Which job would you go for

job one
4on 4off adr gas tanker work 3nights out a week £25 a night 48 hr week 12 hrs day overtime after 48hrs basic £32500p/a will be nights out on weekends 18 days hol no bank hols worked uk some euro parking paid sounds good
2mile from home traveling
job two

4on 4off 4on 3off etc milk farm collections same hrs £23500 days if do nights £27000 would prob have to do nights more
money no bank hols could be christmas day box day 20days hol 40 mile round trip i know it looks like a no brainer but this job gets you home everday we have 4 young kids its a big diffrence in money but could manage as you do whats your views guys and girls

If it was me I’d go for the first one

thats what im thinking just the nights out put me off :frowning: :frowning:

Definately the 1st one, but the holidays sound illegal to me, sure there’s a minimum of 20 days + banks holidays? Maybe someone will correct me, might be 4 weeks rather than 20 days :question:

But, the money, the distance from home, the fact you’re not doing milk which WILL include xmas day etc, definately the 1st one.

And, it’s only 3 nights out, then you’re home for 4 days, whereas the other is 12hr days 40 miles from home, you’re gonna be worth ■■■■ by time you’ve got home anyway, might as well sleep in the truck :wink:

1st job obviously. Bank holidays will be included in the pay deal, so basically it’s tough luck if your shift falls on one.

1st job easily!! 3 nights out a week is nothing especially when the difference in basic is nearly 10k

Option number one, without a shadow of a doubt. 3 nights away really is nothing at all. If option 2 is doing shifts of 12 hours or more, by the time you’ve commuted, eaten, showered etc, what real quality family time will you have?
Surely the three nights away in option one are worth if for the extra money, and you’d still have 4 days and 5 nights at home. That would be a right cushy number. Infact if you dont want it, I’ll come back from Canada to do it myself!

Distance from work matters. I travel 75 miles each way and albeit by train most of the time to get to work but it adds a minimum of 4 hours to my day.

I wish the 2 4 on 4 of3 jobs i was lookin at,were offering that sort of money

go for the 18k, then get tax credits to top you up and spend quality time on days off with the kids, they grow up to quickly make the most of it why you can

Disco

I dont think tax credits would give me a £100 a week extra.

maybe not but it might get you a bit of Housing Benefits if you rent,

Give them a call, they might be able to worth a try mate then you will have more home time, not like you do not pay into the system.