What i saw today

Driving down the M11 today i saw 2 things that you would normally expect a foreign truckers to do but these where UK trucks but could not comment on the drivers nationalilty though…

1. Over took a 44 ton on M11 southbound thinking it was OTL as the road appeared clear ahead but as I went past I saw a micra was actually in front of him driven by a female. He was driving so close his truck was practically making love to the mica. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation:

I can only assume this numpty was making use of the very big slip stream this little micra was creating. If she had of breaked for anything he would have ploughed straight into her.

1. Joining a roundabout near stansted heading back towards M11 from stansted mountfitchit (sp), a truck was parked on the verge ON THE ROUNDABOUT with his curtains closed!!! Illegal/dangerous or what!!!

Apart from that everything else was normal including when the pink elephants over took me on roller skates.
:open_mouth: :astonished: :laughing: :exclamation:

If she had of breaked for anything he would have ploughed straight into her.

More likely to go over the top and squash her (DEAD) underneath :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Yeah I saw the same thing one day on the A2. Knobhead for reasons known only to himself sat on the bumper of a lassies car and she had a baby too. The poor lassie was terrified. I couldn’t work it out because all he had to do was overtake and be away? Still, it was one of those occasions when you’re glad to have a mobile and the boys in blue turned up and did the necessary!

tartanraider:
Yeah I saw the same thing one day on the A2. Knobhead for reasons known only to himself sat on the bumper of a lassies car and she had a baby too. The poor lassie was terrified. I couldn’t work it out because all he had to do was overtake and be away? Still, it was one of those occasions when you’re glad to have a mobile and the boys in blue turned up and did the necessary!

same with that one - he was only doing 50 and that car looked like it was going flat out the lady must of been terrifed- couldnt take a photo (wish i had) as phone was in my bag.

I’ve actually seen the same thing a few times on m’ways & duals and tried to entice the truck out in front of me but to no avail so I managed to get level and give the driver a blast of the horn and shown him thumb and next finger in a closing action to demonstrate what I am hooting for - usually works as they then realise that they have been spotted doing it - had the odd ‘finger’ back but the truck still backed off so, give me the ‘V’ etc if they like, but as long as safety is regained - ‘who cares’ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

maybe she slowed down for no reason, as they do several times each day.
he may have thought about going round her but thought he’d wait for you to get passed instead of holding you up.

The one on the roundabout could have broke down and thought he’d have a kip while awaiting recovery.

Well !! Well!!..its funny that whenever i`m in roadworks, with a 50 mph limit, or sometimes 1 mile before the roadworks warning of roadworks ahead, , theres always a car that slows down to 40mph, and its always a poxy micra…and yes it does make me angry, but not so stupid as to be 1 foot away…
Why do these numptys buy small cars, and still try and squeeze that extra mpg out of them by driving at ridiculous low speeds.

IMHO on a free flowing motorway a truck should never have to over take a car there should be a min speed limit for cars of at least 60 mph if they want to poodle along they should use the national roads thats my rant over :imp:

malcolmj:
IMHO on a free flowing motorway a truck should never have to over take a car there should be a min speed limit for cars of at least 60 mph if they want to poodle along they should use the national roads thats my rant over :imp:

I agree, we should have a minimum of 60mph for trucks aswell.

Tailgated through roadworks (50mph limit) of M6 near J32 s/bound 2 -3pm today. I was in the car towing trailer at 50mph (on my speedo) All I could see is this truck about 2 foot from my trailer (A trailer I spent a fortnight making!) no hope of seeing my brake lights etc.

So if your drove your Typhoo tea / Boughey curtain sider this afternoon and tailgated me … I got your reg and trailer number and a letter is in the post as of 7pm tonight to your company explaining your dangerous actions. A copy will also be sent to VOSA for records :smiley:

When I finish work, I go home in … a micra :smiley: a couple of months ago I was heading home through the 50 limit in the roadworks at the channel tunnel end of the M20. I was travelling at an indicated 50. A dutch trucker passed the vehicle behind me and swung into my lane travelling faster than me. It was obvious he was going to take the tunnel exit and was running late. He proceeded to close right up to the rear of my car and then give me a blast of airhorns.

So I backed off to 40mph and then to 35 mph using my left foot to show him (not that he could see he was that close) some brake lights. As he took the exit slip I got another blast of airhorn and some hand gestures to boot.

I have his reg number and I know the company he works for. When I go into thurrock or Clackett lane MSA’s I always look for this ‘gentleman’ When I find him I’ll ask him if he remembers the micra, and then give him something else to remember me by.

lancs123:
Tailgated through roadworks (50mph limit) of M6 near J32 s/bound 2 -3pm today. I was in the car towing trailer at 50mph (on my speedo) All I could see is this truck about 2 foot from my trailer (A trailer I spent a fortnight making!) no hope of seeing my brake lights etc.

So if your drove your Typhoo tea / Boughey curtain sider this afternoon and tailgated me … I got your reg and trailer number and a letter is in the post as of 7pm tonight to your company explaining your dangerous actions. A copy will also be sent to VOSA for records :smiley:

Good idea! I’m getting ■■■■■■ off myself with so-called professional drivers tailgating me when I’m in the car :smiling_imp: