What would you chose

:open_mouth: MAN’s - - - Pants Pants Pants - ERF’s types too IMHO

i would go with the man

i have recently been converted from scania when we took on a couple of mans (bog standard fleet cabs) while we hit the busy period and now ask if i can have a man everyday (ooooooo matron :unamused: ).

the comfort shift really is the dogs danglies and theres plenty of room to move around,i also like the blinds on the windows instead of the blooming big flaps on the scania.

also bigger storage lockers outside for gloves and cleaning tackle but it does suffer with less storage inside

jon

i voted for the r series cos i love it lol, but a friend of mine is getting a new magnum & i was very impressed!!!

cheers
paul

was out with my gaffers 1848 mega last week yes thats the 480bhp 16ltr v8. its the first series not the mp2 but we do have one of those as well but i havent driven it ( the bloke who has it is a real ■■■■■■ we have it on wag drag and the thing just pulls and pulls and the exhaust brake is nearly as good as volvos veb unit.
if i had the choice it would have to be a gobstopper xl, but i am stuck with an iveco euroturd 380 on wag drag :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
chris

I’d go for the MAN - that comfort button is great.

Nice and comfy all round, and a quiet motor to drive too.

I’ve never driven a motor with such easy on the eye dash illumination either.

Scania, espiecially if it was a V8. :wink:

i havent driven one but i did take a driver up on his offer to have a nosey around his 1 week old scania a few weeks ago. i loved it. i hate the EPS and i wont use it for any amount of money. the MAN is the same as the ERF that i regularly drive and its nothing special. i agree about the cup holders though. i buy a coffee nation large cuppa and keep the cup. the cup holder behind the handbrake is adequate enough to hold it in place whether empty or full. i just re use the cup whenever i grab another coffee :wink:

Depends upon the work I’m doing.
But I have to say some of the best vehicles I’ve driven have been older ones.
But a MAN if the above was the only choice as I have hated every single Merc, both HGV & PSV that I have been given to drive & unless it was an older Scania thats out as I don’t like the heaps of plastic they do now.

I was thinking of going O/D at one point, but a natter with the bank and other O/D’s persuaded me not to. The hassle is way way way way too much!
But, saying that, the deals that MAN and Freuhauf were offering were very tempting. The deal for a 26.480 MAN was droolworthy. The bank poured cold water on that by looking REALLY deep into the small print.
Even so, I’d still take a MAN over Volvo, Renault or DAF.

The Globesnotter is soooooooooo dark inside, it’s like a morgue, the Magnum is even worse than the MAN in the greenhouse stakes and the DAF… I drive a DAF every day (OK OK OK it’s a 75.310, but it’s still a DAF!), and I REALLY don’t like them.

I used to have a Foden 4350 High-Top, and loved it, not the “add-on” bit, but it was a nice beastie to do nights out in. The wardrobe helped a lot!

Heliophile:
The deal for a 26.480 MAN was droolworthy. The bank poured cold water on that by looking REALLY deep into the small print.

I’m curious now!! What was in the small print?? :confused:

I have voted for the MAN.

I absolutely loathe MB Trucks from 1418 to Actros.

If Scanias are supposed to be the best truck in the World, I must have had some poor examples, from 81 to 92, to 111 / 112 / 113 / 114 141 / 142 / 143. I have had them all and never rated one of them.

Im a true DAF hugger really, but many years ago at Tipcon, I decided that the MAN was the way forward. That was a 19.361

My company have decided to go for the MAN TGA without the comfort shift, all the drivers who now have Scania 114, FH 12 and DAF SC are fighting over the new trucks :open_mouth:

Unfotunately due to the finance deal we have with Renault, we may end up with the new Magnum :confused:

malc, when you say “without comfortshift” do you mean there the auto box?

and was that you parked in the eurotunnel parking area near the shop in calais last night? :smiley:

JB:
malc, when you say “without comfortshift” do you mean there the auto box?

and was that you parked in the eurotunnel parking area near the shop in calais last night? :smiley:

Thats a No, and a No :stuck_out_tongue:

Without comfort shift is a mandraulic system, ZF 16 speed, like a Daf or Renault. Comfort shift is same box with auto clutch. Autobox is same box with auto changer. Stick with me, I will confuse you :stuck_out_tongue:

And No I was in the Stockyard, when I should have been in Snetterton for the BSB

I’d have gone somewhere where they could offer me a Volvo ! :smiley:

■■
Jo

Well. Sunday i went in said Actros Megaspace and thought it was excellent, the cab was great, with loads of storage space, and it was really comfortable.
I like the little things like the green lights for night driving, from the passenger side im able to control the interior lights, and on the top bunk im able to switch the night heater on, not very important things, but when your only a passenger it is.
Wasnt gutless, either, and sounded really nice through the stack, but im sure the Scania will sound awsome. So the Actors gets my approval. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

So after going out in the Actros, i think its a great truck, any driver driving one is very lucky.

:slight_smile: :sunglasses: :slight_smile: