Add Blue - where to get it

Hi - need some advice on ad blue (did a search and only found one thread!).

About to aquire a newish truck that needs Ad Blue. It will be the only one, will do a low - medium mileage, and am wondering what’s the most cost effective, and practical, way to buying the stuff.

Should I get an IBC on site and have it filled (by whom■■?), or fill up the truck elsewhere (where■■?). Am based Shropshire / West Midlands

There was an article in CM about it last year but I took the precuation of throwing it away. I do remember that there was quite a variation in prices between different suppliers.

Advice appreciated.

depends how far your going
I fill up a daf 85 once a week use about 30lts
you can buy at most motorway service areas in 10lt drums ask your dealer they should beable to put you right

Thanks Nick, but we rarely use the motorway network - all local stuff. 10 litre drums sound easy enough to deal with though. How much do you pay?

IF you can store the IBC WORKOUT which is cheaper
can,s or a IBC, in the long run,I thing a IBC will be better
get the biggest AD BLUE tank allowed fitted to the truck
as this will help you in the end to save money,also the costs
of buying the ad blue on the motorway may be too high,the driver
could all ways carry a 10lt container if they are going to go that far
but you mentioned that you would only be doing short distances
so you may not need this,

Lots of difference in the price…

10L Containers on the M/way - about 90p - £1.00 per litre

On various fuel cards - about 60p per litre

From local Volvo dealer - 210L drum about 45p per litre, IBC about 35p per litre.

K

knowall:
Lots of difference in the price…

10L Containers on the M/way - about 90p - £1.00 per litre

On various fuel cards - about 60p per litre

From local Volvo dealer - 210L drum about 45p per litre, IBC about 35p per litre.

K

That’s what I was after - thanks.

Hi wood fuel,
although i have a magnum, i fill up every time at my local volvo dealer from their ibc at 35ppl, fuel cards are roughly 60ppl & 10 ltr drums can be a pound per litre at the services!! The problem with getting your own ibc is that with only one truck you probably wont use the 1000 ltrs in six months, so you wont get your 200 quid deposit back on the ibc! My advice is find a local volvo dealer, they are the cheapest.