What did I do wrong??

Strarted at 17;00 fri night on a 08 Actros.

Put digi card in, followed prompts card went in at 17.05, which gave me until 23;05 before I needed a break (Providing I did not do more than 4.5 driving etc)

Had a 15 minute break at Coleford, then pulled over at 22,49 for a half hour, then tipped Middlewich and back to base, so all in all perfectly legal.

So why then when I did a printout, did the effin thing say I started at 16;05!!! This in theory has put me over my hours…

HELP!!!

because the clock that you see is in BST. but the internal clock isn’t.
you didn’t do anything wrong. “which makes a change” :laughing:
it’s beverley bell’s fault.

Yeah i know im legal, BUT why did it show 16;05 start, coz according to the print I did 6 hour forty something, so on paper im illegal, or is this perfectly normal■■?

■■■■■■ things… :unamused:

Yea nothing wrong you have to rember that clock is in utc time on printouts

tony66:

But then he would finish one hour “earlier” as well…

Also are you sure you had a full 15 and a full 30 as sometimes if you drive off as soon as it says 15 or 30 it wont regester as a full break i allways take 1 minute over just to make sure.

orys:

tony66:

But then he would finish one hour “earlier” as well…

That’s right, so if you stop at 8pm. you can still watch emmerdale. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coddy:
Strarted at 17;00 fri night on a 08 Actros.

Put digi card in, followed prompts card went in at 17.05,which gave me until 23;05 before I needed a break (Providing I did not do more than 4.5 driving etc)

If you look at the prompts asking about end of previous shift and start of current shift you will see taht at this time of teh year those times are 1 hour less than British Summer Time.

Coddy:
Had a 15 minute break at Coleford, then pulled over at 22,49 for a half hour,

22:49 by the time displayed time on the tacho unit, the internal time will have that break commencing at 21:49, you will see that on the printout.

Coddy:
So why then when I did a printout, did the effin thing say I started at 16;05!!! This in theory has put me over my hours…

No it hasn’t if 17:05 - 22:49 hasn’t put you over then neither has 16:05 - 21:49. Don’t worry.

It’s pretty much all been said but if you check your printout you’ll find that all the times are shown one hour earlier than BST.

At this time of year assuming the display has been set to the correct time it will show British Summer Time on the clock but the printout will show UTC time.

that got me too, hate the effin thing :unamused: Biggest PITA going!

Right, the print out is showing me starting at 16;05 (Digi head time) and me parking for the break at 22;49 real time, so somewhere the printout has gained an hour, BUT finished at real time. it even said I started driving at 16;20, It should not have shown that, as it was 17;20 when I moved…

Breaks were 20 minutes and 35, never do bang on the minute…

Back to square one, you must have a break before 6 hrs working or 4.5 driving…

So again, the printout is showing me techniclly breaking the law… Even though I didnt…

my digi tach tells a lot of lies, so i keep a diary and make notes as best i can. vosa seem happy with my method.
i remember being 7 minutes over on a 10 hour drive, so i made a note of the reason, “Snow”, but when i did a printout it showed 37 minutes over.
As it is common knowledge that digi tachos don’t work as they should, then there is no point in paying vosa any fines.
It would be very easy to get any evidence gained from them thrown out of a court.

Coddy:
Right, the print out is showing me starting at 16;05 (Digi head time) and me parking for the break at 22;49 real time, so somewhere the printout has gained an hour, BUT finished at real time. it even said I started driving at 16;20, It should not have shown that, as it was 17;20 when I moved…

Breaks were 20 minutes and 35, never do bang on the minute…

Back to square one, you must have a break before 6 hrs working or 4.5 driving…

So again, the printout is showing me techniclly breaking the law… Even though I didnt…

The information on your driver card is in UTC time and as the printout is from the driver card the printout will be in UTC time also, if you started driving at 17:20 it will show as 16:20 on the printout, that’s correct as 16:20 UTC is 17:20 BST.

Would it be possible for you to scan and paste part of the printout so we can get a clearer picture of what’s happening ?

Coddy:
Right, the print out is showing me starting at 16;05 (Digi head time) and me parking for the break at 22;49 real time, so somewhere the printout has gained an hour, BUT finished at real time.

The print out can’t gain an hour, I think you may be reading it wrong. Can you scan it in and post it on here, blanking out any personal details,?

Coddy:
it even said I started driving at 16;20, It should not have shown that, as it was 17;20 when I moved…

That is correct, you started driving at 17:20 BST, which is 16:20 UTC so it is correct in showing you moving off at that time. From now until the last Sunday in October everything recorded by the tacho, and shown on the printout will be 1 hour behind ‘real’ time. At least we get a few months when both times are the same, most of the rest of Europe are always either 1 or 2 hours different.

tachograph:
Would it be possible for you to scan and paste part of the printout so we can get a clearer picture of what’s happening ?

Coffeeholic:
Can you scan it in and post it on here, blanking out any personal details,?

Now that’s just spooky. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:
Can you scan it in and post it on here, blanking out any personal details,?

Now that’s just spooky. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes that’s what I thought :smiley:

I dont have a scanner, so cant really do the image… :blush:

I understand about the 16;20 being UTC, but then the printout should have shown 21;49 in parking up, will have another look later, mileage etc all seem correct, as does finish time…

Also seems that a couple of the Co drivers have had the same problem…

Coddy:

Try a picture with a digital camera or better mobile…

Coddy:

I understand about the 16;20 being UTC, but then the printout should have shown 21;49 in parking up, will have another look later, mileage etc all seem correct, as does finish time…

Also seems that a couple of the Co drivers have had the same problem…

I’ve seen this problem a lot recently and it is usually a simple PIDPOK problem.

Coffeeholic:
I’ve seen this problem a lot recently and it is usually a simple PIDPOK problem.

Go on then I’ll ask, what’s a PIDPOK problem ? :confused: