What is your take home pay?

Im new to this career, with 5 years experience, is it likely I will be taking home 500-600 per week?

No :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

in your dreams

Your name says it all…

I think to earn that sorta money youd have to be hitting maximum allowed hours every week and doing 4/5nights out…i used to take home bout £450 doing this

yes. i’ve never worked for less than £500 for about 6 six years.
at the moment i take home £587 per week. that’s from about 5pm on a sunday to 3pm to 11pm on a friday.

driverofhope:
Im new to this career

driverofhope:
with 5 years experience

2 contradicting statements

driverofhope:
is it likely I will be taking home 500-600 per week?

£500-£600 per week …every week, your more likely to see

those kind of wages are, or where for the minority, or trampers putting in big hours and getting night out money too.
The average C+E driver employer by a big player, or supermarket chain will probably average £300-£400 per week. The rest (agy etc) like me, wages will probably fluctuate between £0-£600 with the lower end of the scale being the norm in the current economy

Though recently with the job Ive been on, doing 5/6 days 55+hrs, Ive been taking home 500-600 per week, driving 14/18T rigids

Actually, as a new driver (2/3 monthes), Im not taking home less than £450 a week - going to be a tad more next week as I wasnt paid for an 18.5 hour shift (dont zbing ask :imp: ) last week…

I saw at Tescos Didcot up on there UNION WALL that drivers get a salary of £27k P.A. - £520PW, works out at about £405/£410 pw after tax??

With my night out money and if I do a couple of Saturday mornings (which is my typical work pattern) I take home about £2200 a month.

driverofhope:
Im new to this career, with 5 years experience, is it likely I will be taking home 500-600 per week?

I do that but am self employed so there are some deductions. I also run my hours out most weeks which makes my hourly rate crap :unamused:

If you didnt run your hours out though you’d prob earn less than you do now.

65 hrs 4 nights out £520 take home

I take home between £550 to £700 depending on nights out and if I am weekended

I make that without too much effort. I tramp Monday through Friday.

scottishcruiser:
If you didnt run your hours out though you’d prob earn less than you do now.

Not necessarily, I earn a lot more on a 10 hour drive than a 15 hour day :smiley:

driverofhope:

I work under 45 hours a week driving a class 2 wagon i dont work in the haulage game any more to many hour for little pay i work for a furniture factory my weekly take home pay in £302.00 plus i get 3 nights out a week worth £70 pw and even if i get back in the one day i still get the nite out money. i get a monthly delivery bonus of £66.00 And i never get hasseled from the dispatcher. i have never had it so easy in all my 20 years of a class1 driver i will be here to i retire hopefully so thats another 26 years then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink: :wink:

We don’t get as much grief as you guys and we don’t have to put up with awkward RDC’s. This job is reasonably laid back compared to others I’ve done. We do an average 37 hour week and take home £390 a week, that’s after paying a fair wedge on personal pension.

63/65 Hours over 5 days take home approx 430 not including night out money or monthly bonus.

The Highway Man:
We don’t get as much grief as you guys and we don’t have to put up with awkward RDC’s. This job is reasonably laid back compared to others I’ve done. We do an average 37 hour week and take home £390 a week, that’s after paying a fair wedge on personal pension.

that’s not bad for a laid back job like yours. can you get much overtime? and can you take the car home with you?