site beter than yors, you muppet.

Mungo:

[personal attack removed]

you may spell correct but then again your probaly a paper pusher in a office that has just jumped on the band wagon and thinks he can drive do yourself a favour and get back under your shell .

no wonder uk is in such state when drivers dont look after there own anymore .

psv8:

Mungo:

you may spell correct but then again your probaly a paper pusher in a office that has just jumped on the band wagon and thinks he can drive do yourself a favour and get back under your shell .

no wonder uk is in such state when drivers dont look after there own anymore .

1.This guy is trying to run his intended op BENT-To begin with-

2.I ain,t a pen pusher -Although I have been-But also have 25 yrs Class 1 under my belt

3.(personal attack removed - repton)