tramping essentials ???

Hello All,

I am just about to start with another employer and have been told that I will be out for approx 4-5 nights a week.

In previous jobs I have not been required to have nights out ect and therefore I am unsure of the essentials that I need to take with me ?
Can anyone of you fellow trucker’s advise me of the stuff needed to make life easier.

P.S obviously I know about toiletries and change of clothes ect - its the other things that you don’t think of.

Thanks

Best advice from me - TOILET ROLL :wink:

jump leads,
oil,
boltcutters,
selection of tools,
quilt,
pillow,
tv,
maps,
air dryer filter,
large knife,
smaller knife,
cb,
spare suzies,
cup,
pen,
diary,
magnet,
blown fuse,
some wire,
gloves,
scaffolding tube 1 metre.

Camping gas cooker to make porridge or tea and coffee.Oat bars,healthy alternative to chocalate.6 to 12 litres of still drinking water from Lidl`s at 35 per litre,on a MSA,need mortage to buy essentials.Ear plugs for sleeping,in case kip on noisy lay by or a fridge pulls up beside you.Phone charger and a few 20 pence pieces for a BT box,in case mobile fails.Water bottles double up as a wee bottle,to dispose of in the morning,to save you getting dressed to leave cab and wee in the night.Ratchet straps to secure the passenger and drivers door together,be carefull if there is a fire and have to escape,can allways cut it.Some sort of self defence item that is legal.Tools and spare bulbs.Carboard to make a spare trailer plate if you loose it.Notepad to write down POA and work times.Salter kitchen timer to record daily driving.Reliable alarm clock.Baby wipes,if cant get to a shower.Spare susies and electric line,if make a turn.Washing up bowl to wash and shave in the morning.

limeyphil:
boltcutters,
air dryer filter,
large knife,
smaller knife,
magnet,
some wire,

limeyphil sometimes you scare me :open_mouth:
scaffolding tube :question:
wire :open_mouth:
magnet :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
knives :open_mouth:
air dryer filter :confused: :confused: not only expensive but surely garage problem
boltcutters ok if you on containers

Bolt cutters…for seals and padlocks,
magnet…for dodgy adblue pumps, :wink:
scaffolding tube…for tightening chains.
knives…for gutting fish, and opening dodgy tins.
air dryer filter…common problem, easy to change.
wire…well you never know when you need a washing line. :laughing:

driver hour guard
satnav
toiletries & towel
change of clothing
bedding and pillow
camping stove
knife fork spoon & cup
water
pan & kettle
tins of food (sausage & beans, chilli etc)
laptop, mobile broadband & inverter
mobile phone and charger
some form of hitting device
cash
air wick fresh n up
pee bottle
carrier bags for rubbish
bog roll
wet wipes

Get some camping gear like gas etc, before you go. Lots of places charge £3 for 1 can of gas, but online they are less than £2.
surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop … r1148.html
surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop … cr172.html
I have a 10 litre water bottle which can last all week for tea and washing
surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/ … 89237.html

All the usual spares like fuses come in handy and screwdrivers, pliers, torch, wire etc.
Entertainment can get as elaborate as you want, but a simple 7" lcd dvd/digital tv is adequate for most purposes.
wedodigital.co.uk/12v-tv/
Don’t forget the dropper for some things. Some tvs will run from 24v or 12v though.

A coolbox or fridge is most handy. Buy cheap food at the supermarket, instead of the petrol stations/MSAs !

Also, find out if you’re going to be in the same wagon all the time. All that personal crap can be a pain to swap from one wagon to another.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll find that they’ll be working you full stretch if you’re out all week, so you’ll probably just crash out for the first few weeks. Remember your working time hours, no more than 3 x 15 hour shifts per week, and no more than 60 hours total in any one week.

Lidl`s chinese noodles.Beef/chicken flavour.Chicken in white sauce,about a pound,fills you up.Rice pudding.Canned steak or stewing steak cans.Ryvita.Cans of chili.Canned fruit for puddings.Energy snack bars.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Tosh01 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics & avatars, How to use quotes, Driver CPC, and much more…

Tosh01:
Hello All,

I am just about to start with another employer and have been told that I will be out for approx 4-5 nights a week.

In previous jobs I have not been required to have nights out ect and therefore I am unsure of the essentials that I need to take with me ?
Can anyone of you fellow trucker’s advise me of the stuff needed to make life easier.

P.S obviously I know about toiletries and change of clothes ect - its the other things that you don’t think of.

Thanks

NIGHTS OUT - what should I take? is compiled from lists of ideas from many members :smiley:

blown fuse,

Am i missing something here■■?

forgot,

and a partridge in a pear tree :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
jump leads,
oil,
boltcutters,
selection of tools,
quilt,
pillow,
tv,
maps,
air dryer filter,
large knife,
smaller knife,
cb,
spare suzies,
cup,
pen,
diary,
magnet,
blown fuse,
some wire,
gloves,

hey Phil, don’t forget he will need a full set of spare tyres, a spare engine, all the tools to do the engine change :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

after all, in another thread on here, you stated that if a driver breaks down, it’s his fault :confused:

shuttlespanker:

limeyphil:
jump leads,
oil,
boltcutters,
selection of tools,
quilt,
pillow,
tv,
maps,
air dryer filter,
large knife,
smaller knife,
cb,
spare suzies,
cup,
pen,
diary,
magnet,
blown fuse,
some wire,
gloves,

hey Phil, don’t forget he will need a full set of spare tyres, a spare engine, all the tools to do the engine change :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

after all, in another thread on here, you stated that if a driver breaks down, it’s his fault :confused:

your forgott these :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: essentials for all trampers - always be prepared :exclamation: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Haynes Manual for truckers
‘No more nails’ tube
gaffer tape
cable ties
spare digi tacho paper
spare paper charts
soldering equipment
pocket size acetylene torch
pocket size welding equipment
sledge hammer
smaller hammer
t-cut (it’ll buff out boss)
silencer
crow bar
balaklava
powdered water packets (just add water)
warp drive repair kit
anti-matter injectors

thinks thats about it.

baby wipes and ■■■■ for the lonely nights :blush:

Governor!:

blown fuse,

That will depend on how you look at it lol

old trick no good if on digi taco though lol

Governor!:

blown fuse,

i think thats for the run in to save you having another night out!!! :open_mouth:

you know what limeyphil is like! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

WET WIPES!!!

one of the first things i put in my back are those instant immodium tablets that stop you being an upside down water fountain!!!

as as mr v says wet wipes!

not nice having the trots in a layby!!!

CASH… to buy fellow tucknet members a beer or too
just thing new members have to do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: welcome