What do you listen to when driving?

I tend to have the likes of TalkSport on or Radio 4 depending on what kind of ‘auditory company’ I fancy.

I tend to listen to XFM if I haven’t got my music with me - which is often as I forget my iPod with frustrating regularity! Otherwise I’d have my collection of Led Zeppelin, Cream, Creedence Clearwater, Eagles, Rolling Stones…etc.

For a 28 year old, I apparently have them tastes of a 58 year old.

I’ve tended to take a few podcasts along as well when going abroad…mainly as Benelux radio seems to be really…cheesy!

What kind of stuff will you listen to?

Real Radio Wales if I can

Ipod mostly, used to be radio two but that has gone down hill of late. Because there is no ancillary socket on the MAN radio I have to use a fm transmitter. Do listen to Classic fm sometimes.

Weird Stig:
Led Zeppelin, Cream, Creedence Clearwater, Eagles, Rolling Stones…etc.

So your the git that stole my iPod! I get told I listen to “old man music” (im 25) lol I just regard it as real music.

Different every day :

BBC RADIO 2 : Alex Lester/Ken Bruce/Simon Mayo
Radio Merseyside : Various Programs
Music stored on my phone played through a FM Transmitter as I’m in different wagons and the majority don’t have AUX IN !

The station of choice at the moment is REAL XS MANCHESTER (106.1 FM within 20 miles of Manchester or the TUNE IN app !)
The breakfast show is decent (a bit too much traffic which is the same information every day) but the best show on the radio is on this station from 2pm-7pm each week day, a guy called Dewsbury (who is actually the station manager) is on, he is a total legend. The music is the best I’ve heard on any radio station. I like metal and rock, I was made up when Kerrang brought a radio station out, but the magazine I used to buy as a teenager featuring all my fave metal (proper metal) bands decided to have a radio station called Kerrang in the midlands where they play utter crap like the sterophonics and oasis. Real XS has 3 stations, another one is in Glasgow but get onto the one from Manchester. Fun to listen to.

Shame Mark & Lard aren’t together anymore in the afternoons. I used to drive miles laughing myself silly !

Get your self a pure dab radio then you can listen to a lot
more stations. Me i listen to Planet rock Smooth 70s
Absolute radio Absolute 70s Absolute 80s plus apple i pod.
If i am in Nick risby area him to.

A mix between Radio 1 and my Renault Premium’s engine.:smiley:

Podcasts, or R4 if I’m in the UK.

The voices inside my head! :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

punjabi radio. top class

2 4 Classic and local rsls.
when i have my highway installed 4 extra, world service, planet rock

My drivers mate that acts like a 15 year old! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Other than that either radio 1 radio 2 or my ipod through the aux (if im in the scania)

My Uncal Ernie shouting down the CB micrphone when you only need to talk in to it :unamused: :laughing:

Using the Tunein app connected to my truck sound system … Radio 2 or Heart FM Northants or … at 09.00 am and 14.00 radio 4 for the Archers :slight_smile:

I actually had tears running down my cheeks when that fictional Downs syndrome baby was born this week :smiley:
I have increased my available data to 6gb per month so I don’t get charged for overages.

Apart from the phone constanly ringing (mission impossible ring set to managers number) wich i rarely answer… real radio, radio clyde, or if im sick of hearing repeditive tunes…talksport , radio 2 or radio Scotland ,inbetween listening to drivers biatch on the CB…

The ■■■ on the other end of the isotrak… :slight_smile:

R2 or my audio books, R1 when I get depressed with country music overload late on the night or when a guest presenter starts to grind on me, R1 is hard work these days tho, so even resort to local radio in whatever area I am in when R2 gets un-bearable.

The way mine is set up with the sound system it automatically goes to hands free through that system so I just answer it and talk.

Heart FM as far as I can get a signal (lose at about Maidenhead) and depending on my mood either Time 1066 (local Slough station) or Kiss 100 od my Tunein app on the phone :sunglasses:

6 music during the day (apart from ALL the ads) and planet rock during the night, Alice Cooper 9 to 0100 and virtually no ads then all night to 0600 with NO ADS, oh yeah :smiley: