Average take home pay

We hear and read lots about average wages. Purely out of interest i am interested in what we drivers are actually getting. No names/companie s are necessary just area/region. To start the ball rolling i take home about 330 for a five day week,no nights out, 1-in-5 weekends off(sat/sun/mon). I’m in gateshead

£400 home for 40 hours including two sleep outs. Night Trunk

East Midlands

My last job in the UK my take home was 450 per week, more with overtime but I was based in the south.

My weekly take home here for 5 days (mon - Fri) is $750. I don’t get overtime pay as it’s by the mile plus drop money.
This includes an insurance deduction of $97 per week, (My own choice)

£315 for 60hrs class 2 manchester :open_mouth:

not good
not happy

but its a job

i swear you lot do this just to wind Tony up

cmon fess up lol

It is actually possible to make make around 700 a week but that means weekending from an Irish company, not a route I want to go Down but I have to admit Ive thought about it.

I want the class one and just hope to see how I go, but it wont happen in the next few yrs and the tramping in the class two does pay but with an impending family baby comes first, so thats out the window!!

I dont feel worthy of the site anymore!!

Kindest regards

Kev

We are contracted for a 55 hour week, (Class 1) and we are salaried at £22k per year, (about £423 per week) plus Saturday at £140 guaranteed for up to 10 hours.Nights out if I want them,usually 1-2 on average,but I haven’t had one for 2 weeks and am not that bothered,although some of our drivers do up to 5,again coz they want to.Night out money is about £25.

But I average about 48 hours a week,with about 7 hours on a Saturday,and without nights out I can take home about £410.

Ken.

scania king kev:
It is actually possible to make make around 700 a week but that means weekending from an Irish company, not a route I want to go Down but I have to admit Ive thought about it.

I want the class one and just hope to see how I go, but it wont happen in the next few yrs and the tramping in the class two does pay but with an impending family baby comes first, so thats out the window!!

I dont feel worthy of the site anymore!!

Kindest regards

Kev

You get class 2 tramping work? Who from? I want some of that!

ah, its one of those silly threads where the numbers just keep goin up. This is reply number 8 (unless someone beats me to it) and I’m wondering what number post will boast of taking home £2500/week, plus company car and access to the company yacht!!! :slight_smile:

Past three weeks I’ve been paid a total 80 quid…

Ha! Knew someone would do that ROFL

I forgot to mention,I also have access to the company Lear jet. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Lear Jet? Pah, If we manage to get 6mpg out of our TGA’s our boss has promised us the use of Airforce 1. We’re still trying :slight_smile:

average week, in my hand… 170
adr 220

40-45hrs, therabouts.

Belfast ■■■■■. Looking forward to moving.

When I work out of the UK, I’m on trip money. Frankfurt/Swiss 300£, Milan /Turin is 420/440, Roma 500, etc… plus a tenner per drop or pickup over two. Plus a fuel bonus if over 9mpg and all paperwork correct. We generally switch trailers in Calais. You can do two or three weeks away non-stop, or even longer if you want. The old hands on the firm get the best runs, but no-one begrudges them that. It’s technically legally possible (just! with no hold-ups) to do two trips to Italy in 7 days, and it’s quite often that I did Basel and back and Milan and back in a week, which meant a gross of around 800quid.
In 2003 I worked 16 weeks and averaged 410£ take-home, that included using the running money to eat and drink from, and I generally get through 80 or 90 quid a week on grub. There’s only so many potnoodles you can eat on an economy drive. I stopped working mid-september, sent in my P45 with a special form you can get from the tax office, and got 520£ of the 800£ back that I’d paid in tax. (The ex-wife got that, of course) I spend the European winter looking after my bees and playing in my blues band in tropical Brasil, coming back to UK to start on April 1st.

£370 take-home for 54 hr week on nights, no nights out. Actually only work about 26hrs with the rest sat around in the canteen waiting for my return trailer to be loaded.

£250 on 4 days averaging 45-48 hrs
£295 on 5 days averaging 55-60 hrs
Don’t get much luxury of sitting around at DC’s - thats all work :frowning:

scainia king kev - by the tone of your recent posts it sounds like you’re coming off a couple of bad weeks, at least I hope that’s all it is. I don’t know about you but I find that although some of the posts, and maybe some of the posters, get up my nose there’s always something on here to raise a laugh and after a bad day every little helps.

Keep in mind - over successive wishy-washy, soft as brown smelly stuff governments we are in a state where it’s almost illegal to complain about the things that need to be sorted for fear of upsetting some ethnic group or other, which leaves us with few opportunities to vent our spleens. What we need is an easy target (which is still legal) and since we speak the same language and are culturally pretty much the same, the Irish tend to get it in the neck from this side of the water. Try not to take it personally and give back as good as you get.

Keep your chin up

Jules

Take home pay = DIRE…THATS WHY THERE`S A DRIVER SHORTAGE…Who wants flogging and treating like **** , then get paid mopping money… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ROLL ON MARCH 2005 THEN THEY WILL PAY… :wink:

£650 a week Gross for 54 hours paid, working nights wednesday - sunday.
I do 3 10’s during the week nights and then 12’s over the weekend.

TONY:
Take home pay = DIRE…THATS WHY THERE`S A DRIVER SHORTAGE…Who wants flogging and treating like **** , then get paid mopping money… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ROLL ON MARCH 2005 THEN THEY WILL PAY… :wink:

i knew it wouldnt be long lol

( btw no insult or offence meant tony before it starts lol )