Whats Needed!!

Accepted a new job this morning, starting week on monday with 2 or 3 nights out a week, been doing local work since i passed my test a couple of years back. Iknow some will call me daft to be sleeping out and not in my own bed, but something i have fancied doing is a bit of distance work and all that.

I know it has been asked before but can’t seem to find any posts on it regarding gear I will need to get me going apart from the obvious sleeping stuff etc, also wondering what would be cheapest option to watch a bit of telly. :slight_smile:

pretty much answers everything

Maplin sell a tv with freeview that plugs straight into the 12v ■■■ lighter its small and easy to carry store move around etc and it comes with a Aerial with a long cord and magnetic base so it will reach the roof

I have two sets of what i need, so one lot of bedding that stays at home and the other that stays in the car or truck for when you need it so you do not have to lug it around, the same for the wash kit,like the razor, toothbrush and so on.
Foam ear plugs for when i am snoring or parked in a noisy lay bay.
At a camping shop they have small gas cookers, most drivers buy tins of food from Lidl or Aldi do you can knock out a decent meal when you are out of hours or can not get to a cafe for the night, or stuck at a RDC for hours.
A water container with a tap for washing up or making a brew.
A good thermos to save wasting money on expensive coffee on the road, some places charge a small fee to fill it.
Print out some truck stops or have a copy of the free truck mag that lists the truck stops, the post code is supplied or google it.
A basic tool kit to get you out of trouble, spare air/electric lines, they are easy to snap on a tight turn or get stolen in the night.
Spare trailer number plate.Box of bulbs and fuses.
Tow hook for the truck, under the side locker.

with regard to the water container ,i bought a (new) plastic fuel can and used babies bottle steriliser to clean it. i found a gallon was adequate for 2-3 days

Basic first aid kit, some medicine for upset stomachs, head ache pills, the price hike at the Msa is high.

toby1234abc:
Basic first aid kit, some medicine for upset stomachs, head ache pills, the price hike at the Msa is high.

Lets not forget Antibiotics for the dreaded tooth ache/abscess :wink: