Tramping?

Hey guys. Start a new Job two weeks today and its tramping.
What essential items do you boys take with you as ive never done it before?

Here we go again.
Wet wipes.

Sense of humour…!

Everything you will need to live for 4/5 days. Essentials are sleeping kit, clothes, washbag, food, then maybe books, stove etc

What you have at home, condensed into a smaller space.

a good set of earplugs for when the mrs phones ya lol

everythings that goes wrong at home is your fault because your off round the country enjoying yourself

16 yrs i did lol and it never got any better

The ability to use ‘search’ :laughing:

Basics are clothes, towel(s), toiletries, wet wipes, kitchen roll, all PPE (because you never know where you’re going next) and some form of entertainment - books, lappy, kindle, pad whatever.

After that, you can add to it as required, stove / kettle, emergency rations, lump hammer and pry bar if on boxes, spare straps etc.

Where do you start… Sure theres a list on here, you should probably start off by doing 1 or 2 nights a week first so if you forget something your not away for too long.

To give you a rough idea though,

Double duvet, couple pillows, couple of towels, bath mat or flipflops, laptop, inverter, clothes plus spares, wet wipes (baby + anti bac) washing up bowl, gas stove, pots and pans, plate and bowl, cutlery, food, few litres of water… the list goes on, you’ll know what you need once you start doing it and in time you’ll collect up lots of different things.

Just to add unless you get your own lorry i wouldnt consider tramping, to live comfortably for a week you’ll take alot of gear and to have to take it all out at the end of the week will really ■■■■ you off.

Cheers for the advice guys. I will have my own truck so that is half the battle of just leaving everything in it.

wonka77:
Cheers for the advice guys. I will have my own truck so that is half the battle of just leaving everything in it.

Stay in services the frist few times until you get the hang of it, that way you wont have to worry about cooking etc.

wigan:
a good set of earplugs for when the mrs phones ya lol

everythings that goes wrong at home is your fault because your off round the country enjoying yourself

16 yrs i did lol and it never got any better

Makes you die that yeah you have the odd good night parked somewhere nice with a little pub that does great food and lovely scenery to while away a couple of hours and a couple of beers but the majority are in some manky lay-by or ■■■■ soakedtruckstop parking area where if you venture to the bar will encounter some high viz and blue tooth ear piece wearing moron who will regale you with tales of one hit from Calais to istanbull or getting the 30 quid a turn fine on the trailer legs.
Of course the mrs thinks you are giving it large and shagging your way round various northern towns.

A good set of headphones is essential. You can listen to your favorite tunes in the rdc while avoiding the BSters. You wont have to endure the usual Zeebrugge ferry/chalking off the bay stories.

Screwdriver set, Adjustable spanner, cable ties etc etc are all useful things to carry. I am amazed by the number of trampers that don’t carry basic tools. Bungee ropes with a hook at each end are handy to have.

Saaamon:
that way you wont have to worry about cooking etc.

That`ll leave him with the food poisoning to worry about :laughing:

Saaamon:
Where do you start… Sure theres a list on here, you should probably start off by doing 1 or 2 nights a week first so if you forget something your not away for too long.

To give you a rough idea though,

Double duvet, couple pillows, couple of towels, bath mat or flipflops, laptop, inverter, clothes plus spares, wet wipes (baby + anti bac) washing up bowl, gas stove, pots and pans, plate and bowl, cutlery, food, few litres of water… the list goes on, you’ll know what you need once you start doing it and in time you’ll collect up lots of different things.

Just to add unless you get your own lorry i wouldnt consider tramping, to live comfortably for a week you’ll take alot of gear and to have to take it all out at the end of the week will really ■■■■ you off.

WTF :open_mouth:
I have one bag, in it there’s: duvet, pillow, laptop, clothes, cd’s.

Saaamon:
Stay in services the frist few times until you get the hang of it, that way you wont have to worry about cooking etc.

Motorway services are for mugs. Noisy, smelly, no bar, crappy food, yada yada.

Stricko:
A good set of headphones is essential. You can listen to your favorite tunes in the rdc while avoiding the BSters. You wont have to endure the usual Zeebrugge ferry/chalking off the bay stories.

Screwdriver set, Adjustable spanner, cable ties etc etc are all useful things to carry. I am amazed by the number of trampers that don’t carry basic tools. Bungee ropes with a hook at each end are handy to have.

^^^^^^^
this is good advice, aswell as some gaffer, w.d.40 and a hammer. the hammer is normally last resort, but if all else fails the hammer should solve most issues. (disclaimer…if you have peter sutcliffe type tendencies, leave the hammer at home.)

oh, and wet wipes.

Hahaha cheers lads. Having a good chuckle here :laughing:

Toilet roll,at least if you find a clean enough toilet,and theres no toilet roll you arent stuck.

a good wireless,
television (colour if you can get one)
spare valves.
video cassette recorder (betamax, or vhs)
green shield stamp book.
candles for at night.
spare log book.
a spare pair of socks.
some cable, so you can steal power from a lamp post for the television. (make sure it’s not a gas lamp).
an ounce of shag.
and a book of matches.

limeyphil:
a good wireless,
television (colour if you can get one)
spare valves.
video cassette recorder (betamax, or vhs)
green shield stamp book.
candles for at night.
spare log book.
a spare pair of socks.
some cable, so you can steal power from a lamp post for the television. (make sure it’s not a gas lamp).
an ounce of shag.
and a book of matches.

You forgot a plank to put between your door handles to sleep on. :wink: