Daily stuff required

Had a couple of calls from so may have a start with agency, but apart from trucknav, phillips atlas, dashcam, mobile and wallet what else would you take with you for a days driving

sandwiches and a bottle of water/cordial to drink.you never know where you might end up taking your break…and i refuse to pay Motorway prices! and don’t forget your safety shoes or boots and a hi-viz :slight_smile:

And don’t forget to check the truck your in has a spair tacho role and a fuel card. You’d be surprised how transport managers don’t know whats in their trucks or not as the case may be

Brilliant, I’ll end up taking loads lol

I would take a sleeping bag and a pillow, even though it is day work, you never know when it will be needed, such as running out of time, broken down, or trapped on a shut road due to a fatal accident.

Don’t forget your Bluetooth ear piece :wink:

Baby wipes
Dairy
Food
Flask of hot water
Coffee ? Tea
Mug
Pen
Tacho
Driving licence

toby1234abc:
I would take a sleeping bag and a pillow, even though it is day work, you never know when it will be needed, such as running out of time, broken down, or trapped on a shut road due to a fatal accident.

I’ve been driving 12 years on day runs never once needed a sleeping bag or pillow,glad I didn’t carry it with me for all that time :open_mouth:

Baby wipes
Dairy
Food
Flask of hot water
Coffee ? Tea
Mug
Pen
Tacho
Driving licence
Phone charger
Book / Kindle

Gloves High viz safety boots

Seems fairly straight forward, cheers for your help

Want one of us to sort you out with the required limp?

Few things you will need;

Lots of pens
Ink if they are refillable
Music
Pack of wipes
Ibruprofen
Notebook
Glue

Toe tectors
Warm clothing
Alarm
Tools

Hope this helps.

Don’t forget a phone charger, if you do end up with a night out you will need it for the next day!

eagerbeaver:
Few things you will need;

Lots of pens
Ink if they are refillable
Music
Pack of wipes
Ibruprofen
Notebook
Glue

Toe tectors
Warm clothing
Alarm
Tools

Hope this helps.

Ink if they are refillable!!!

I’m still using a quill.

I’m surprised that no one’s mentioned the Ball Pein Hammer yet, for tapping the prostitute’s head that you’re hanging out the back of !

TheTrogFather:
And don’t forget to check the truck your in has a spair tacho role and a fuel card. You’d be surprised how transport managers don’t know whats in their trucks or not as the case may be

yes I have these (spare tacho rolls)

I normally carry:

-tape measure (to check trailer height if needed)
-my ‘stick’ to check my brakes (it goes on brake pedal to engage it so I can get off and go round to check my lights)…other drivers either think it’s a ‘broomstick’ or some kind of ‘fetish tool’ :open_mouth:

• gloves in a spare carrier bag as they get quite dirty…(to use when coupling/uncoupling/loading etc)
  • 3 spare tacho rolls
  • a pocket size guide on drivers hours and daily checks (as sometimes I have ‘memory of a fish’ so I glance at it to make sure I have not forgotten anything)
  • notepad
  • pens
  • spare change
  • debit card/driving licence/cpc card/digi-tacho
  • phone and charger
  • sat-nav and charger
  • AA big trucker’s atlas
  • water
  • paracetamol
  • food/snacks
  • hi-viz

steel-toe-cap boots are on me/wearing them

yes that is enough for me anyway as an ‘agency’ driver :grimacing: (when I used to do international tramping all my things were in my motor and had a big bag to throw stuff in if needed ie: when on my days off I ventured to do my weekly washing etc)

nobodysdriving:

TheTrogFather:

yes I have these (spare tacho rolls)

I normally carry:

-tape measure (to check trailer height if needed)
-my ‘stick’ to check my brakes (it goes on brake pedal to engage it so I can get off and go round to check my lights)…other drivers either think it’s a ‘broomstick’ or some kind of ‘fetish tool’ :open_mouth:

• gloves in a spare carrier bag as they get quite dirty…(to use when coupling/uncoupling/loading etc)
  • 3 spare tacho rolls
  • a pocket size guide on drivers hours and daily checks (as sometimes I have ‘memory of a fish’ so I glance at it to make sure I have not forgotten anything)
  • notepad
  • pens
  • spare change
  • debit card/driving licence/cpc card/digi-tacho
  • phone and charger
  • sat-nav and charger
  • AA big trucker’s atlas
  • water
  • paracetamol
  • food/snacks
  • hi-viz

steel-toe-cap boots are on me/wearing them

yes that is enough for me anyway as an ‘agency’ driver :grimacing: (when I used to do international tramping all my things were in my motor and had a big bag to throw stuff in if needed ie: when on my days off I ventured to do my weekly washing etc)

Have you got a copy of your easy guide tach hours please

geoffwales:

Hi geoffwales

it’s this one here:

http://www.rhaonline.co.uk/vehicle--driver-accessories/eu-drivers-hours--working-time-rules-card-_---veh-004-.html

nobodysdriving:

geoffwales:

Hi geoffwales

it’s this one here:

RHA | Shop

Cheers, .99p but £4 in postage seemed bit steep lol.

Thank you for sending the link

geoffwales:

nobodysdriving:

geoffwales:

Hi geoffwales

it’s this one here:

RHA | Shop

Cheers, .99p but £4 in postage seemed bit steep lol.

Thank you for sending the link

yes but that is why I got it together with a ‘bigger’ oder I had placed :smiley: if not I would not have ‘bothered’