What would you do? (Job choice)

A mixed day today as I have been offered 2 jobs today and don’t know what to do :slight_smile: - so asking for some advice from members :slight_smile:

Job 1
Distance/time: 17miles - 20 min drive
Work Type: Class 1 Tipper
Hours: 10-12 Hours a day
Wages: £250 Basic + Bonus (20% of trucks earnings for the week) - seen the wages and it comes around £440-500+ a week gross.

Job 2: (my old job I did on agency - have been offered full time with them!)
Distance/time: 40miles - 45 min drive
Work Type: Class 2 Fridge
Hours: 7-8 Hours a day - [zb] easy work!
Wages: £384 Basic for 5 days. Work load is about 6 hours drive a day - pulling off cages to store (6-9 drops a day - 7 hour days)

Now what would you and why? - I have been told that Job 1 is run by a cowboy outfit so to say and phones and rushs you all of the time to get the job done quick.

Also to note, I don’t think I will be in either job for long as I always looking for a good company. Still waiting to hear from one application and got one in the works with a member here - so more or less a stop gap placement (I need to get away from Agencies!)

If your going as stop gap then id go option 2. Option 1 the bit about 20% of trucks earning is well a bit iffy ground isnt it?

Is this bonus scheme that they have legal like (the 20% thing) as In my mind its a encouragement to speed things up about

Sorry Gov, I wasn’t doing 56mph on a single carridgeway road.

xlthunter:
Is this bonus scheme that they have legal like (the 20% thing) as In my mind its a encouragement to speed things up about

Sorry Gov, I wasn’t doing 56mph on a single carridgeway road.
[/quote

Not entierly sure, did think that was a no no nowdays but might be an urban myth! Sure someone will correct me!

Curious as to who it is though!!!]

Stay with Option 2 for a bit longer. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tezza:
Stay with Option 2 for a bit longer. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think Fridges will become useful soon :wink: :wink: :wink:

you got to do whats best for you… if its a stop gap and u dont need a high wage opt 2

but if u need money quickly then opt1

its ur choice

simple as that

even if it is legal to get earnings bonus (i’m not sure either way)
If the guy running company is a bit dodgy anyway whose to say your actually gonna get the right amount, is he going to show you all the books and rates (i doubt it !!!)

Also if work dries up so does your wage.

Some tipper work is great and well paid but if the firms dodgy tipper work is the worst.

overweight … speeding… bad maintenance (tipper get hammered a bit by very nature of work you have to keep on top of maintenance)…vosa are more likely to pull a tipper if it doesn’t look clean / tidy / etc

If its just a stop gap go with what you know.

Sorry don’t know your history.

If you are an experienced class 1 driver i’d go for best conditions and best pay, wither it be class 1 or class 2 from the sounds of it the class 2 job is better.

If your new to class 1’s then maybe worth considering option A to get experience.

Hope you havent had your licence 20 years and ive offending you :stuck_out_tongue:

no offsense :slight_smile: - Im 25 with 2 years expericen of Class 1 :slight_smile:

toowise - your correct as that what I am worried about.

And the Class 2 role well poeple need this product everyday so I am happy to do this for the time being if more and more firms keep going under

I have spoken to my old boss, I am going to take the class 2 role for the time being until something better come my way.

I’d go for the Tippers mate, :wink:
you can re-create the film Hell Drivers with the bonus scheme.

Only you know the answer.

I have been told that Job 1 is run by a cowboy outfit so to say and phones and rushs you all of the time to get the job done quick.

Whats new there ? :laughing:

Second thoughts today after Boss from Option 2 called me, he has “yet” to sack said person - could be a fortnight before he does?. So In my mind I am going to give the tipper option a shot for the week to see what its like for the time being :slight_smile: