What do i need?

spent last week on trial with a local firm and start tomorrow full time. The job involves roping and sheeting which is why i had a weeks {paid} trial. The firms 5 minutes from my front door, the money is not to bad and they are willing to take a chance on a less experienced driver.There may be the occasional night away and i need some help with what i need to take with me. Here is what i have so far.
QUILT
LOO ROLL
KITCHEN ROLL
BABY WIPES
TOILET BAG
2/3 PAIRS GLOVES
SPARE CLOTHES
SCREWDRIVERS
HAMMER
NAILS
CAB CLEANING STUFF
WINDOW CLEANING STUFF
TAPE MEASURE
MARKER PENS
BOX OF TACHOS
BAG OF MAPS
HOURGUARD!!!
WATERPROOFS
is there anything that i have missed that i will need straight away.I think i have covered most things and anything else i can pick up as i go.
many thanks.

Pillows
Stock up at your favorite local stupormarket on drinks (esp red bull - they cost a BOMB at garages)
A pack of biros (always lose those things)
Snacks, crisps and stuff.

scooby doo:
spent last week on trial with a local firm and start tomorrow full time. The job involves roping and sheeting which is why i had a weeks {paid} trial. The firms 5 minutes from my front door, the money is not to bad and they are willing to take a chance on a less experienced driver.There may be the occasional night away and i need some help with what i need to take with me. Here is what i have so far.
QUILT
LOO ROLL
KITCHEN ROLL
BABY WIPES
TOILET BAG
2/3 PAIRS GLOVES
SPARE CLOTHES
SCREWDRIVERS
HAMMER
NAILS
CAB CLEANING STUFF
WINDOW CLEANING STUFF
TAPE MEASURE
MARKER PENS
BOX OF TACHOS
BAG OF MAPS
HOURGUARD!!!
WATERPROOFS
is there anything that i have missed that i will need straight away.I think i have covered most things and anything else i can pick up as i go.
many thanks.

CRIKEY ! !

How long is your expedition :question: :open_mouth:

Are you building your own truck or driving it :question: :laughing:

Cheers.

I was thinking the same Rob! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hope you have a BIG CAB scooby :smiley: :smiley:

Maybe that’s what the roping and sheeting is for,to cover all that kit when it rains :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dan.

Dan a.k.a Boo:
Maybe that’s what the roping and sheeting is for,to cover all that kit when it rains :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dan.

Good one :exclamation:

Cheers.

you forgot the other truck to carry it all in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You have forgotten:
POSH LIST
Telly
DVD player

CHEAP LIST
Books

Oh and don’t throw away your empty 1.5ltr mineral water bottles, its a real pain having to get dressed in the middle of the night and get out in the rain, know what I mean?!

I’m still trying to work out what he needs the hammer & nails and tape measure for :exclamation:

Don’t forget your Work-Mate, couple of bits of 3 x 2, plane, 1200 grade sand-paper and Black & Decker electric drill as well

Cheers.

Good start Scooby, but you forgot THE most important piece of kit.

The Brew Kit

How anybody can go without the Kettle, Teabags, Sugar Mug n Spoon is beyond me.

Good Luck, and Enjoy

Kate

I’d add a torch to the list

Good luck!

tape, hammer and nails for measuring wide loads and nailing wedges for pipes i have to carry. thanks for the replies :smiley: :smiley:

Dan AKA Boo,
Thanks for the chuckle at 6am :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I carry a tape measure & stick it notes when I am driving a flatbed, then if the load is higher than the cab I get a rough measurement of height & stick it on the dash, it saves those :blush: moments…
Also other than the hammer & nails, & also possibly the screwdrivers (& the tacho’s which the company should provide under tacho regs it looks a sensible list to me.
Come on guys, this a new driver he needs our support not the urine extracting.

daxi:
Come on guys, this a new driver he needs our support not the urine extracting.

Agreed, but can anyone explain why you’d need 3 pairs of gloves with you :question:

Cheers.

Rob K:
Agreed, but can anyone explain why you’d need 3 pairs of gloves with you :question:

Cheers.

May be its in case he needs an extra pair of hands? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

but can anyone explain why you’d need 3 pairs of gloves with you

• one “Dirty” pair for airlines covered in fifth wheel grease etc
  • one “Clean” pair for handling goods etc
  • One “Spare” pair for when I forget I left one of the other pairs on top of the deisel tank etc :open_mouth: :blush: :wink:

i also have a fridge

12/24 adapter (twin)
spare bulbs
spare gas for cooker

Marker boards. Half a roll of red & white barrier tape for when you’ve no where to attach the boards and an orange beacon.

a decent truckers atlas :smiley:

jon