Still no interim, costing me dearly

Hi lads,
Wondering if there is a way around my current predicament? I am currently in the application process for (sn) o licence and the target date specified on the tangov site (operator self service) is 25th November. I sent my application along with interim application end of September. 5 weeks later and still no interim although they have cashed the cheque… problem is i am turning down work on a daily basis. I spoke to one of the girls in the office at leeds last week and she said that they can not issue interim until application has been reviewed by tc, if that is true then how come my tm’s husband got his a week after submitting his applications? :imp:
Anyway my question to you guys in the know is…A good friend of mine has his own company and equipment but only needs a restricted o licence, he needs help moving a abload on Tuesday (in other words two trucks) he only has one…so the question is, is there anyway of him adding my truck for the time being to his licence. I have turned down thousands already in the last month but don’t want to jeopardise my future.

Thanks in advance
Brett

Sorry just realised wrong forum. Could one of the mods please move to owner operators section
many thanks
Brett

As long as your truck isn’t specified on any other licence, then technically, yes. He would have to hire the truck from you, to use as his own, not invoice you for doing the work

netty201:
As long as your truck isn’t specified on any other licence, then technically, yes. He would have to hire the truck from you, to use as his own, not invoice you for doing the work

Thanks for the reply, my truck is specified on my application, I’m just worried about upsetting dvsa before my licence has even arrived, “minefield” springs to mind :angry:

Yes in theory you can just use online self service to specify your vehicles on his restricted licence then just invoice him for truck hire and then I would do a separate invoice just for labour.

Unfortunately there is no consistency in the granting of interim licences and I always say on here it can’t be relied on they do seem to only be happy to issue them often for things like existing operators moving addresses etc.

Edit to add: Thinking about it it’s a bad idea actually specifying it on his licence I would just use the month’s grace.

Own Account Driver:
Yes in theory you can just use online self service to specify your vehicles on his restricted licence then just invoice him for truck hire and then I would do a separate invoice just for labour.

Unfortunately there is no consistency in the granting of interim licences and I always say on here it can’t be relied on they do seem to only be happy to issue them often for things like existing operators moving addresses etc.

Edit to add: Thinking about it it’s a bad idea actually specifying it on his licence I would just use the month’s grace.

Thank you very much that has made it a lot clearer, i will look into this and keep you posted

SAStransportLTD:
Hi lads,
Wondering if there is a way around my current predicament? I am currently in the application process for (sn) o licence and the target date specified on the tangov site (operator self service) is 25th November. I sent my application along with interim application end of September. 5 weeks later and still no interim although they have cashed the cheque… problem is i am turning down work on a daily basis. I spoke to one of the girls in the office at leeds last week and she said that they can not issue interim until application has been reviewed by tc, if that is true then how come my tm’s husband got his a week after submitting his applications? :imp:
Anyway my question to you guys in the know is…A good friend of mine has his own company and equipment but only needs a restricted o licence, he needs help moving a abload on Tuesday (in other words two trucks) he only has one…so the question is, is there anyway of him adding my truck for the time being to his licence. I have turned down thousands already in the last month but don’t want to jeopardise my future.

Thanks in advance

I doubt this would be allowed. No doubt he would be paying you for this service so therefore “hire and reward” which would not be allowed on a restricted licence.

One way round it would be him to put the truck on his O licence and put you through the companies books as an employee until your interim comes through.

N.B I’m no lawyer so can’t advise whether this is legal or not so don’t take my word as gospel.

SAStransportLTD:
Sorry just realised wrong forum. Could one of the mods please move to owner operators section
many thanks
Brett

Done and merged it with your existing topic :slight_smile:

Rikki-UK:

SAStransportLTD:
many thanks
Brett

Done and merged it with your existing topic :slight_smile:

Thank you and Sorry about that :wink:

Own Account Driver:

There is no months grace anymore that finished along time ago
If hired one now you are meant to put it onto op licence today online

gettin-on:

Own Account Driver:

There is no months grace anymore that finished along time ago
If hired one now you are meant to put it onto op licence today online

Are you basing this on information in Lowes?

Postal GV80 is still valid as of today by the looks of it. Until disks are abolished I can’t see it happening or being enforceable.

Still showing on FTA website

fta.co.uk/policy_and_complia … _days.html