What is the wages you would expect

What wage would you expect for driving lorries just looked at the job centre plus web site and it looks like some employers are taking the zb because of the present climate i know that they may vary in different areas but you would think that there woulb be a standard wage per hour because the bosse are still making a lot of proffit and i mean take home pay :grimacing:

around our way there is not much difference between artic and rigid pay. a well paid job down here is between 7.00 and 7.50 per hour BEFORE TAX. but there are a couple of companies that only offer 6.30 an hour, 3 nights out a week 12 pound a day night out money :open_mouth:

thats not because of the recession either they were only paying that previously

to be honest if you are starting from scratch you will find you will have to take what you can get to gain that valuble experiance. once you have done a few years then you can start being choosy.

in this present climate you are going to have to be grateful for any job.

Iā€™m on Ā£90 a day regardless of what I do, but itā€™s normally 10-11 hours.

pretty much what Iā€™m on in todays state of things a jobs a job at the mo.

seems that theres no difference in days or night rate anymore, well there is and its normally about Ā£1
Dont know what the day men are on at our place but they make it up with longer shifts and pos nights out i know nights out should not be taken into conā€™s with wages but hell it can boost your money

Weā€™re on Ā£380 take home for an average 42hour week.

mataos32:
3 nights out a week 12 pound a day night out money

I remember getting Ā£15 pound a night out back in 1986, always cash in hand too, shows how things have progressed with the years. NOT :open_mouth:

As for wages, well, theyā€™ve never been much to write home about anyway.

its Ā£8.50 p.h for rigids and Ā£9.50 for Artic, the 7.5 t get Ā£7.50 and the van driver gets Ā£6.50 . Thats been the same since started in 2007 :frowning: but whats that they say about beggars ? ) we get a bonus for not damaging the vehicle,which is Ā£100 a month.
It ok when the hours are high , we used to average 65 a week easy but not any more.

I wouldnā€™t work for less than Ā£9.00 per hour.

Come the end of this week when I find out if Iā€™m being made redundant or not, I my have to change my mind :unamused:

Im salaried, first proper job from coming out army, im paid for 48hours a week, but do about 80 on bad weeks then normally 65+ 23k a year before tax :blush:

I would expect to get Ā£100 a shift and Ā£19 a night out,this is what I was getting when I passed my test 5 years ago so would have thought you would get at least the same now.

Hmmmm, looking back through my records I see that in 2002 I was getting around Ā£14000 per annum before tax on a 6 wheeler tipper (on earnings at 27 %) but that included a lot of night work and finding a lot of my own loads plus maintaining the truck ie oil changing, brake relines and prepairing it for itā€™s annual test. My pay stayed much the same from the mid '90ā€™s until I finished in 2002. At one time we also had a safe driving bonus of around Ā£25 per annum less tax which was paid at Christmas as long as you hadnā€™t had a ā€œbumpā€.

Pete.

Three grand a month (before tax etc) salaried, regardless of hours worked plus Ā£25 pound for every night im away from my own bed!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Over here youā€™d expect to nudge home between Ć¢ā€šĀ¬700-Ć¢ā€šĀ¬900/week :smiley: ā€¦in the right job of course.

bet its not that much if your polish and work for nolans

ellies dad:
Over here youā€™d expect to nudge home between Ć¢ā€šĀ¬700-Ć¢ā€šĀ¬900/week :smiley: ā€¦in the right job of course.

Bank robery is it :laughing:

bullitt:
Three grand a month (before tax etc) salaried, regardless of hours worked plus Ā£25 pound for every night im away from my own bed!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

So that makes you a ā€˜professionalā€™ snooker player then Rick? :laughing: :laughing:

In 1993 when I first started, I earned Ā£10k. That went up to Ā£15k in 1996 and then Ā£21k by 1998 where it stayed fairly constant until 2003 when it shot up to Ā£32k then back down to Ā£21k in 2005 before going up to Ā£28500 in 2007. Sadly in 2008-09 due to a combination of recession and limited ability to work due to a recurring spinal injury, Iā€™ve only done Ā£8k this year with Ā£2k of that being earned just in October where I was actually fit enough to put a full month in which kind of gives you an idea of how much money my disability has cost me this year.

Around here though, Ā£23-Ā£26k seems to be the average.

I get Ā£587.00 per week take home.
You need around Ā£500 to Ā£600 if youā€™re on nights out.

Trucker beads:
Im salaried, first proper job from coming out army, im paid for 48hours a week, but do about 80 on bad weeks then normally 65+ 23k a year before tax :blush:

i just want to check this one to make sure iā€™ve read it right
youā€™re paid for 48 hours but a normal week is 65+ and up to 80 on bad weeks ?