Essential items

Hi all,

Those of you who do regular nights out or even those who don’t-what do you consider to be in-cab essential items :question: :question: You know the little things that make life easier in every day life…there must be some for the trucker!!

SCANTHEMAN

Got to be a big pack of wet wipes every time. Excellent for cleaning you and the cab. x

Remember 3 rooms from your house, and you won’t go wrong.

1. Kitchen: Water, kettle, milk, sugar, food, washing up bowl, bin.

2. Bedroom: Duvet, clean clothes,pillow.

3. Bathroom: Soap.towels,shampoo,razor,deodarant.

As long as you have some money on you, and have breakdown cover, you won’t go wrong with the above.

Go to work prepared for the worst.

As long as you can make a brew, have a wash, and get your head down you will be O.K.

Cheers,

Niall.

In no particular order -
Coffee, Sugar, Milk, Water, Kettle, Spoon, Mug. :smiley: :smiley:

In no particular order, coffee, water, washing gear, towel, clean clothes, bedding and something to keep you from getting bored - books or whatever floats your boat. Taht would be about the minimum.

Don’t forget a bogroll there’s never one when you need it :laughing:

Bugsy:

The same could be said for bog!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :cry: :cry: :cry:

all the above + TV,small camping stove and tins of food just incase you end up in a layby you wont go hungry :wink: and something to warm the grub in…i use the old army mess tins :laughing:

Also, since I can’t add much to the above…
Check the stereo out, ensure the reception is ok, and the radio itself is RDS as it’ll then keep up with your favorite station while moving. The sheer pain and annoyance of fighting a naff radio every 10 mins is well worth the consideration of a temporary (or not so temp depending) replacement with a better one. Little camping stoves are under 20 quid these days, and one of those, a small pan and a few tins can keep you going if you have to stop in a layby for the night. Just be certain that you place it sensibly in the cab, away from curtains, and where it won’t easily fall if some Belgian or Portugese driver decides to wipe your mirrors as he passes :sunglasses:
Also highly recomended: A top up shop at your favorite supermarket for plenty of drinks etc before each run. Sure it’s a pain to drag 10-15 bottles of fizz to your cab each monday morning, but would you rather pay 3 times the price at a supermarket? If you drink red-bull or clones, check out Lidl and Aldi for theirs, they work out around 30p a can. A crate of 24 for under a tenner should keep you going without paying £1.50 or more at a gas station when you feel wiped, and need to make another 50 miles or more before stopping for the night. One of those, and a ten minute leg stretch works wonders.
If you do take a stove, pack a small cleaning brush so you can keep it clean, and a plate and knife/fork/spoon helps too. Well worth browsing army surplus and hardware shops for bargain stuff.
But also remember to keep the total amount to stuff you can fit in your car in one go, just in case.

Here’s a link to a similar topic from last December :
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ight=#5664
although some items have been mentioned already up above. :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

steering wheel… :laughing: comfy shift…cruise control :laughing: and of course good sounds :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Even though you lot have stacked your cab up to the ceiling with -imo- unnecessary tat :grimacing: , none of you would even get out of the yard :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

What are you gonna fill your tacho in with :question: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

DOH :grimacing:

TC:

Bugsy:

The same could be said for bog!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

WHICH BIT OF WOOD-WORK DID HE CREEP OUT OF :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: :astonished:

Rob K:
WHICH BIT OF WOOD-WORK DID HE CREEP OUT OF :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: :astonished:

I take it

HE

is meaning me!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :confused: :astonished:

I got back this week, fully refreshed, tanned and looking forward to a few more weeks on the sick!! then I may get a job or take a further few weeks on Holiday before the Christmas rush!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rob K:
Even though you lot have stacked your cab up to the ceiling with -imo- unnecessary tat :grimacing: , none of you would even get out of the yard :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

What are you gonna fill your tacho in with :question: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

oh yes!! dont forget some chalk :open_mouth: :laughing:

Before you leave the yard, make sure the night heaters working. Glasgow ain’t the warmest of places in November. It was a spanking new DAF CF & I didn’t bother checking :unamused: . Allways will now though :wink: .

Rob K:

Slit wrists :laughing: .

In this order,
Cash, plenty of it,
Tea making swag,
water can/kettel.
Spare underwear
Bedding,

I carry loads more than that of course, but you can get by well on them 4 items.

surprised no ones mentioned a tin opener.

Gas stoves are only £10 at Big W or woolies at moment,
A tin kettle from ikea £4 boils 1.5ltr in 5mins or less not 30 like the elec ones
I like spare slip on shoes to wear after I park up and shorts and T shirt