What type of music people listen to

What type of music people listen to when there driver’ing?

I listen to alot of Hed Kandi albums and podcast and Judge Jules podcast and a bit of showtek and often listen to Pete Tong show via listen again as I do alot of Europe work and the radio over there isn’t all that :unamused: :unamused:

The sound of the deisel engine until I started carrying a transistor radio in the 60’s,then radio1.

Planet Rock on DAB at volume 11

I’ll listen to whatever I feel like at the time depending on several things…

What sort of mood I’m in
If I want to drive slow or fast
The type of road I’m on
The weather
etc etc

Ive got CDs of everything from Classical to Punk and most things in between
Just in the process of transfering it all to memory sticks so it takes up less room in the cab.

My favourite at the moment though is Train, brilliant driving music IMO

I make enormous playlists on my laptop of all kinds of different things that I think will go together depending on my moods and situation, for example, some of the playlists are called:- soft blues, mid blues. upbeat blues, all blues, same for rock, reggae, pop, easy,world,classic,motown, ect. then there is, soft guys, easy girls,driving rock, party dance, rock n roll animals,slinky soundtracks and the list of playlists goes on and on, I’ve got about 3000 songs and it’s amazing how many different ways you can combine them.Next , pick the playlist you want , set mp3 player to random and you have no D J waffle, all your favourite song to suit your mood and no idea what the next track will be…heaven (by talking heads perhaps)
Rich

Sometimes just tune into a random radio station and see where it takes me, but othertimes will go for specifics.

Love Foo Fighters, but get told off when I play them in the car, as I subconciously speed up, especially when Breakout or The Pretender comes on! Took the missus to see them at MK Bowl last July - best concert I’ve ever been to! :smiley:

Also like the old late 70s / early 80s stuff - particlular favourites are Squeeze (seen them umpty-ump times), The Clash, Specials etc.

To contrast, also really like a lot of female singer-songwriters - Nerina Pallot, Emily Baker, Alice Shaw, Dorie Jackson…

And finally, always in the mood to listen to Johnny Cash - banned when in the car with the family though, as they can’t stand him - they prefer the JLS type of ‘music’ :imp:

Gary

scaniason:
Sometimes just tune into a random radio station and see where it takes me, but othertimes will go for specifics.

Love Foo Fighters, but get told off when I play them in the car, as I subconciously speed up, especially when Breakout or The Pretender comes on! Took the missus to see them at MK Bowl last July - best concert I’ve ever been to! :smiley:

Also like the old late 70s / early 80s stuff - particlular favourites are Squeeze (seen them umpty-ump times), The Clash, Specials etc.

To contrast, also really like a lot of female singer-songwriters - Nerina Pallot, Emily Baker, Alice Shaw, Dorie Jackson…

And finally, always in the mood to listen to Johnny Cash - banned when in the car with the family though, as they can’t stand him - they prefer the JLS type of ‘music’ :imp:

Gary

It’s drivers choice in my car mate and there’s buses for those who disagree!

44 Tonne Ton:

scaniason:

Gary

It’s drivers choice in my car mate and there’s buses for those who disagree!

Heh - you haven’t met my missus! 20 years on and she still scares me! I didn’t realise until I met her, that apparently any long journey is far more tiring for the passenger than the driver - I did a 13 hour stint to Germany a couple of weeks ago, and it was alledgedly more wearing for her and the kids than for me. Maybe tachos should be fitted in front of the passenger seat, rather than the driver’s?

Ah well, I love her really… (even if she does have terrible musical taste!

Gary

I like all sorts of music, though these days sometimes I just can’t be bothered, but on a good day I like Runrig, Bryn fon, traditional & folk as well, north sea gas, and radio 2 , I like comedy type cd’s like blaster bates, Colin Campbell, matt mcginn, just two name a few , happy days, :slight_smile:

I would play Frank Ifield but I dont’t remember him. (he remembers me though).

richvanho:
I would play Frank Ifield but I dont’t remember him. (he remembers me though).

Boom, boom! It’s only us old timers who’ll get that… :grimacing:

bonnie lass:
I like all sorts of music, though these days sometimes I just can’t be bothered, but on a good day I like Runrig, Bryn fon, traditional & folk as well, north sea gas, and radio 2 , I like comedy type cd’s like blaster bates, Colin Campbell, matt mcginn, just two name a few , happy days, :slight_smile:

Classic!

I play a lot of Deftones ,P.O.D., Will Haven & Creed. I’m guessing most of you have never heard of these bands.

At the moment, I’m playing alot of Katy Perry & a Belgian rock band called ‘Vienna’.