What do listen to?

My Cd and MP3 collection has been played to the death. Radio is only Ok i the morning. i.e when Ken Bruce popmaster is finished. So I am taking to talking books. Can anybody recomend any decent ones?

I’ll be inetersted to see what gets mentioned here! Like you Col, I find ive hammered my CD’s, and I dont dig the wireless much in the afternoon either! Ive thought about talking books as well.

I would have thought that talking books would require too much concentration to drive?

I have a 4 tape talking book of Maggie Thatch’es time as PM and that sends me to sleep just after I get up :open_mouth:
Some one sent me it at a leaving do! I didnt like him very much either! :open_mouth: :smiley:

But they are some great books on digital media that you can get now for a hand held PC,s you know PDA’s(ipaq etc) they dont talk yet!! but I don’t think it will be too long before they do!

Won’t be of any interest to you old folks, but new station round Brum on 105.2 is Kerrang FM which from what I’ve heard is absolutely spot on if you like current rock(y)/metal(ly) type tunes and 80’s and 90’s thrown in too. They played the entire Primal Scream Screamodelica album t’other week which was absolutely fantastic. Hope they go country wide :slight_smile: .

Used to do radio 1 when Mark & Lard were on and Moylesy at 3pm but it’s all gone ■■■■ up now and I’m usually still sleeping when Moylesy’s on now. Can’t stand Colin & Edith show and Coxy just never has cut it with me.

If I’m in Yorks I’ll have Real Radio on as long as it’s not the sport phone-in. Umberto makes me smile with the Real dukebox of an evening.

Rest of the country is usually spent flicking about and that usually results in 103.3 round MK somewhere, 106 Century and 105.4 Century FM. If I’m really desperate I might tune to Radio 2 and listen to them rattling on about nothing on there, although there was some debate one day last week about how parents bring their kids up and some woman called Michelle with 300 kids phoned up and started causing grief which was most amusing :laughing: ; might have been John Vine show :question: . What really cheeses me off with R2 is that the traffic reports are seemingly random, sometimes at 15 past and sometimes at 25 past. Really annoying. I’ve stopped phoning up now with hot travel news. So there :astonished: .

Rob K:
Won’t be of any interest to you old folks, but new station round Brum on 105.2 is Kerrang FM which from what I’ve heard is absolutely spot on if you like current rock(y)/metal(ly) type tunes and 80’s and 90’s thrown in too. They played the entire Primal Scream Screamodelica album t’other week which was absolutely fantastic. Hope they go country wide :slight_smile: .

Used to do radio 1 when Mark & Lard were on and Moylesy at 3pm but it’s all gone ■■■■ up now and I’m usually still sleeping when Moylesy’s on now. Can’t stand Colin & Edith show and Coxy just never has cut it with me.

If I’m in Yorks I’ll have Real Radio on as long as it’s not the sport phone-in. Umberto makes me smile with the Real dukebox of an evening.

Rest of the country is usually spent flicking about and that usually results in 103.3 round MK somewhere, 106 Century and 105.4 Century FM. If I’m really desperate I might tune to Radio 2 and listen to them rattling on about nothing on there, although there was some debate one day last week about how parents bring their kids up and some woman called Michelle with 300 kids phoned up and started causing grief which was most amusing :laughing: ; might have been John Vine show :question: . What really cheeses me off with R2 is that the traffic reports are seemingly random, sometimes at 15 past and sometimes at 25 past. Really annoying. I’ve stopped phoning up now with hot travel news. So there :astonished: .

while I agree with you :open_mouth: about the Traffic news Radio 2 is the only place to be while trucking!! :open_mouth:

If you do a Saturday and Sunday it is torture because someone thinks its better to put on something different! :open_mouth: mind you that Steve wright does my head in!

Terry Wogan should get a TrucknetUK award for service to the Trucking industry because he is the reason why I dont mind a early start (7.30 is a early start for me :open_mouth: :smiley: )

Hands up who doesn’t find him very funny & entertaining?

Thecritic:

Rob K:

while I agree with you :open_mouth: about the Traffic news Radio 2 is the only place to be while trucking!! :open_mouth:

If you do a Saturday and Sunday it is torture because someone thinks its better to put on something different! :open_mouth: mind you that Steve wright does my head in!

Terry Wogan should get a TrucknetUK award for service to the Trucking industry because he is the reason why I dont mind a early start (7.30 is a early start for me :open_mouth: :smiley: )

Hands up who doesn’t find him very funny & entertaining?

Rarely working when he’s on but I like his dry sense of humour which a lot of folks miss. Very dryyyyyyyyyyyyy. 9am is an early start for me :open_mouth: never mind 7.30am :open_mouth: .

Hand up. :smiley: He has been flogging the same old format for too many years now and it’s time he gave up. He used to be good but he has gone past his sell by date now, and yes I know sell by dates are optional. :wink:

I can’t stand Radio 2. There is not one good presenter on the station in my opinion. I’ve tried listening to it, mainly after hearing praise for various shows on here, but I can’t stick it.

I must be the oldest ■■■■■■■ in Town, cos I listen quite a lot to Radio 4. :laughing:
(waits for the guffaws to die down) Anyway, on Radio 4 every afternoon they have the afternoon play and in actual fact some of them are quite good! HONESTLY!! The plays start at 2:15pm just after the Archers (optional) and finish at 3pm.
Other than that, for talking books, what sort of stories do you like? Fiction, non fiction, thrillers, crime, funny books?

Radio 1 til lunchtime, then Radio 2 after 2 o’clock. Steve Wright is great IMHO. LAte morning I tend to put a CD on as the same songs repeated for the 2nd time on Radio 1 gets a bit boring.

I heard that Kerrang Radio thing on Sunday night last week when driving through Newcastle on Metro FM. I thought they just hijacked certain stations on a Sunday night Rob? Not sure.

For those of you who are partial to a bit of rock, and have broadband/cable internet you can PM me and I will give you a password for my MP3 server where you can download a choice of over 50 complete albums or over 1000 individual tracks to add to your MP3 collection.

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Talksport 1053 - 1089. Mike Dicken at 1000 hrs or James Whale at 2200 hrs. I used to like listening to Keith Arthur talk about fishing on Saturday mornings. Thing is, I don’t like fishing but enjoyed the show anyway because he’s so enthusiastic and passionate about it !

don’tlisten to radio 1 anymore to much of that dance crap on it,century fm or real radio. the three legends on century up the north east(100.7) are funny as hell (thats the 6pm football phone in).

but i do like steve wright on radio 2 and it don’t matter what time shes on sally traffic is spot on not like local radio that keeps giving incorrect travel reports that happened 3 hours ago and as now cleared up :smiling_imp:

otherwise its cd’s like robbie williams ,feeder,stereophonics or elo :blush:

jon

Saturday & Sundays & early weekday mornings Radio 5 , then during the week at 5.30am or a bit before I turn onto Radio 2 as I hate the money programme because I aint got none.

I listen to the voices in my head :open_mouth:

simon

In my truck the radio is only switched on when BBC world service is on the air. Every radoi station here has 5 minutes music followed by 15 minutes comercials, either that or it is a country station, and “I HATE COUNTRY OR YEE-HAR MUSIC” so for most of my working day the CB is switched on and I listen to the various arguments and stupid questions from Swift drivers.

At home our TV has over 500 channels, 50 of which are music channels, including 5 VH1 channels, for 90% of the day it is tuned to VH1 Mega Hits which has no comercials and plays really great videos 24 hours a day with no interuptions. :sunglasses:

Radio 1 (Chris Moyles) - 7am to 10am :smiley: , then onto Radio 2 for the rest of the day. Sensible music, excellent traffic reports & debates.

Drowns out all the rattles, squeeks and groans from my S 'reg ERF :blush: :laughing:

Don’t go much on local stations, to many adverts, although did listen to Capital Gold (I think it was?) when near London, that was ok.

Ok i am a talking book addict. If i like whats on i listen to radio 2 or radio 4, but if its rubbish then the talking books come out. If you buy a talking book at Welcome Break services (£9.99) You can then exchange it for £2.99. Let me know where you are and i will send you hundreds. Him indoors started me on them and we have loads going back about 15 years. I personally cant live without them. It is only as distracting as the radio.

Radio 2 for me.

thanks for the kerrang tip rob. nothing better when your plodding up the road at silly oclock than having heavy rock/metal blasting your eardrums. weve got cd players in the motors at the co-op so i take a fair variety with me too, everything from the streets to jean michel jarre. i also like elo :blush: :blush: . that sounds a good offer lostpup but i`m a pc novice-how does it work? rgds jon

Dont listen to a great deal of music. :blush: :blush: Talksport for me i,m afraid :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

johnny walker for me, he has got to be the best radio presenter around, bar none…the times ive been doubled up laughing at him and sally…and a real nice gent to boot… :wink: