whats the law

on carrying diesal in the trailer in something 10 litre drums like the ad blue ones you get from a garage. :question: :question: :question: :question:

Fuel has to be carried/stored in an approved container.
Such as:
200 ltr Steel drum
Thick plastic can [ the halfords type,lawnmowers etc]
Traditional Jerry Can
IBC

I’d reckon an ad-blue can is far too thin.

Orange Juice is more dangerous than Ad Blue… :laughing:

Ad Blue is something like 97% water IIRC…

If it is for the car there is no problem, unless you are pulling a fridge or carrying food products :wink:

206doorman:
Fuel has to be carried/stored in an approved container.
Such as:
200 ltr Steel drum
Thick plastic can [ the halfords type,lawnmowers etc]
Traditional Jerry Can
IBC

This^^

:bulb: Approved drums and jerricans can be of smaller sizes, such as 5L or 10L etc.

206doorman:
I’d reckon an ad-blue can is far too thin.

You’re spot-on with your ‘approved container’ above, but the reason that an ad-blue can probably won’t be good enough is that ad-blue is not a dangerous good, so it doesn’t need to meet the requirement of being packaged in an approved package.

so next time paddy and his mate knock on your door for a drop of diesel “just to get me home”
make sure he has an approved container in the back of the transit

chaversdad:
so next time paddy and his mate knock on your door for a drop of diesel “just to get me home”
make sure he has an approved container in the back of the transit

Hiya…yes they will have…there approved can… the thing is the law don’t bother with them.

I think you’ll find that our layby lurking caravan dwellers are usually equipped with the latest approved technology these days.

Two IBCs in the back of the transit and a pump with a flow rate large enough to drain a tank in the time it takes you to work out the screwed up note you’ve been handed is actually a fiver and not the twenty you were promised.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically when fuelling in Belgium this week fuel €1.36, it was an unmanned garage and cars were filling there as well.

What my idea was … When I had finished filling the lorry, whack in my visa card and fill a container about 20lt put in the trailer for the car at home.

:bulb:

jessicas dad:
Basically when fuelling in Belgium this week fuel €1.36, it was an unmanned garage and cars were filling there as well.

What my idea was … When I had finished filling the lorry, whack in my visa card and fill a container about 20lt put in the trailer for the car at home.

:bulb:

Might be more of a customs question than an adr question :bulb:

I filled my car up at Sainsbury’s yesterday for 138.9 lt

Saving 40p might not be worth the hassle - more maybe :wink: :wink:

brados:

£8 per 20 ltrs i dont know what the mondeo holds plus clares focus.

thinking on £8 per week = £32 a month x 12 = £384 a year.

jessicas dad:

brados:

Or £8 pw x 52 = £416.00
It would nearly have paid for that holiday you didn’t have cos you were working all the time :smiley:

I don’t think it’s going to stay at £1.38.9 very long…

Just wait until August…

green456:

jessicas dad:

brados:

Or £8 pw x 52 = £416.00
It would nearly have paid for that holiday you didn’t have cos you were working all the time :smiley:

:grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i just seemed like a good idea.

I used to bring it back in metal jerries years back but it was half the price of UK fuel then and well worth doing. :slight_smile:

Where I worked we had an Irish subbie who bought back an IBC full every week on his trailer. He would connect a tap and a tube and frog it to the lads in the yard - I had a petrol car so no good to me, but he must ahve been making a few bob. He sold ciggys as well.