Realistic take home pay

Just wondering what sort of take home pay people are achieving. I’m in the early stages of getting my class 1 and I’m just interested to know what sort of money people are taking home. I’m not gullible enough to believe all the “earn £800 a week” adverts on job sites. I’m a postie at the minute and take home on average £420 a week, this is with overtime though.

Depends where you are in the country, the type of work and what type of shifts eg day nights tramping etc

Day shift you should be able to match £420.

Hey also in the process of upgrading my licence… Just got the theory out the way. Would you say on average to take home £420 a week on days overtime would be needed or not?
Thanks in advance

How many hours are you doing for your £420? Read Sam’s post below he was getting £6.80 per hour

About 50 hours per week. 39hrs contracted the rest on overtime.

Depends on the work. I managed £630 before tax one week. But that was 6 days and £120 day rate. £130 for the Saturday.

Also depends on agency vs. full time. Full time benefits can add on to pay without looking like it (paid holiday, safe delivery bonus, bonus for collecting money (seen on chip shop delivery), canteen maybe).

If you get a job on salary defo look into the ours u have to do cause mine ended been 6.80 a hr so I jacked it

But you new what hrs were required for the salary so why was it a shock to find out your rate ph was 6.80 surely the take made it attractive

I asked what the hours was at the start and was ment to be 48 but then they started maxing me out every day so ended up been 69 so worked out that I was on 6.88 that’s why I chucked it if I’d of known that trust me I’d of never started no way will I drive an artic for that kind of money

Stotty:

No chance of taking home £420 per week for 50 hrs as an employed driver, unless you’re working every weekend on premium rates. £420 top line, maybe.

52 hours agency. Mon - fri days no nights out home by 6pm works out about £500 take home an thats devon so crap pay. So easily achive £420

We do 4 days so 48 hours £673 take home £521
No nights out
And other then that
Time n half for overtime £21 p/h
Double pay over xmas n new year £28p/h

Scott88:
No nights out
And other then that

That’s very much the exception rather than the rule, especially as you’re only a class 2 man and it’s all heavy handball work.

Carl Usher:

Scott88:
No nights out
And other then that

That’s very much the exception rather than the rule, especially as you’re only a class 2 man and it’s all heavy handball work.

Yea ok…very true you do work hard for your money.im not sure what the figures for class 1s are. Hopefully find out if i pass my class 1 in a couple weeks though. Fingers crossed

Scott88:

Carl Usher:

Scott88:
No nights out
And other then that

Yea ok…very true you do work hard for your money.im not sure what the figures for class 1s are. Hopefully find out if i pass my class 1 in a couple weeks though. Fingers crossed

You won’t be getting that, that is for sure!

Does anybody know what Royal Mail hourly rate is for Class 1?

£400 take home is EASILY achievable for 50 hours on class1 (days).

Carl Usher:

Stotty:

No chance of taking home £420 per week for 50 hrs as an employed driver, unless you’re working every weekend on premium rates. £420 top line, maybe.

That would depend who you’re working for. With some employers it’s easy to earn that.

Seany:

Carl Usher:

Stotty:

That would depend who you’re working for. With some employers it’s easy to earn that.

M1, M4 corridors around London, yes, perhaps, but he’s in Manchester. Who’s paying £11/hr on weekday days to full-timer non-ADR class 1 men in Manchester?

My employer in Warrington. £11.80 per hour.