What would you chose

What would you pick if you had the choice out of these three motors, and why would you have that particular one.
The reason i ask is because a mate of mine had this choice, he found it difficult to chose but has made his mind up which one he would prefer.
All of thses are the same spec, leather seats, fridge etc.
:sunglasses: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Just wondering cheers.

I would pick the MAN ; but to be honest i am more intrested in the
pounds shillings &pence that I recieve for the work I give than for the type of lorry,as a SUPER SHOW STYLE VEHICLE will not pay the bills at
the end of the month.if you only get a pittance for a wage,

I voted MAN from a drivers point of view although if I was paying the all bills it might be a bit different. :confused:

I voted for the MAN XXL simply because i have one and they are superb,except that the dash mounted cup holder can crush the flimsy coffee cups you get from service stations in Belgie.

Same as should be on our poll cards in an election

None of the above

north surrey haulage:
Same as should be on our poll cards in an election

__
l l
l__l None of the above

p.s that looks like a box on my pda but probably not on here,Iā€™ll edit it when I get home if not.

I agree with you NSH. I would go for a DAF SSC personally

I personally would choose the Scania but that is proberly just personal prefernce. I have always liked the Scania. The Merc does nothing for me and never has and I have had some bad experiencs with MANā€™s :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

here here for the daf super space only cos i have one for sale

I voted for the MAN, Iā€™ve never owned a Scania so canā€™t comment on them, I own a megaspace 2543 and find it to be a good truck, but the dealer support is hopeless, I drove a friends MAN to Lux a while back and it was a great vehiclee to drive. Now looking to sell the merc and buy a MAN.

Iā€™d go for the Merc Megaspace. Purley because I detest nights out and these make them bearable. Nothing else seems to:shock:. Having said that I havnā€™t driven the MAN yet, so Iā€™ll look foreward to that. Currently Iā€™m on a DAF CF (artic) and Mercedes something or other (wag & drag).

I think youā€™ll find the MAN knocks the Merc into a cocked hat for living in. The bunks are bigger/ more comfortable, the floors almost flat, and having a 4 inch step means you can put stuff in the passenger footwell without it sliding across the cab at the first rountabout.

l
l
l
l
v :stuck_out_tongue:

What, No FH?

Iā€™d try and strike a deal with the boss to the effect that Iā€™d have the cheapest provided I got to pocket half the cost difference between the cheapest and the most expensive! You canā€™t pay you mortgage with a badge!

Well as Im Scania through and through, I feel that the R Series was aleays going to get my vote, even though I havent even been in one. However, the TGA XXL is a fantastic wagon to tramp in, having had first hand experience, except the cabs interior falls to pieces if it is even looked at! The bunks are fantastic, wide, comfortable and very well placed along with under bunk storage with external access. The comfort shift is an excellent box, well placed and the floor being practicly flat is an added bonus. The Merc has never done it for me, maybe its just I had bad experiences in the past with mercs. The XF SSC is now imho a rather dated unit. Still very comfortable and powerful, but getting shabby around the edges. I was surprised the FH XL Gobstopper was on the poll, it would have been my second choice had it been there! Magnum anyoneā– ā– ? :laughing: :open_mouth: :smiley:

Kev

Cheers for the coments and taking part.
Im shocked actually i thought the scania would get the most votes, i would agree with most people though, i much prefer the MAN XXL, love the cab, think its one of the best on the market, just little things let it down.

I would of put the Volvo XL on there, but the company had already got four new shape ones, and was buying these three motors next.

Thanks for your comments much appreciated. :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

out of the 3 i would go for the merc.
but if the choice was
volvo xl
daf 95 ss cab
new magnum

then that would be a more difficult one

It wouldnā€™t be the Scania, thatā€™s for sure, unless the build quality has improved significantly.

Plenty of space in the Merc MS but gutless engines, but then thatā€™s the same with the MAN XXL too.

Donā€™t know really. :confused:

Is it not possible to make a truck with DAF SS cab, Scania V8 engine, Merc brakes and Volvo exhaust brake :question: :confused: . Iā€™d definitely have one of those please. :slight_smile:

Iā€™d have the MAN, but WITHOUT the auto 'box! That thing is a pain in the whatever to use in low speed manuevers. Talk about snatching!!! :open_mouth: Sheesh! And as for trying to reverse slowly :angry: ā€¦ FORGET IT! :imp: Get the comfort shift instead, itā€™s easier to use at low speeds, and if youā€™ve used a ā€œTwin-Splitā€ before, youā€™ll have no troubles, others will take a tad longer, but itā€™s still a honey of a 'box.

It can have my babies if it wantsā€¦! :wink:

M.A.N has got loads of ā€œspaceā€ but no storage(like a Magnum), and the windscreen is twice the size it needs to be, thus taking away extra storage space,
The Merc is a well thought out cab, as is the new Scania.
I would have to have a R cab for a week, then a Mega Space for a week, but if the engines came into it, the Merc would definatly be last, so on those 2 assumptions, im embarrased to say "id pick the Scania :blush: :blush: :laughing: "

why not daf it cant be more expensive than the scania.
i drove an actros this week and its crap
i drove an axor and that was really crap
last week i drove a man and that wasā€¦ crap

so if i was paying i would have a volvo or daf so that upsets the apple cart dont it.